View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 2012 Big Ten 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post 2012 Big Ten
I am surprised nothing has been said about the upcoming season with College football. I've been waiting to see what y'all had to say, especially those homers who have better access to news, but I still haven't seen anything.

What are your thoughts on Mich. and Bama? I think Bama takes it, but I'm hoping for a strong showing by Michigan. I'm curious as to how our defense is going to perform with the loss of so many.

OSU should be interesting under Meyer

MSU should be interesting as they have a new freshmen signal caller and they lost a lot of players to graduation.

I've heard U of M to take the Big 10, but that's premature I think, Iowa is still fairly strong, as is Wisconsin, and possibly Nebraska.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 20th, 2012, 5:23 pm
League MVP

Post Re: 2012 Big Ten
no buck nut to pick on anymore, there's yer lack of conversation over here nowadays.

August 20th, 2012, 5:49 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I am surprised nothing has been said about the upcoming season with College football. I've been waiting to see what y'all had to say, especially those homers who have better access to news, but I still haven't seen anything.

What are your thoughts on Mich. and Bama? I think Bama takes it, but I'm hoping for a strong showing by Michigan. I'm curious as to how our defense is going to perform with the loss of so many.

MSU should be interesting as they have a new freshmen signal caller and they lost a lot of players to graduation.

I've heard U of M to take the Big 10, but that's premature I think, Iowa is still fairly strong, as is Wisconsin, and possibly Nebraska.

I'm not following, are you saying Michigan and Alabama are the top 2 teams in the country? If so, you are certainly overlooking USC, LSU, FSU, and a handful of other teams I would put over Michigan.

As for MSU, one of the best defenses in the country make them a contender. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat UofM for a 5th straight time (makes me so happy just to even type that).

Wisconsin will be in the mix again, followed by OSU and Nebraska.

August 20th, 2012, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I'm not following, are you saying Michigan and Alabama are the top 2 teams in the country? If so, you are certainly overlooking USC, LSU, FSU, and a handful of other teams I would put over Michigan.

As for MSU, one of the best defenses in the country make them a contender. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat UofM for a 5th straight time (makes me so happy just to even type that).

Michigan's first game is against Alabama. If you would pull your head out of Sparty's butt for a minute, you would know that. LOL.

August 20th, 2012, 8:18 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Michigan's first game is against Alabama. If you would pull your head out of Sparty's butt for a minute, you would know that. LOL.

I don't pay attention to Michigan's schedule, do you know who State opens against?

August 21st, 2012, 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I don't pay attention to Michigan's schedule, do you know who State opens against?

Boise State.

I confess, I cheated and looked it up. LOL.

But, I was just kidding with you.

August 21st, 2012, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:

FYI - Andrew Maxwell is slated to be the Spartans signal caller - he backed up Cousins for two year at State!

August 21st, 2012, 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

I haven't paid much attention to Maxwell since he arrived at MSU but did see him play all his home games during his senior year at good ol Midland High, Midland, MI. Went to school there and returned to live down the road from from the school.

I was never as impressed with him as the coaches but I guess that's why I pay to see the games. Every Friday night he would show something. Pocket presence, accuracy, arm strength or good footwork and running. Just rarely used it all in a game. Apparently the coaches at Midland State(lol) finally worked out the right mix of plant juice and aminal vacceinces......lmao

J/K........Wish Andrew all the best this year as well as the Sparty faithfull..........That is while your playing anyboady but the "Awesome Wolverines of the University of Meeeeeeeeeeeeechigan."

Good Luck to all ballplayers from PeeWee/Rocket all the way to the pro's. Have a great season, play hard, play safe, play fair

August 22nd, 2012, 1:16 am
Pro Bowl Player

Michigan is playing Bama to open the season in Dallas at Cowboys stadium. You really didn't know that Pablo?

I think Michigan will likely get beat bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out.

Win or lose though, Bama will likely be forced to vacate the win 5-10 years from now. #1 recruiting class for four of the last five years? Are you kidding me? Someone is getting paid.

August 27th, 2012, 9:04 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
Michigan is playing Bama to open the season in Dallas at Cowboys stadium. You really didn't know that Pablo?

I think Michigan will likely get beat bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out.

Win or lose though, Bama will likely be forced to vacate the win 5-10 years from now. #1 recruiting class for four of the last five years? Are you kidding me? Someone is getting paid.

OK, so maybe I did know! :wink:

I do live in Dallas and am a Michigan fan.

As for the game, I think the Bama OL dominates UofM at the line of scrimmage and will run all over the Wolverines. Of course, I'd love to see the Brady Bunch crush Saban and co.

Go Blue!

August 28th, 2012, 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Offense

According to a report I read today from the freep.com Hoke went with a Hvy package on d line. They've started their 300 pounders to offset the bama avg of 314. Not sure how it will work, Michigan is to young to run with Big programs yet, BUT Robinson may be the x factor, and if Touissant does start that could help too!

We'll just have to see.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 28th, 2012, 3:46 pm
I went to the Kickoff Bust yesterday, heard Coach and the Press talk. Allegedly there's no way in hell Fitz plays, but Will Campbell has lost 50 lbs (he was about 370), and "looks like a new man," has re-dedicated himself to football, and has been a beast in practice.

I'm excited to see him. We also have a big bodied freshman TE that's looking nice, and allegedly Devon Garner will not take another snap for UofM at Qb, he's being moved to WR, and he's expected to be starting by week 6.

August 28th, 2012, 5:28 pm
RIP Killer

Well MSU didn't impress me at all on Friday. Maxwell was a terrible decision maker under pressure and States WR group looked pathetic. The whole passing game needs to make huge strides before the Big Ten opens.

As for Michigan, I had a feeling Alabama would dominate along the OL but that was painful. I only watched until early in the 2nd quarter as that was ugly.

Lots of work for both schools.

September 4th, 2012, 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]