View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bills (preseason game 4) 
National Champion

Post GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bills (preseason game 4)
Go LIONS!

Does anyone know a stream site for this game?

August 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bills (preseason game 4)
LeShoure is looking much better today. Looks like the power back we were hoping for. Our line just cant get many holes, but when there are some hes hitting them pretty good.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 30th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The 33 yard screen play shows what he can do in the open field, and the 2yd TD showed how he can push the pile against a pretty decent Buffalo DL. Just like in his college tape, when he makes contact, he falls forward.

August 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Our ST has looked fantastic since the Raiders game. I don't think it's allowed a return to the 20 in the last 2 games.

Mikel Leshoue had a slow start but has had a big screen play and some very nice runs, looking like Marshawn Lynch.

1st team defense looked completely lost

August 30th, 2012, 7:41 pm

In all fairness, 1st defense was Suh, Avril and Levy, rest backups.

Jonte Green with a pick 6. He might be decent if he can get consistent. He's too up and down right now. Miller and Lacy started tonight, so I'd expect Smith to be released tomorrow.

August 30th, 2012, 7:51 pm
Team MVP

And not to be all about the positives, but Patrick Edwards looks wicked fast. I didnt realize he had that gear.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 30th, 2012, 7:53 pm

kdsberman wrote:
And not to be all about the positives, but Patrick Edwards looks wicked fast. I didnt realize he had that gear.

Yeah he's showing something. And i have to say it again.. Broyles just...gets.....open.

August 30th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

njroar wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Yeah he's showing something. And i have to say it again.. Broyles just...gets.....open.

He wasn't the all-time leading college football receiver for no reason. He was a complete steal. I wouldn't be worried if he had to replace Burleson next season.

August 30th, 2012, 8:28 pm
RIP Killer

Seriously...Sammie Lee Hill needs to move into a starters role. He's outplayed Fairley and Suh tonight, and it hasn't even been close. The guy could start for many teams around the NFL.

LeShoure looked OK, but not all that outstanding. He's still lacking some burst through the open hole, but that should come in time as he continues getting healthier. Even now, after a year past his injury, he's not at 100%.

Kick coverage team looks really good. Erik Coleman played well. So has Ricardo Silva. Amari Spievey....eh...OK.

Jonte Green has to play better. But that pick 6 means the team can't afford to waive him with hopes of putting him on the PS. I was hoping they would. With Houston, Bentley, Miller, Barnes and Lacey as the roster keepers. I think if the Lions keep Green, he bumps Miller off the roster, and that's a shame. I think Miller is a better corner, and should be the kick returner.

Broyles looks really good. So does Patrick Edwards. I like his speed, he just needs to make all the catches. Kellen Moore needs to be more consistent with his throws and reads.

First team defense didn't impress me with their effort against the run. Fairley and Suh were getting owned in that first Buffalo drive.

Willie Young wasn't getting pressure tonight. But neither was Avril. Everette Brown....it's a shame the Lions are so deep at DE, because I think he's played well enough to earn a roster spot when he's been in. Some other team running a 43 would be wise to bring him in. I'd be shocked if some other team doesn't pick him up once he gets released.

Rieff and Fox looked good playing the right and left tackles respectively. I like our future if they can stay healthy.

August 30th, 2012, 8:32 pm

I earlier said Smith would probably be cut... but with Silva and Langford getting banged up, he's been playing safety and actually making some plays. With how Spievey has played, I'm curious if they keep Smith at safety. Smith takes much better angles. I doubt it, but just a thought given the depth at Safety.

August 30th, 2012, 9:32 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
I earlier said Smith would probably be cut... but with Silva and Langford getting banged up, he's been playing safety and actually making some plays. With how Spievey has played, I'm curious if they keep Smith at safety. Smith takes much better angles. I doubt it, but just a thought given the depth at Safety.

I agree. He's actually looked pretty good at safety. However, his tackling leaves much to be desired. Still, I think he's better than Spievey right now. He's got cover skills, which is more than what we can say about Spievey.

August 30th, 2012, 9:34 pm
Varsity Captain

Mikey, would be able to trump anyone's offer for him. Don't think they can unless he clears waivers.
They need to keep yhat kid, at least for awile.

August 30th, 2012, 9:36 pm
RIP Killer

Boz wrote:
Mikey, would be able to trump anyone's offer for him. Don't think they can unless he clears waivers.

Ummm....what are you talking about?? :-k

August 30th, 2012, 9:40 pm

m2karateman wrote:
Boz wrote:

Ummm....what are you talking about?? :-k

It's not baseball.. when he's released, he's waived and we can't match. Plus claiming a waived player put them on active roster, which would defeat the process of waiving him to get him on practice squad in the first place.

Also, good effort by Barnes to keep Easley out of endzone on 2pt. Line judge said he was stopped, but was overruled. Replay was close.

August 30th, 2012, 9:45 pm
RIP Killer

I don't care what anyone says...Bells deserves a place on this team...and not just until LeShoure returns or Best returns. If not for his two fumbles, there'd be nothing to complain about. The kid runs with a purpose, and makes good reads. If he was a 4.4 runner, he'd be great back.

August 30th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next