View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Raiders (preseason game 3) 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Raiders (preseason game 3)
The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Shaun Hill looks awful.

Any game Stafford doesn't play in is likely an automatic loss.

Well, in fairness to Hill, he hasn't taken too many reps with the number ones in quite some time. Developing the timing with those players doesn't happen immediately. Remember, he didn't really play last season and I don't think he's gotten time with the first team offense this pre-season. I think you need to step away from the ledge.

hill does actually take a fair shair of reps with the no 1 s at practice or at least he did at the two practices i attended. i agree that he didnt look very good in this one especially early on. kind of looked like he wasnt into the game until ther 3rd quarter and i noticed the same thing vs baltimore. i wouldnt go so far as to say its an automatic loss without him but im not as comfortable with hill as i was coming into the preseason

Isn't this sort of the backup's job anyway? Come in cold and make a few plays? It didn't look like he could complete the easiest passes.

August 26th, 2012, 11:57 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Folks, who are some of the backup QBs you'd rather have than Hill? I'd choose Hill over pretty much any other backup in the league.

August 26th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Heisman Winner

Sloppy game. I thought they protected Stafford fairly well with the exception of the Leshoure wiff. You had the sense early in the game they could have thrown at will if they opened it up some. They seemed determined to establish the run though.

Run blocking was atrocious. I felt Leshoure did a decent job of starting/stopping on that surgically repaired achilles to avoid the defense in the backfield at times. You guys gotta realize that there's a mental side to these type of injuries. The last thing you want to do is injure it again and it takes time to gain the confidence back to go balls out again. Give him a chance.

Hill was disappointing. He seemed to have some happy feet and rushed his throws frequently which made them errant. I expected a little more from a vet.

Willy Young continued to look like a playmaking machine. One of the few bright spots I felt.

August 26th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Do you guys think the defense can step up next week after getting a wake-up call in a bad game, like the special teams did?

August 26th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Varsity Captain

We have tons of talent on D, if they can't perform without encouragement then it's time for Martin to start trading for picks (the older guys).

I think they can perform at a high level if they ALL act like rich adults that could lose their riches.

August 26th, 2012, 2:35 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Boz wrote:
We have tons of talent on D, if they can't perform without encouragement then it's time for Martin to start trading for picks (the older guys).

I think they can perform at a high level if they ALL act like rich adults that could lose their riches.

If that did happen, I hope it starts with Levy. The guy can't tackle. Chris Houston isn't suited to defend #1 receivers, and would be outstanding as a #2 CB. If he can't switch sides and play at a relatively high level, he should be traded.

I know one thing for sure, I've seen them perform to their full ability and they showed that they were a damn good defense in those 2nd halfs of the Vikings and Panthers comebacks and against the Chargers. IMO, it can be a top 10 defense when playing like it did in that San Diego game. Limited penalties and everyone completing their assignments.

August 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm
Varsity Captain

Shotty, if you could figure that out you would probably get 10 Ford dealerships or $100 dollars, which every is worth the most....enjoy!

August 26th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I might be somewhat guilty of it myself, but I think a lot of you guys are reading way too much into the preseason (trade Houston? really? Who's gonna play CB??).

Preseaon NFL is like playing poker without money. Completely different game.

August 26th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Varsity Captain

There is absolutely no way we could trade Houston unless we get a guy that can kick 80yd FGs....lmao

I'll raise you a guard and a tackle.

August 26th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Varsity Captain

Jets are looking for a journeyman OT and the Steelers are looking for a journeyman guard. What do you think we could get for Gos and Peterman?

August 26th, 2012, 4:03 pm
National Champion

Boz wrote:
There is absolutely no way we could trade Houston unless we get a guy that can kick 80yd FGs....lmao

I'll raise you a guard and a tackle.

Wait... Chris Houston kicks feild goals now? Good to know.

Last edited by Hystrix on August 26th, 2012, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Blueskies wrote:
I might be somewhat guilty of it myself, but I think a lot of you guys are reading way too much into the preseason (trade Houston? really? Who's gonna play CB??).

Preseaon NFL is like playing poker without money. Completely different game.

I didn't insist on him being cut right now, but if we get a CB who's much better than him and he can't play RCB at a level around where he plays LCB, we don't need him. We would use that $2 million on a CB who could play RCB or nickel. Levy should not be resigned. He should be a backup at best. The only things I like about him is he is pretty good when pass rushing and plays exceptional zone coverage.

August 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Boz wrote:
Jets are looking for a journeyman OT and the Steelers are looking for a journeyman guard. What do you think we could get for Gos and Peterman?

I think, for Cherilus, we could get Kyle Wilson and maybe a 2nd round pick at most, probably a 3rd-5th round pick though, and for Peterman, I'd think they would give us 3rd round pick. Both of them don't value draft picks much.

August 26th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

liontrax wrote:
Can't believe so many ready to trash Leshoure after one game. Give the kid a chance. He's basically a rookie, and at worst, will still be an upgrade over K. Smith.

I "trashed" him because he played like trash on the field and was a piece of trash off the field. He has only hurt the team since we drafted him. I really want him to pull it together and give us a run game but he has given us no reason to believe he can YET. And thanks for that break down on his injury, Legend.

August 26th, 2012, 6:09 pm
Walk On

Shotty wrote:
Boz wrote:

I think, for Cherilus, we could get Kyle Wilson and maybe a 2nd round pick at most, probably a 3rd-5th round pick though, and for Peterman, I'd think they would give us 3rd round pick. Both of them don't value draft picks much.

Those would be astonishing deals. A 2nd round pick for an average RT? A 3rd for an average at best RG? You're probably 2 rounds too high on both.

August 26th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next