View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Nick Lidstrom 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Nick Lidstrom
SInce you failed to read each point I made and simply put a false statement together, I'll simply say they had more than enough money in cap room last offseason AND this offseason. The franchise lost money, but so did the Pistons and the Lions in the past few years. Does that mean they'll not pay their players?

July 27th, 2012, 12:56 pm
conversion02 wrote:
SInce you failed to read each point I made and simply put a false statement together, I'll simply say they had more than enough money in cap room last offseason AND this offseason. The franchise lost money, but so did the Pistons and the Lions in the past few years. Does that mean they'll not pay their players?

Everyone knew the Preds wouldn't have done it, including you last off-season, which is why you made up your ridiculous post about how its "not proper" for teams to "poach players" (which is ridiculous BS). There's nothing false about that statement. The reason we didn't get Webber last year wasn't because we couldn't afford him, but because we thought he was over-priced and we had a better option on our team in Nick. Both of those things were false. This was clearly a lack of foresight by Holland (and you), but you don't want to admit it.

The Lions and the Pistons, for the most part, have been profitable. They have had a few years where they failed to get into the black, but for the most part, year after year they make money. The same isn't true for the lower level hockey teams, which is why they're worth a lot less, change ownership a lot more, and they're constantly moved around looking for a new venue and fan base where they'll make it.

The Maple Leafs don't pay their players, the Bluejackets don't pay their players and until recently the Kings, Tampa Bay, and Preds didn't pay their players. It wasn't until some of the aforementioned teams had playoff success that they started paying their players, including the Preds.

July 27th, 2012, 1:09 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
What are you talking about Maple Leafs don't pay there players..? :-k

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

July 28th, 2012, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't know...wjb has lost his mind lately...

July 28th, 2012, 12:26 pm
conversion02 wrote:
I don't know...wjb has lost his mind lately...

Seriously!? Because Toronto just recently started becoming profitable with the tank of the U.S. dollar and recently started paying their players I've lost my mind? You guys are ridiculous. Prior to last season the Leafs were midway or lower in total team salary, but I've lost my mind. The club turned around and started making a huge profit way before they started actually spending money. Now they have money hand over fist, allegedly being one of the most profitable teams in the NHL yet they still don't spend the entire cap, but I'm crazy...

I listed 5 teams and you have a problem with one, and you think that debunks my entire argument? Who's the crazy one?

August 1st, 2012, 3:21 pm
RIP Killer

Because all you do is piss and moan in every thread. I'm tired of reading any of the crap you post because apparently you're the schwami and are a better GM than Holland, Dombrowski, Dumars, and Lewand. It's ridiculous. I'm done, I'll just ignore it like its not even there.

August 4th, 2012, 1:49 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Because all you do is piss and moan in every thread. I'm tired of reading any of the crap you post because apparently you're the schwami and are a better GM than Holland, Dombrowski, Dumars, and Lewand. It's ridiculous. I'm done, I'll just ignore it like its not even there.

Thank you

August 5th, 2012, 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3