View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Ravens (preseason game 2) 
RIP Killer

Post GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Ravens (preseason game 2)
Game two of the preseason is tonight in Baltimore. Post your thoughts pre and post game in this thread.

GO LIONS!

August 17th, 2012, 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Ravens (preseason game 2)
I personally am hoping they limit the number of carries that Kevin Smith have in this game. With the lack of depth, and Mikel being suspended for the first two games, it is critical that he stays healthy for the beginning of the season. I am also looking forward to watching Titus Young, from the reports he is ripping up training camp .

August 17th, 2012, 9:30 am
RIP Killer

I want to watch this game to see several things:

1. How much pressure our D-line can bring against a pretty good offensive line.
2. How well our starting backers do against a good running attack
3. How well our starting o-line protects Stafford and opens holes
4. If the team can limit penalties again

August 17th, 2012, 9:43 am
Modmin Dude

YAY! I get to watch it live! :cheers: :idea: :arrow:

Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

August 17th, 2012, 9:45 am
Team MVP

Once again I have to DVR it ](*,)

Anyway, like last week my main thing is everyone stays healthy. Thats #1 in my book.

Id like to see our running game be effective and show that it is capable of running when called upon.

I was impressed by the play of Riley Reiff, Willie Young, and Ronnel Lewis, among others, and hope they can build on a strong 1st preseason game.

Also, like mentioned above, Id like to see another full game of constant pressure from the d-line. They did it against a pretty good o-line last week, not theyre facing an arguably better o-line and definitely a better QB.

The secondary will be facing much better WRs, so thatll be a greater challenge.

Even though this is a preseason game, this game will show what the Lions first team O and D are really made of.

As Tim Tebow would say, "I'm excited!".

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 17th, 2012, 10:31 am
Hall of Fame Player

I just want to see the Lions Defensive secondary continue to improve. I especially want to see Bentley prove that last week wasn't just a fluke. If the Lions are going to have a winning record this year, Our secondary has got to improve dramatically.

August 17th, 2012, 10:52 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

311nic wrote:
I personally am hoping they limit the number of carries that Kevin Smith have in this game. With the lack of depth, and Mikel being suspended for the first two games, it is critical that he stays healthy for the beginning of the season. I am also looking forward to watching Titus Young, from the reports he is ripping up training camp .

Sorry but I hope they play Smith alot. The guy is always hurt. Might as well throw him to the wolves and see if he can take it. Would rather find out now than after the season starts.

August 17th, 2012, 5:33 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

liontrax wrote:
311nic wrote:

Sorry but I hope they play Smith alot. The guy is always hurt. Might as well throw him to the wolves and see if he can take it. Would rather find out now than after the season starts.

HECK NO! Let the kid live for two weeks until Mikel can play at least. if he goes down now who do we start week 1?

Best....not with his scrambled brain.
Leshour? suspended for 2 weeks

Smith is our best shot a RB and we already KNOW he's fragile. lets save him for when we need him eh?

August 17th, 2012, 5:39 pm
QB Coach

Actually I would like to see what Jocque can do against a staunch defense. This could go a long way in helping us identify a running game. Mo Mo didn't help us last year, and Smith as a Scat back should help alleviate the load from LeShoure. Getting Jocque in the mix with his shiftiness and power would show us that he's worth keeping.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 17th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I'm so disappointed we still won't see Mikel playing. I'm just so eager to see what he's capable of. I have a STRONG feeling he'll surprise everyone. If you look at his college highlights, he has every single thing you need to be a top starting runningback. Great burst, great acceleration, elusiveness, strength, size, everything.

August 17th, 2012, 7:26 pm
QB Coach

I was going to go to the game but couldn't find any decent seats for a reasonable price. Can't remember when the Lions will be in my neck of the woods again.

August 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm
Butkus Award Winner

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I was going to go to the game but couldn't find any decent seats for a reasonable price. Can't remember when the Lions will be in my neck of the woods again.

2013-2014 season, 50% chance we play a regular season game @ Baltimore.

August 17th, 2012, 7:53 pm
National Champion

Wow. Jacob Lacey was bad on that first series. I don't think he has any business starting over Bentley or A.Smith. He had no ball skills and was lucky Jacoby Jones dropped that pass.

August 17th, 2012, 8:22 pm
RIP Killer

CJ is such a beast. I still watch this cat and I can't believe how amazing this guy is. He's encroaching that Barry level of WRs

August 17th, 2012, 9:49 pm
RIP Killer

First half observations:

Running game for the Lions is practically non-existant
Secondary is doing a pretty good job. Erik Coleman and John Wendling really did pretty well. Amari Spievey, however, sucks. He needs to be released. His angles on the ball are horrible, and his tackling is something out of a kids game.
I didn't see the d-line produce any pressure. That is pretty disheartening.
Matt Stafford had a pretty good game, but he zeroes in on CJ entirely too much. A couple times he forced the ball to Calvin, when he had other receivers that were open. And he's lucky he didn't throw a pick six.
The offensive line did a good job pass protecting, for the most part. But they are getting absolutely no push in the run game.

And of course, the Lions are committing way too many penalties.
Coverage units are sucking....BIG time!

Other than his fumble near the goal line, Joique Bell looked good once again. If I were coaching this team, I'd have a hard time letting him go in favor of keeping Keiland Williams. Stefon Green doesn't look too bad tonight either.

Riley Reiff and Jason Fox did a pretty good job tonight in their reserve roles. But some of these receivers that are on the bubble aren't playing like it. Dropping passes certainly isn't the thing to do at this point.

Last edited by m2karateman on August 17th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 17th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next