View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Late Season Trades & Pickups 
Varsity Captain

Post Late Season Trades & Pickups
The Tigers have been playing F-around with the lineup in the outfield ever since Dirks came back. Berry on the pine with Young in LF? Unless the ball is hit right at Young, it's a basehit.
Who the hell is this Baker dude? He sucks as bad as Bosch but with less power.

I would be alright with Quentin Berry in left, Austin Jackson in center and Andy Dirks in right.
That leaves us with little power in the outfield but alot more speed.

Other options:
OF Jacoby Ellsbury was cut yesterday. He is having leg problems right now but is hitting .270+ while not being 100%. Hit .320+ last year.

OF Shin Soo Choo: Every Tiger fan should remember Choo. Every time we play Cleveland Choo finds a way to hurt us and it usually his hitting. Cleveland has tried to extend him multiple times. Now they are entertaining offers for him.
He's older than all of our OF's but still has it. We're not looking long term here.

RP Juan Cruz: Relief pitcher cut by the Pirates. Why I don't know, the Pirates need all the help they can get, poor Andrew! Juan's numbers? 1-1 2.78 in 43 outings. Coke's replacement.

There's more out there. We can dangle Bosech, Young, Coke, Raburn and my surprise pick Johnny Peralta.

If your willing to trade Turner and Rob Brantley(top catching prospect) for Sanchez and Infante, these possible trades shouldn't even fluster you.

August 25th, 2012, 1:34 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Late Season Trades & Pickups
Boz wrote:
The Tigers have been playing F-around with the lineup in the outfield ever since Dirks came back. Berry on the pine with Young in LF? Unless the ball is hit right at Young, it's a basehit.
Who the hell is this Baker dude? He sucks as bad as Bosch but with less power.

I would be alright with Quentin Berry in left, Austin Jackson in center and Andy Dirks in right.
That leaves us with little power in the outfield but alot more speed.

Other options:
OF Jacoby Ellsbury was cut yesterday. He is having leg problems right now but is hitting .270+ while not being 100%. Hit .320+ last year.

OF Shin Soo Choo: Every Tiger fan should remember Choo. Every time we play Cleveland Choo finds a way to hurt us and it usually his hitting. Cleveland has tried to extend him multiple times. Now they are entertaining offers for him.
He's older than all of our OF's but still has it. We're not looking long term here.

RP Juan Cruz: Relief pitcher cut by the Pirates. Why I don't know, the Pirates need all the help they can get, poor Andrew! Juan's numbers? 1-1 2.78 in 43 outings. Coke's replacement.

There's more out there. We can dangle Bosech, Young, Coke, Raburn and my surprise pick Johnny Peralta.

If your willing to trade Turner and Rob Brantley(top catching prospect) for Sanchez and Infante, these possible trades shouldn't even fluster you.

the tigers arent a team they are a bunch of bums being carried by a few superstars. it doesnt matter much what the lineup is bc 5-9 they wont hit no matter what order and the way they are constructed almost always have to have poor defensive players in the field.

ellsbury wasnt cut, he was put on trade waivers

August 25th, 2012, 4:23 pm
Varsity Captain

Help me! What's the differance? Seriously!

August 26th, 2012, 9:14 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

whoever claims someone off trade waivers can then trade for that player if teams agree on trade. if no trade is agreed upon then the current team, ie red sox in this example, can pull the player back. after that point they would no longer be able to trade that player. they could also allow the player to go to the claiming team which would then assume the contract in full. if the player made it through waivers unclaimed then a trade could be negotiated with any team interested in the player.

August 26th, 2012, 9:41 am
Varsity Captain

Thank you. In all my years I have never been able to figure out player movement after the deadline. Kinda like Boston dumping what $250+ million in payroll in 1 day. Awesome! Thanks again,guess you just have to ask the right person.

August 26th, 2012, 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]