View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 50  Next
 Lions Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions Predictions
MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions third best team in NFC North, not a playoff team, three NFL.com writers say

The Detroit Lions will spend their season looking up at the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears, according to three-fourths of the writers previewing the team for NFL.com.

Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Adam Schein and Steve Wyche all gave their Lions predictions Monday. None of them have Detroit winning 10 games, and only one has them returning to the playoffs.

Brooks (8-8, third in NFC North): "After making the postseason for the first time in more than a decade, the Lions must deal with pressure and expectations that come along with being a favorite. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson are ready for the challenge, but a suspect secondary could keep the defense from rising to the occasion."

Jeremiah (9-7, tied for second): "Can they take that next step? The Lions broke through the playoff barrier last season but they were out-classed by the Saints once they got there. Their division is brutally tough, but I still like their chances to return to the postseason."

Schein (8-8, third): "I love the passing attack, but I am very concerned about the run game, the offensive line, and the back end of the defense."

Wyche (9-7, third): "Suspect running game and holes in the secondary will put a dent in the spectacular passing attack, featuring Matt Stafford and Megatron."

All four writers have the Packers winning the division, three of them at 12-4.

And only Jeremiah has the Bears winning fewer than 10 games, tying the Lions for second in the division at 9-7. Brooks even has Chicago at 11-5.

NFL.com also highlighted three key games the Lions' season as well: Week 11 vs. Green Bay, Week 16 vs. Atlanta and Week 17 vs. Chicago.

August 28th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions third best team in NFC North, not a playoff team, three NFL.com writers say

The Detroit Lions will spend their season looking up at the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears, according to three-fourths of the writers previewing the team for NFL.com.

Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Adam Schein and Steve Wyche all gave their Lions predictions Monday. None of them have Detroit winning 10 games, and only one has them returning to the playoffs.

Brooks (8-8, third in NFC North): "After making the postseason for the first time in more than a decade, the Lions must deal with pressure and expectations that come along with being a favorite. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson are ready for the challenge, but a suspect secondary could keep the defense from rising to the occasion."

Jeremiah (9-7, tied for second): "Can they take that next step? The Lions broke through the playoff barrier last season but they were out-classed by the Saints once they got there. Their division is brutally tough, but I still like their chances to return to the postseason."

Schein (8-8, third): "I love the passing attack, but I am very concerned about the run game, the offensive line, and the back end of the defense."

Wyche (9-7, third): "Suspect running game and holes in the secondary will put a dent in the spectacular passing attack, featuring Matt Stafford and Megatron."

All four writers have the Packers winning the division, three of them at 12-4.

And only Jeremiah has the Bears winning fewer than 10 games, tying the Lions for second in the division at 9-7. Brooks even has Chicago at 11-5.

NFL.com also highlighted three key games the Lions' season as well: Week 11 vs. Green Bay, Week 16 vs. Atlanta and Week 17 vs. Chicago.

I agree with them completely, which is why I thought we needed to get two STARTERS out of our first and second round picks, rather than two DEPTH players. I'm pissed at our off-season. We could have had a solid team and made a real run. Bush, Porter and a good first round pick would have really solidified this team.

August 28th, 2012, 1:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I agree with them completely, which is why I thought we needed to get two STARTERS out of our first and second round picks, rather than two DEPTH players. I'm pissed at our off-season. We could have had a solid team and made a real run. Bush, Porter and a good first round pick would have really solidified this team.

Like DeCastro? :-"

August 28th, 2012, 2:50 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Absolutely... Be a Monday morning Qb if you think it's wise or fair, show me someone that was afraid of him for injury reason prior to the draft.

And, he struggled in Pitt against good competition on their OL and DL, and their 3-4 D confused him, but I think he would have out played Peterman from day 1.

August 28th, 2012, 5:34 pm
RIP Killer

Wow...pot, meet kettle ](*,)

August 28th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Absolutely... Be a Monday morning Qb if you think it's wise or fair,

August 28th, 2012, 11:20 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Absolutely... Be a Monday morning Qb if you think it's wise or fair, show me someone that was afraid of him for injury reason prior to the draft.

And, he struggled in Pitt against good competition on their OL and DL, and their 3-4 D confused him, but I think he would have out played Peterman from day 1.

You have to ask yourself this question....would DeCastro have been an upgrade over Peterman? The answer is yes. I realize he got injured in PITTSBURGH, that doesn't mean he would have gotten injured here.

Also, he was scheduled to be the starter on the offensive line for the Steelers. Only the fourth rookie offensive lineman to be an opening day starter in the history of that storied franchise.

I'd say that's a pretty strong statement as to just how good he is.

I wanted the Lions to get an offensive tackle as well, because we all know that Backus needs to be replaced. But Backus isn't the weak link on that line this year. That goes to either Peterman or Raiola. Peterman wasn't impressive in pre-season games, at all. His pass blocking is inconsistent, and his run blocking is non-existant.

August 29th, 2012, 8:46 am
League MVP

reiff>decastro, lions made the right pick at a position that would have otherwise been a big need soon

August 29th, 2012, 10:05 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
reiff>decastro, lions made the right pick at a position that would have otherwise been a big need soon

Guard and center aren't going to be big needs soon? DeCastro can play either.

The difference is, who would have started sooner. DeCastro would have won the job over Peterman, no doubt in my mind.

However, it's useless to argue about it at this point. Reiff likely won't see the field this season unless there's an injury, and DeCastro won't play because of his injury. It's a moot point.

August 29th, 2012, 10:11 am
Modmin Dude

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

The difference is, who would have started sooner. DeCastro would have won the job over Peterman, no doubt in my mind.

However, it's useless to argue about it at this point. Reiff likely won't see the field this season unless there's an injury, and DeCastro won't play because of his injury. It's a moot point.
I have a feeling he'll be starting by the bye, then again it could just be indigestion... :shock: :mrgreen:

August 29th, 2012, 10:21 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I have a feeling he'll be starting by the bye, then again it could just be indigestion... :shock: :mrgreen:

That's week six. And starting where? RT or LT?

August 29th, 2012, 10:46 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I agree that it's a little too early to say Reiff won't see the field this year. I wouldn't target the bye week as a specific target date but a lot can happen between now and January. And it's waaaaaay too early to talk about whether Reiff or DeCastro was the better pick. Let's have that talk in a few years.

August 29th, 2012, 10:49 am
Modmin Dude

m2karateman wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Why does it have to be tackle? He could possibly start at LG or RG as well

August 29th, 2012, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Why does it have to be tackle? He could possibly start at LG or RG as well

OK, where ever. Do you honestly think Reiff is going to replace someone? Or are you predicting an injury?

August 29th, 2012, 9:22 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

the difference is that backus is older than peterman and its harder and generally much more expensive to find a left tackle than a guard or center.

August 29th, 2012, 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 50  Next