View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Fernando Bryant 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Fernando Bryant
Fernando Bryant is a guy that iam glad the Lions have.

January 4, 2005

ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - Fernando Bryant was saddened by the devastation left behind by the earthquake and tsunami that changed and took lives on the other side of the world.

The Detroit Lions cornerback chose to do something about it.

He stood in front of his teammates last week and asked them to donate money to help the victims of the Dec. 26 catastrophe.

Bryant declined to provide financial details, but said the Lions would make a "five-figures" donation to Direct Relief International, one of more than 50 agencies accepting contributions for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Asia.

"When things like this happen, people always talk about how bad things are, but they rarely act on those thoughts," Bryant said Monday. "When you see a natural disaster which is out of your control kill 150,000 people, you have to do something. Millions are homeless. Parents lost kids and kids lost parents. It's just awful.

"We're sitting over here making great money and our families are safe, so a lot of guys were more than willing to help out."

Bryant, 27, a native of Murfreesboro, Tenn., said he will also send packages of clothing from Reebok, which has a sponsorship agreement with the six-year veteran.

January 7th, 2005, 12:11 pm
Site Admin

Well he season wasn't stellar but he seems to be a stellar human being which in the long run is far more rewarding.

January 7th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Well he season wasn't stellar but he seems to be a stellar human being which in the long run is far more rewarding.

Yeah his season could have been better. But the guy acts how all pro football players should act.

A guy I had a lot of respect for was Luther Ellis I thought he was a real giving guy. I hated when he left.

January 7th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Modmin Dude

8)

January 7th, 2005, 2:40 pm
All State

that shows a lot of leadership for a guy who has been on the team for less than a year. i would have expected something like this from dre bly, so i am impressed with bryant after hearing this. i'd like to see bly and bryant out of the field more together before i judge fernando too harshly. i must admit, going into the season, i though the lions cornerbacks would be steller.

January 7th, 2005, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

its not the CBs we have to worry about its the SS and FS :oops:

January 7th, 2005, 3:33 pm
All State

its not the CBs we have to worry about its the SS and FS :oops:

no doubt about that wags. when the safety situation is addressed i will be feeling much better about things for next season.

January 7th, 2005, 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

no doubt about that wags. when the safety situation is addressed i will be feeling much better about things for next season
you and me both spiderman. I honestly think that if we were to get 2 good safeties, then our D would be in the top 10. Well, safeties and being more agressive 8)

January 7th, 2005, 3:53 pm
Site Admin

being more agressive 8)

That was a huge issue this year...we need to have more people get on the line and pressure the QB...our dline was great for the most part but we could create a lot more turnovers and hold on to better field position if we did that. Its about making plays and that only happens when you gamble a bit.

January 7th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He obviously is a very classy guy, and we haven't had an obviously moral player since Luther got shafted with his injury(Maybe Ray Brown). He also is very good, but he has been injured and hasn't had much time with one of the best corners in the league, Dr. Dre. Hopefully, they will both heal up. One of biggest weaknesses of late could become a strength.

January 7th, 2005, 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Positions and season aside, this is a classy guy and a classy move.

January 10th, 2005, 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]