View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PUP List 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: PUP List
conversion02 wrote:
I have a feeling titus young is going to be a beast this year. I'm talking 65 grabs for just over 1000 yards.

It's been said multiple times that he's been unstoppable in camp, so I wouldn't be surprised.

July 29th, 2012, 5:28 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I have a feeling titus young is going to be a beast this year. I'm talking 65 grabs for just over 1000 yards.

It's been said multiple times that he's been unstoppable in camp, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree. Every report is that Titus has been amazing. Apparently hes catching everything thrown his way. Might affect Calvins numbers this year, but positively affect the offense.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 29th, 2012, 6:31 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I agree. Every report is that Titus has been amazing. Apparently hes catching everything thrown his way. Might affect Calvins numbers this year, but positively affect the offense.

This is a very good sign. Let's hope that Titus keeps his nose clean throughout camp and that he's put his ego in check. If he can keep this pace, it could allow the Lions to move Nate into the slot more often, where I think he'd be a much better fit for the team.

July 30th, 2012, 9:46 am
Modmin Dude

Shotty wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

With the current stable of CBs, is that really a surprise? :wink: #-o

Joe Fauria, MVP!

July 31st, 2012, 12:53 pm
Modmin Dude

Seifert wrote:
Jahvid Best return: Is it 'when' or 'if?'
August, 15, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

In a matter of hours, we've gone from good news to bad news in the Detroit Lions' backfield. Mikel Leshoure returned to practice Wednesday, but ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that Jahvid Best is likely to be sidelined for at least the first six weeks of the regular season.
Best
Best has yet to be cleared for contact nearly 10 months after suffering a season-ending concussion on Oct. 16, 2011. The Lions thought he would be ready for the start of training camp, and general manager Martin Mayhew said last month that he was "very comfortable" in predicting that Best would eventually be cleared. Now, it seems fair to question whether he will be cleared in time to play this season.

There is obviously much more going on behind the scenes than we know, and concussion recovery doesn't follow the same trajectory as, say, knee injuries or broken arms. But common sense, at least, leads us to wonder about the wisdom of returning from an injury that -- if he remains on the PUP -- will sideline Best from football activities for at least a full calendar year.

The way NFL rules work, the Lions could extend Best's recovery time through Week 12 of the season without having him count against their roster. To do that, however, he would have to begin practicing by Week 9. (He wouldn't be eligible to practice before Week 7.)

There is no way of knowing from our vantage point whether the extra time on the PUP will work to Best's advantage or merely delay the inevitable. But concern should grow every time it appears that his projected return has been pushed back. At this point, anything the Lions get from Best this season should be considered a bonus.
IMO he should prolly be shut down for the entire year.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

August 16th, 2012, 1:35 pm
Modmin Dude

Schefty wrote:
Jahvid Best not cleared to play
Updated: August 15, 2012, 9:40 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best, who has not played since suffering another concussion last October, likely will start this season on the physically unable to perform list and miss at least the first six games, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Doctors still have not cleared Best to play, a surprise to some Lions officials but evidence of how carefully Detroit is bringing him along.

The 23-year-old Best and the Lions have received different opinions from different doctors, but the team does not want to rush him back to action. Best suffered at least two concussions last year, one in the preseason and another against the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 16.

Best also suffered at least one significant concussion during his last college season at California, and some NFL teams took the running back off their draft boards because of concerns about his brain injury.

The Lions also will be without running back Mikel Leshoure, who has been suspended the first two games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Leshoure returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of training camp to recover from a right hamstring injury. He participated during individual drills and then did some conditioning work.

Detroit drafted Leshoure in the second round last year out of Illinois, but he hasn't played a down for the Lions. He missed all of his rookie season last year with a torn left Achilles tendon.

Leshoure isn't expected to play in Friday night's preseason game at Baltimore, and it's unclear what his timetable might be to participate fully in practice.

"He's been running on the side. He's been making good progress," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "Last week he was able to run a little bit, and it got a little bit sore on him after that, delayed us a couple days. But it's all just part of it."

Leshoure feels he can hit the ground running soon enough.

"It's probably one of the easiest positions to transfer from college to the NFL, because it's just running the ball," he said. "Protection is probably the hardest thing a running back needs to learn, but I've been here for a whole year and I've been learning since last year."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... t-pup-list

Joe Fauria, MVP!

August 16th, 2012, 1:47 pm
Team MVP

TheRealWags wrote:
Seifert wrote:
August, 15, 2012

In a matter of hours, we've gone from good news to bad news in the Detroit Lions' backfield. Mikel Leshoure returned to practice Wednesday, but ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that Jahvid Best is likely to be sidelined for at least the first six weeks of the regular season.
Best
Best has yet to be cleared for contact nearly 10 months after suffering a season-ending concussion on Oct. 16, 2011. The Lions thought he would be ready for the start of training camp, and general manager Martin Mayhew said last month that he was "very comfortable" in predicting that Best would eventually be cleared. Now, it seems fair to question whether he will be cleared in time to play this season.

There is obviously much more going on behind the scenes than we know, and concussion recovery doesn't follow the same trajectory as, say, knee injuries or broken arms. But common sense, at least, leads us to wonder about the wisdom of returning from an injury that -- if he remains on the PUP -- will sideline Best from football activities for at least a full calendar year.

The way NFL rules work, the Lions could extend Best's recovery time through Week 12 of the season without having him count against their roster. To do that, however, he would have to begin practicing by Week 9. (He wouldn't be eligible to practice before Week 7.)

There is no way of knowing from our vantage point whether the extra time on the PUP will work to Best's advantage or merely delay the inevitable. But concern should grow every time it appears that his projected return has been pushed back. At this point, anything the Lions get from Best this season should be considered a bonus.

I say shut it down for good. Man I really hate to say that, but its probably for his own good. SOOO much talent, but why risk it? It would be different if it was his knee or ankle or something, but when it involves your brain, it aint worth it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 16th, 2012, 2:06 pm
RIP Killer

10 months and still not cleared for contact...

One has to wonder if he should be playing at all. That is a LONG time to recover for any injury. It's probably better for him if he does start on the PUP list.

August 16th, 2012, 2:25 pm
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Seifert wrote:
August, 15, 2012

Best

I say shut it down for good. Man I really hate to say that, but its probably for his own good. SOOO much talent, but why risk it? It would be different if it was his knee or ankle or something, but when it involves your brain, it aint worth it.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting him on IR for the year. It would give him almost 1.5 years to recover. It would also take his salary off the cap. He could still work out on conditioning drills and be supervised the whole time. And we would still have his rights if he is cleared to play next year.

August 16th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2