View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Browns (Preseason Game 1) 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Browns (Preseason Game 1)
I've been saying this for a while now, Kevin Smith is a legit starting running back.

August 10th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Hystrix wrote:
Is there a live stream of the game?

Probably not since it's on a local channel (WXYZ).

August 10th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

all times detroit has enthusiasm . enough uptime

August 10th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Team MVP

Good job Bentley! INT baby

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 10th, 2012, 8:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Bentley's the real deal. I wasn't sure he'd make the transition quickly, but he's showing me something. He got beat deep for 34 yards because he never turned his head, but he was right with the receiver. Then he almost had a pick-6 and then jumped the route and got the pick against Greg Little. Even when he's in zone, he's made the right reads and been there for the tackle when there has been a catch. I'm sure he'll make his mistakes, but he's showed he's capable.

August 10th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Sideline reporter: 'Bill Bentley playing well, had an interception.'

Schwartz: 'He should've had two.'

:D

August 10th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Highlights of first half:

Willie Young, Bill Bently, Keiland Williams and Everette Brown with 2 sacks. 6.8 yd average per rush in first half.

All the draft picks that are playing, have played well. Riley, Bentley, Whitehead, both Ronnel and Travon Lewis, and Green on ST. Young and LJ kept constant pressure with KVB and Avril sitting and Fairley looked good when Williams and Suh came out.

Safety depth is going to be a concern. Silva's looked ok (late hit called on him when he whiffed but that's replacement refs) but When Wendling/Coleman came out, the Browns were able to pass over the middle. Wendling and Coleman being behind Delmas/Spievey should be ok as long as they stay healthy.

August 10th, 2012, 9:17 pm

J. Bell has really good vision. I like his style.

Fox and Reiff looking good as well.

August 10th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Man where's Stanton when you need him?

August 10th, 2012, 10:37 pm
RIP Killer

Recap is up

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 0-recap-p1

Go Lions!

August 11th, 2012, 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Just got home from working midnights, had to miss the game, but thank God for DVR. Cant wait to tune in when I wake up. I know its preseason, but from looking at the box score...when did we learn to run the ball????

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 11th, 2012, 7:44 am
Hall of Fame Player

I didn't get to watch the game. But, I listened on Radio. Bentley impressed me. But, I want to see more from him against better competition before I get comfortable with him as the primary target for opposing QB's to pick on.

Did Bell put himself into the mix at RB? Can we afford to keep 4 RB's + a FB, at the expense of another Position?

Our 3rd string DB's are dreadful :!:

Can we get a 6th round pick from somebody for Andre Fluellen? I can not see him making the team this year. I see Mayhew trading a couple of DL away for early - late round picks, depending on who he trades.
(We know we will be keeping Suh, Avril, KVB, and Fairley, but, we could trade virtually any of our other D Linemen. I think we could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Williams. And I would jump on it if we can. He is at the point where his value will diminish soon.)

August 11th, 2012, 9:31 am

BillySims wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But, I listened on Radio. Bentley impressed me. But, I want to see more from him against better competition before I get comfortable with him as the primary target for opposing QB's to pick on.

Did Bell put himself into the mix at RB? Can we afford to keep 4 RB's + a FB, at the expense of another Position?

Can we get a 6th round pick from somebody for Andre Fluellen? I can not see him making the team this year. I see Mayhew trading a couple of DL away for early - late round picks, depending on who he trades.
(We know we will be keeping Suh, Avril, KVB, and Fairley, but, we could trade virtually any of our other D Linemen. I think we could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Williams. And I would jump on it if we can. He is at the point where his value will diminish soon.)

Bell definitely put himself in the discussion. And it's possible they keep 5 RB's and drop the FB again like they did last year and have Heller play some FB. With Leshoure suspended for first 2 games, they have that extra slot for at least 2 weeks, and there's no guarantee that Best plays at all anymore.

Jonte Green got beat once for not turning his head, but got the message and covered well the rest of the game, but he's definitely not on the same level that Bentley is right now. I didn't hear Greenwood's name, so nothing good or bad from him.

And I agree our DL is deep right now. Ronnell Lewis made some noise. Someone's gonna make and bang a big hammer every time he makes a tackle. Everett Brown played well too. Flu is gonna end up cut. I know he can play both DE and DT, but you've got Suh, Cwill, Fairley and Hill at DT, Avril, KVB, Young, LJ, Lewis and Brown at DE. That's 10 right there. At LB, you've got Tully, Durant, Levy, Lewis, Palmer and Hogue. It's going to be a numbers game. Talent is going to be let go during cuts and they will end up playing on other teams. It's a good problem to have.

August 11th, 2012, 10:13 am
League MVP

The one thing that stood out to me was that Stafford didnt look very sharp with his decision making. The arm and accuracy were there but he had a stupid INT and was locking in on where he was going with the ball presnap. On one 3rd down, CLE came with a heavy blitz and Burleson wasnt covered down the right sideline and Stafford tried forcing the ball into coverage. On another play Pettigrew was double covered and everyone else had single coverage and he tried muscling it into Pettigrew who dropped it.

With regards to some of the inquiries about the roster, I thought Fluellen had a decent game actually. I know E Brown made some big plays but those back end guys in the secondary were very bad and the Lions may not want to keep players for the sake of having numbers. 1st team defense was giving up some large chunks and came up big with the turnovers from Young and Bentley. I wasnt impressed overall considering the opponent - a team of that caliber shouldnt be able to drive like that on us. i think that guy Messina has a chance to supplant Palmer as the backup MLB.

Punters both looked bad and special teams coverage wasnt very good. The punt return units were particularly bad at blocking the gunners despite doubling on both sides.

Kellen Moore was not impressive but Thaddeus Lewis was and seems to be CLE #4 QB - maybe we pick him up and try to get him on the practice squad to be the No 3.

August 11th, 2012, 10:33 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Bell definitely put himself in the discussion. And it's possible they keep 5 RB's and drop the FB again like they did last year and have Heller play some FB. With Leshoure suspended for first 2 games, they have that extra slot for at least 2 weeks, and there's no guarantee that Best plays at all anymore.

Jonte Green got beat once for not turning his head, but got the message and covered well the rest of the game, but he's definitely not on the same level that Bentley is right now. I didn't hear Greenwood's name, so nothing good or bad from him.

And I agree our DL is deep right now. Ronnell Lewis made some noise. Someone's gonna make and bang a big hammer every time he makes a tackle. Everett Brown played well too. Flu is gonna end up cut. I know he can play both DE and DT, but you've got Suh, Cwill, Fairley and Hill at DT, Avril, KVB, Young, LJ, Lewis and Brown at DE. That's 10 right there. At LB, you've got Tully, Durant, Levy, Lewis, Palmer and Hogue. It's going to be a numbers game. Talent is going to be let go during cuts and they will end up playing on other teams. It's a good problem to have.

Greenwood is on PUP, so don't expect to see him on the field soon.

August 11th, 2012, 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next