View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 O'Hara on Matthew Stafford 
Team MVP

Post Re: O'Hara on Matthew Stafford
The Legend wrote:
one thing that blows my mind is how unfairly the playoff game vs the Saints was refereed when the NFL was investigating the Saints bounty program at the time. We didnt know it then but the league did...

Frustrating isnt it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 29th, 2012, 8:30 pm
Modmin Dude

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
The thing that bothers me is that when guys talk about Stafford, they like to say "id like to see more of him before I can rate him this high". But then they talk SOO much about Newton, and hes only played ONE YEAR. Why on earth dont they wanna see more from HIM too??

Because the media hates Detroit. If he played for New York or another city like that he would've made the PB with no problem last year. This all correlates with all the BS the refs give the Lions every year.
Or, you know, he missed large parts of his first 2 NFL seasons and people want to make sure he's durable before rating him higher (rightfully so IMO)

July 31st, 2012, 12:51 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Staff is awesome. I honestly wouldn't want any other QB on our team.

July 31st, 2012, 1:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thelomasbrowns wrote:

WHAAA? not even Cam Newton?? I hear he's pretty good! :wink: :lol: :lol:

July 31st, 2012, 1:26 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

WHAAA? not even Cam Newton?? I hear he's pretty good! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Not a chance. Once his mobility is lessened by age or even injrury he won't be half the legendary HOF quarterback Stafford will finish as. Literally not 1 other person I'd rather have, not even Aaron Rodgers.

July 31st, 2012, 10:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
Not a chance. Once his mobility is lessened by age or even injrury he won't be half the legendary HOF quarterback Stafford will finish as. Literally not 1 other person I'd rather have, not even Aaron Rodgers.
I agree 200%. I am glad Bradford was too scared to be drafted by us and cant wait to see the matchup week 1.

August 1st, 2012, 2:00 am

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
I agree 200%. I am glad Bradford was too scared to be drafted by us and cant wait to see the matchup week 1.

That will be a good matchup. Cortland Finnegan will be up against Calvin Johnson and they're overall a decent team, so it'll be a good test for the Lions. I think Bradford is sacked 4 times, picked off twice, and Calvin has 60 yards on the day, but it doesn't matter since Titus will get single coverage often and explode for 150 yards. Staff passes for 375 yards.

August 1st, 2012, 1:08 pm
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

That will be a good matchup. Cortland Finnegan will be up against Calvin Johnson and they're overall a decent team, so it'll be a good test for the Lions. I think Bradford is sacked 4 times, picked off twice, and Calvin has 60 yards on the day, but it doesn't matter since Titus will get single coverage often and explode for 150 yards. Staff passes for 375 yards.

I think you have too much faith in Cortland Finnegan. He's on the downside of his career, ever since he got decked by Andre Johnson. Calvin is on the upside of his career and will victimize that fool. Calvin may not get 200 yards on the day, but I think he'll break the century mark.

August 1st, 2012, 1:14 pm

m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

I think you have too much faith in Cortland Finnegan. He's on the downside of his career, ever since he got decked by Andre Johnson. Calvin is on the upside of his career and will victimize that fool. Calvin may not get 200 yards on the day, but I think he'll break the century mark.

You have a point. I just can't wait to see how teams react when they MUST double team Calvin, and Titus keeps beating single coverage, AND they have to worry about Burleson, and possible Broyles, let alone 2 TE sets, it'll all just drive defenses crazy. I expect our offense to finish #1, defense somewhere around 13th.

August 1st, 2012, 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2