View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 should we cut aaron barry? 
Team MVP

Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
scott isnt anything special but more likely to make an impact this season than culbreath

Some people on here (or some one on here) stated that Culbreath was going to potentially be our LT this year... Hmmmm...

I heard RT, but NEVER left tackle.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 24th, 2012, 5:01 pm
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
scott isnt anything special but more likely to make an impact this season than culbreath

Some people on here (or some one on here) stated that Culbreath was going to potentially be our LT this year... Hmmmm...

I complained that we didn't have a replacement for Backus, and after the claim that "it seems avril was match up against the kid for a couple indoor practices and was getting completely stoned when gunther finally pulled cliff" I thought he was discussed as a potential replacement, but I could be wrong.

Other Culbreath and OL predictions in relation to RT -

"they also know what culbreath brings to the table.u guys dont"

"culbreath spent all his time between the weight room and the film room.as contracts there planning on back loading alot of avrils and tullochs to allow them to go after gaither an landry"

"i,m not speculating about this its coming from the team... as for culbreath .the coaches feel he is ready.i didnt know u coach the line"

"The fact is the lions wont be taking an olineman until after the 3rd... the rightside will be a compation between goz and culbreath with the loser goin insid"

Just saying...

July 24th, 2012, 5:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Wayne Fontes wrote:
2 in 2 days. Lions cut Johnny Culbreath and sign Jon Scott. So much for Culbreath being our RT of the future.

Are you serious that we signed Scott? Because I haven't read all the other threads yet and I hadn't heard about this. But, when I heard we cut Culbreath, I thought, I don't think this had anything to do with his arrest. It's been far too long ago to cut him for it now. And then I remembered that Scott was cut for cap purposes last week. Scott is the reason I assumed that Culbreath was cut. LOL. I don't know why we ever let Scott leave when we had him before.

July 24th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I complained that we didn't have a replacement for Backus, and after the claim that "it seems avril was match up against the kid for a couple indoor practices and was getting completely stoned when gunther finally pulled cliff" I thought he was discussed as a potential replacement, but I could be wrong.

Other Culbreath and OL predictions in relation to RT -

"they also know what culbreath brings to the table.u guys dont"

"culbreath spent all his time between the weight room and the film room.as contracts there planning on back loading alot of avrils and tullochs to allow them to go after gaither an landry"

"i,m not speculating about this its coming from the team... as for culbreath .the coaches feel he is ready.i didnt know u coach the line"

"The fact is the lions wont be taking an olineman until after the 3rd... the rightside will be a compation between goz and culbreath with the loser goin insid"

Just saying...

WJB, you make a good argument. I wonder the same thing. Kinda seems like after all his info that has been ending up as false, he would come on here and explain why these things are happening.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

July 24th, 2012, 10:37 pm
Div 1 - Starter

kdsberman wrote:
Agree M2. Then they go on to say things like "I Sincerely apologize for my actions".....NO YOU DONT. So now, it makes you a freakin' moron, AND a liar!!

Let's suppose, just for a moment, that a player really were sincere about his apology and really did feel badly about it. In your view, what would be required in order to demonstrate that (within reason)?

July 28th, 2012, 7:40 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Then, they're just nuts...Fox, yes, Culbreath, not even in 10 years

July 28th, 2012, 8:55 pm
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Agree M2. Then they go on to say things like "I Sincerely apologize for my actions".....NO YOU DONT. So now, it makes you a freakin' moron, AND a liar!!

Let's suppose, just for a moment, that a player really were sincere about his apology and really did feel badly about it. In your view, what would be required in order to demonstrate that (within reason)?

How about meaning it the FIRST time? How about he shows some level of maturity from the first run in with the law? How about he not make his off-field issues progressively worse, followed by the same cookie cutter apology, written by his agent, with the "woe is me" mentality?

Aaron Berry demonstrated, multiple times throughout his college and professional career, that he doesn't know the meaning of the word accountability.

He does, however, strongly demonstrate the ability to act out the word "knucklehead".

If he's truly sorry this time, he can be sorry on another team.

July 30th, 2012, 9:34 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Growler wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

How about meaning it the FIRST time? How about he shows some level of maturity from the first run in with the law? How about he not make his off-field issues progressively worse, followed by the same cookie cutter apology, written by his agent, with the "woe is me" mentality?

Aaron Berry demonstrated, multiple times throughout his college and professional career, that he doesn't know the meaning of the word accountability.

He does, however, strongly demonstrate the ability to act out the word "knucklehead".

If he's truly sorry this time, he can be sorry on another team.

What M2 said. And I hate to judge someone and think that they dont mean what they say, but honestly you'd have to be brain dead to believe this guys apology.

Either way, hes gone. And the team is now better without him. (TEAM)

July 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6