View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Ocho Cinco a Lion? 
QB Coach

Post Re: Ocho Cinco a Lion?
signed with MY Hammi

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 12th, 2012, 1:41 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
The Lions already have Ocho Cinco, it's Tony Scheffler

LOL!! :D

I'll keep Scheffler any day over Ocho Cinco. Not interested in him at all.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Do we REALLY want to trade SELFLESSNESS for SELFISHNESS? ... Chad and Terrell are me-itis type of guys that do more to harm a team than benefit.

Meanwhile: Nate has been UBER-supportive of the WR core, and really gone out of his way to help the younger guys. Why in the world would we want to dump him for this? ...

Agreed!

June 13th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Not to mention that Burleson's contract is almost entirely guaranteed and therefore cutting does not really gain us any cap space.

June 14th, 2012, 3:32 pm
Water Boy

Miami just cut him.

I say bring him in.

No risk, high reward

August 13th, 2012, 1:58 am
QB Coach

Why? So we can have the Detroit Lions on the front page of all news medias again, with another player arrested? No thanks!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 13th, 2012, 7:54 am
Team MVP

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Why? So we can have the Detroit Lions on the front page of all news medias again, with another player arrested? No thanks!

NO. Keep him far, far away.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 13th, 2012, 9:03 am
Water Boy

Care more about his abilities.

Lined up across from CJ..

August 13th, 2012, 9:25 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

we simply dont need him. If young develops at all we have no space for him,...and thats WITHOUT Broyls stepping up and doing anything.

August 13th, 2012, 9:38 am
QB Coach

CJ and Burleson are two leaders who have done much to create a receiving corps that is SELFLESS, and willing to work as a team. They feed off each other, they encourage each other, they develop each other. Chad Johnson would disrupt all of that by his actions, his demeanor, and it would be detrimental.

For what it's worth, I'd rather build a team with integrity, then build it with a flash in the pan trouble maker.

August 13th, 2012, 10:07 am
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
CJ and Burleson are two leaders who have done much to create a receiving corps that is SELFLESS, and willing to work as a team. They feed off each other, they encourage each other, they develop each other. Chad Johnson would disrupt all of that by his actions, his demeanor, and it would be detrimental.

For what it's worth, I'd rather build a team with integrity, then build it with a flash in the pan trouble maker.
How much 'trouble' has Chad been in? AFAIK this is his first off-field incident. For the record, I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look-see, but I don't think we need another WR at this point.

August 13th, 2012, 10:14 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

How much 'trouble' has Chad been in? AFAIK this is his first off-field incident. For the record, I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look-see, but I don't think we need another WR at this point.

especially for a player that is pretty much washed up at this point. he doesn't have "it" anymore and hasn't for a couple of years now.

August 13th, 2012, 10:43 am
All State

Absolutely not worth it. Miami brought him in because after they trade Marshall they don't have a WR that would be any better then a No. 3 on any other team. Ocho is old, getting washed up, and isn't smart enough to learn a new offense. Especially at this time of year. With Young's development and the potential of Broyles the Lions have no need for Ocho. Stovall might be fine as a No. 5 this year and next year Nate may very well be the No. 4 or on the outside looking in.

August 13th, 2012, 11:17 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Anon3 wrote:

He still can't hold Titus' Jock.

What does he bring to this team that we dont already have other than a bad attitude (for a receiver).

August 13th, 2012, 11:34 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
Anon3 wrote:

He still can't hold Titus' Jock.

What does he bring to this team that we dont already have other than a bad attitude (for a receiver).

I am not a big fan of his, but if this issue turns out to be not his fault I wouldn't care one way or another if the Lions bring him in for a look. If the Lions carry six receivers, he could be one of those depth guys. He would end up being signed for the vet minimum, and that would be a deal. I have not been impressed with the receivers on the Lions beyond the "Big Three", and nobody showed me anything special against Cleveland.

All that said, I fully expect the Lions to move on with who they have and leave Chad Johnson to be signed by someone else.

August 13th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Our 5th (and possibly 6th) receiver would have to play ST. I don't see 85 doing that.

On a related note, what's BMW up to these days? :D

August 13th, 2012, 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next