View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Training Camp 2012 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Training Camp 2012
regularjoe12 wrote:
we're the season with a Rb situation thats almost as scary as it was at the end of last season.

WJB is right...there was a certain RB we REALLY needed to pursue this offseason.

WJB wasnt the only 1 calling for Michael Bush (and assorted others) from day 1, but it was something he was correct about.

kdsberman wrote:
I was reading some fantasy football WR rankings, and this particular site had them broken into tiers, with Calvin having his OWN tier....called the Megatron Tier. Hell yes.

You just made my signature.... and I don't even like Fantasy Football.

August 3rd, 2012, 2:41 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Butkus Award Winner

DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
we're the season with a Rb situation thats almost as scary as it was at the end of last season.

WJB is right...there was a certain RB we REALLY needed to pursue this offseason.

WJB wasnt the only 1 calling for Michael Bush (and assorted others) from day 1, but it was something he was correct about.

kdsberman wrote:
I was reading some fantasy football WR rankings, and this particular site had them broken into tiers, with Calvin having his OWN tier....called the Megatron Tier. Hell yes.

Now looking back on it, he would've been a great pick up. He's basically what LT was with the Jets in 2009, past his prime but still very productive and able to start and carry the load. Would've solidified our run game.

August 3rd, 2012, 3:19 am
RIP Killer

While you guys sit there and point the finger at the backs and think they must be upgraded to produce a run game, the rest of us will point at the offensive line with the understanding that the changes need to take place there to improve the running game.

August 3rd, 2012, 9:03 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
While you guys sit there and point the finger at the backs and think they must be upgraded to produce a run game, the rest of us will point at the offensive line with the understanding that the changes need to take place there to improve the running game.

while that is true...this is starting to look like we are going to need to be pulling RB's off the street again! no matter how bad the o line is, this is a situation that is by far worse! we wont catch lightning in a bottle twice a pull another RB off the street who gets a 100 yard game. You have to have both a RB and an O Line. Our oline is adequate (barely at times) our running backs are all too injury prone and 2 out of the 3 may not start the season?? YIKES

August 3rd, 2012, 9:31 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:

Agree with this. Adding a different RB might improve the run game slightly, but its the O-line that makes the holes.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 3rd, 2012, 9:34 am
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:

Lol thats awesome!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 3rd, 2012, 9:34 am
Rookie Player of the Year

C. Benson really isn't a bad option play-wise. Character-wise, maybe, but the guy's still a legit RB.

We all know the O-line can be upgraded, but if taking a franchise LT in the 1st doesn't quiet the doubters, what will?

August 3rd, 2012, 12:18 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
C. Benson really isn't a bad option play-wise. Character-wise, maybe, but the guy's still a legit RB.

We all know the O-line can be upgraded, but if taking a franchise LT in the 1st doesn't quiet the doubters, what will?

How about getting a center and right guard?

Oh, and it remains to be seen if Reiff will be a franchise LT in the NFL. Personally, I hope he can be. But with his pick, the Lions sought to improve the strongest spot on the offensive line, in my opinion. It needed to be done, no doubt. But it won't improve the offensive line all that much this season.

August 3rd, 2012, 12:50 pm
m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Oh, and it remains to be seen if Reiff will be a franchise LT in the NFL. Personally, I hope he can be. But with his pick, the Lions sought to improve the strongest spot on the offensive line, in my opinion. It needed to be done, no doubt. But it won't improve the offensive line all that much this season.

I agree... I don't see why we're drafting replacement players and ignoring holes, especially considering there was a much higher rated OG available, and we've had a hole at OG for YEARS. This OL hasn't had two capable OGs since... Wow... Probably since Barry left...

That said, M2, I agree with you about the OL, but it's looking more and more like we're not even going to have NFL caliber backs. I honestly wouldn't mind Benson (I would have preferred Bush, but I'd take Benson), but what money are we going to use to sign him with?

We could always cut Nate! ;-)...

August 3rd, 2012, 1:16 pm
Butkus Award Winner

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Exactly. Reiff is said to be working with the third team, so he is struggling a bit, but I personally think he'll turn out to be a B+ grade LT.

Hypothetically, if Avril is cut next offseason, contract-wise, we'd be able to get a good guard/center for $5-6 million and a replacement for Avril for $4-5 million a year. So we'd have a still-dominant defensive line, a offensive line that can block for runningbacks, and be able to focus on DBs in the draft to avoid big contracts.

August 3rd, 2012, 1:40 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Quote:
Lions RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLDET
CB Bill Bentley may be the value pick of DET's draft. 3rd rd pick. Kid's done nothing but make plays...and then more plays.

Quote:
Everrtte Brown a constant figure on 2nd team DL. If he keeps up his solid play, he could prove to be a key value depth add.

Quote:
Undrafted FA WR Patrick Edwards' hard work paying off. Getting 1st team reps in team drills. Kid absolutely flies.

Looks like Brown might beat out Fluellen. He might be Turk McBride pt. 2.

August 3rd, 2012, 4:25 pm
Butkus Award Winner

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
CB Bill Bentley may be the value pick of DET's draft. 3rd rd pick. Kid's done nothing but make plays...and then more plays.

Quote:
Everrtte Brown a constant figure on 2nd team DL. If he keeps up his solid play, he could prove to be a key value depth add.

Quote:
Undrafted FA WR Patrick Edwards' hard work paying off. Getting 1st team reps in team drills. Kid absolutely flies.

Looks like Brown might beat out Fluellen. He might be Turk McBride pt. 2.

Dwight Bentley, Patrick Edwards, and Tahir Whitehead have all been said to have been impressing so far. Also, an undrafted WR Lance Long has been said to have been doing great so far. How many good WRs can we have?

August 3rd, 2012, 4:37 pm

wasn't Bentley the Midget....er REALLY short guy? like 5' 8" or am i mixing him up with one of the other 2 CB's we drafted?

August 3rd, 2012, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
wasn't Bentley the Midget....er REALLY short guy? like 5' 8" or am i mixing him up with one of the other 2 CB's we drafted?

Bently is short, I believe he is listed around 5'9" or 5'10". We only drafted one other CB, Greenwood, who has good height for a CB around 6'1" or 6'2".

August 3rd, 2012, 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Bently is short, I believe he is listed around 5'9" or 5'10". We only drafted one other CB, Greenwood, who has good height for a CB around 6'1" or 6'2".

Ok Bentley is who I thought it was. everything I read about the kid basically screamed he would have been first round tallent had he been built like an actual football player. Hopefully he has a little Barry in him and his height doesn't afflict him too often. Everything (and I mean EVRYTHING) said he can flat out play.

August 3rd, 2012, 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next