View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Raiders (preseason game 3) 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs Raiders (preseason game 3)
I.E. wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Boz wrote:
Jets are looking for a journeyman OT and the Steelers are looking for a journeyman guard. What do you think we could get for Gos and Peterman?

I think, for Cherilus, we could get Kyle Wilson and maybe a 2nd round pick at most, probably a 3rd-5th round pick though, and for Peterman, I'd think they would give us 3rd round pick. Both of them don't value draft picks much.

Those would be astonishing deals. A 2nd round pick for an average RT? A 3rd for an average at best RG? You're probably 2 rounds too high on both.

Rex is trying to save his job and Mike Tomlin has shown in the past that he doesn't value the draft too much. As I said, the Jets will probably give Wilson and a 4th for Cherilus, but I'm sticking with the Steelers giving a 3rd for Peterman.

August 26th, 2012, 6:23 pm
RIP Killer

We got rob sims for what, a 6th? Sims >>> peterman

You're on crack if you think a 3rd for peterman will ever happen.

August 26th, 2012, 9:04 pm
National Champion

Agreed. If we traded either of those guys we don't get higher than a 4th at the most, and that'd be us screwing (or Mayhewing) the other team.

August 26th, 2012, 9:15 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Yeah, you're talking 5/6th round picks best case scenario.

Not worth it. Peterman/Goz are not good players and the Lions will likely replace them in the next season or two. But you can't shove them out the door now, you'd get Stafford killed.

August 26th, 2012, 9:22 pm
Veteran General Manager

Blueskies wrote:
Shaun Hill looks awful.

Any game Stafford doesn't play in is likely an automatic loss.

My thoughts also.

August 26th, 2012, 10:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Shaun Hill looks awful.

Any game Stafford doesn't play in is likely an automatic loss.

My thoughts also.

Definitely. We're not like the Bears where our defense is consistent enough to keep us in games with mediocre QB play. We will rise and fall with the offense.

August 26th, 2012, 10:51 pm
RIP Killer

couple things.....

I love how after watching Hill for just two quarters, you guys are ready to declare the Lions DOA if he has to play. Wow. I wish I was as good an NFL scout as the rest of you.

Secondly, the idea of trading Peterman or Gos, and the comparison to us getting Sims is not on par with each other. Both Peterman and Cherilus are set to be starters this year. Sims was going to be released from the Seahawks, which is why we got him so cheap. What would reduce the price tag on Cherilus and Peterman is their contracts. Still, I think Peterman could bring around a 5th rounder, and Cherilus probably a 4th to a team that is desperate.

Cherilus for Kyle Wilson and a late round conditional pick would be cool for me from the Jets.

As for Peterman being traded...who replaces him? Sorry to say, but he is our second best guard. I wouldn't want to trade him unless we KNEW there was something better waiting in the wings. And then, if we did trade to Pittsburgh, I'd want probably one of their backs, like Jonathan Dwyer and something else in return.

August 27th, 2012, 9:34 am
Modmin Dude

m2karateman wrote:
couple things.....

I love how after watching Hill for just two quarters, you guys are ready to declare the Lions DOA if he has to play. Wow. I wish I was as good an NFL scout as the rest of you.
C'mon man, you KNOW we have several top-flight, unemployed GMs here, just ask around :wink: :lol:

August 27th, 2012, 10:32 am
Modmin Dude

As if there was any doubt...
ESPN wrote:
Matthew Stafford expects to play
Updated: August 27, 2012, 9:33 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford broke a blood vessel in his left hand but still expects to be ready for his team's regular-season opener against the St. Louis Rams, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Stafford threw for 68 yards until leaving with an injury to his non-throwing hand in Detroit's 31-20 loss to the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. The 2009 No. 1 overall pick sat on the sideline following the helmet-to-hand hit in the second quarter.

"It was just scary to look down and see your hand swelling up by the second," Stafford said Saturday. "That kind of freaked me out. The skin kind of just grew by the second. I didn't know what was going on."

Defensive end Dave Tollefson drove Stafford to the ground after an incomplete pass and his helmet collided with Stafford's left hand. Team trainers wrapped Stafford's hand in heavy bandages and a brace on the sideline. X-rays were negative.

Stafford is hoping to build on his big 2011 season when he threw for 5,038 yards and 41 touchdowns. Last season was also the first time he has played in all 16 games as injuries cut his first two NFL seasons short.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... ource-says

August 27th, 2012, 10:33 am
QB Coach

Has there not been any word on Bentley? I see everyone talking on Stafford, and Houston jacked his ankle or something, but I haven't heard squat on Bentley. Also, what's with K Smith getting hurt again, does he need to man up at some point? Seems as if his ankles are always spraining, which is too bad, because it sounds as if he has the heart but not the parts.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 27th, 2012, 11:36 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Has there not been any word on Bentley? I see everyone talking on Stafford, and Houston jacked his ankle or something, but I haven't heard squat on Bentley. Also, what's with K Smith getting hurt again, does he need to man up at some point? Seems as if his ankles are always spraining, which is too bad, because it sounds as if he has the heart but not the parts.

Smith is supposed to be ok--not a serious sprain. You're right about Bentley though--nobody has said anything.

August 27th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Veteran General Manager

TheRealWags wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
couple things.....

C'mon man, you KNOW we have several top-flight, unemployed GMs here, just ask around :wink: :lol:

Well, I never said we would be DOA.
I said he looked awful. I expect we will lose at least the first game or two if he has to start for us for a few games. He was completely out of sync with everyone else on the field.

August 27th, 2012, 1:20 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
couple things.....

Secondly, the idea of trading Peterman or Gos, and the comparison to us getting Sims is not on par with each other. Both Peterman and Cherilus are set to be starters this year. Sims was going to be released from the Seahawks, which is why we got him so cheap. What would reduce the price tag on Cherilus and Peterman is their contracts. Still, I think Peterman could bring around a 5th rounder, and Cherilus probably a 4th to a team that is desperate.

Cherilus for Kyle Wilson and a late round conditional pick would be cool for me from the Jets.

As for Peterman being traded...who replaces him? Sorry to say, but he is our second best guard. I wouldn't want to trade him unless we KNEW there was something better waiting in the wings. And then, if we did trade to Pittsburgh, I'd want probably one of their backs, like Jonathan Dwyer and something else in return.

i thought hill looked like he didnt care at all vs baltimore a week ago and in the first half of this game, though he picked it up in the 3rd qtr. this isnt to say i think we re DOA if he has to play in a game just that i didnt care for his performance in those two games. the guy is still a good backup in my opinion, just didnt like how he approached the preseason games.

teams have really tightened there grip on there draft picks due to the salary cap and expensive cost of veterans. i think a 4th/5th rder for either peterman or cherilus is pretty optimistic and probably represents the best possible value you could get for them. No way you get a 1st day pick for them. cherilus for kyle wilson i think would be a great deal for the lions but they have to be confident in either reiff or hilliard filling in. cherilus is better than both right now. as you said, we cant really trade peterman bc there arent any viable backup interior lineman on the roster.

no interest in dwyer, he isnt anything special and pittsburgh needs him w all the injuries they have. i d go for kahlil bell over him and he wouldnt require a trade.

August 27th, 2012, 2:56 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

personally i dont think Cheerios is that far ahead of Reiff. Reiff is still inconsistant, but so is Churilus...

August 27th, 2012, 3:05 pm
League MVP

reiff is somewhat unreliable as a pass protector at this point, i think hilliard would get the nod over reiff if there was an immediate opening

August 27th, 2012, 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next