View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Trade Thread 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Trade Thread
I know the Lions put in calls to the Cowboys yesterday for Felix Jones, but Dallas wasn't interested in whatever they were offering.

Nice to see Mayhew trying to fleece the Cowgirls once again. I also think that shows what type of back Detroit is looking for.

August 30th, 2012, 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
I know the Lions put in calls to the Cowboys yesterday for Felix Jones, but Dallas wasn't interested in whatever they were offering.

Nice to see Mayhew trying to fleece the Cowgirls once again. I also think that shows what type of back Detroit is looking for.

I imagine they're quite the scorned lil princesses down there when it comes to us. First Roy, then Nagy...I wonder if J.Jones gets a lil nervous when he hears Mayhew is calling for him? Or if he throws up in his mouth a lil bit? either way I LOVE it!

August 30th, 2012, 1:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I hope the Lions get a back the likes of Felix Jones.

NEVER GIVE UP!

August 30th, 2012, 1:38 pm
RIP Killer

At this point they may as well what to see who shakes loose tomorrow night....

August 30th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Team MVP

LionsFan4Life wrote:
I hope the Lions get a back the likes of Felix Jones.

Only if he can pass a conditioning test.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 30th, 2012, 5:05 pm
League MVP

Post Re: FAs and Possible Trades for Lions
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Nick Harris got cut by Jacksonville. If you ask me, it's time to end the Donahue experiment and bring NH back for the vet minimum.

Agreed.

nick harris was subpar the entire time we had him and was awful for jacksonville last year. id say bring in mcbriar cut by the cowboys...

I say there's nothing wrong with the punters we have. It's the coverage that is lacking.....

disagree, they both leave a lot to be desired with directional kicking and have a tendency to kick for distance rather than hangtime. graham in particular seems to have poor hang time and donahue punts too much for distance. all these things PLUS a poor coverage unit is why the problem has been so bad

August 30th, 2012, 5:16 pm
League MVP

Pablo wrote:

felix jones doesnt help anything

August 30th, 2012, 5:16 pm
What's going on with Marion Barber? I think he played last year with Chicago

I'd love to have Bount, but I can't see TB giving him up. He's too good, too cheap.

August 30th, 2012, 5:56 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: FAs and Possible Trades for Lions
The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Nick Harris got cut by Jacksonville. If you ask me, it's time to end the Donahue experiment and bring NH back for the vet minimum.

Agreed.

nick harris was subpar the entire time we had him and was awful for jacksonville last year. id say bring in mcbriar cut by the cowboys...

I say there's nothing wrong with the punters we have. It's the coverage that is lacking.....

disagree, they both leave a lot to be desired with directional kicking and have a tendency to kick for distance rather than hangtime. graham in particular seems to have poor hang time and donahue punts too much for distance. all these things PLUS a poor coverage unit is why the problem has been so bad

Graham is a solid directional punter. I don't know what you are watching. Plus, he does that rugby style kick that can make the ball stop dead in it's tracks. I agree that his hangtime isn't all that great, but that's because of his rugby style punt. Having a punter like a Donahue that can boom it when you need him to is something that's nice to have. He's still young, so his direction skills can still be developed.

Poor coverage is poor coverage. I agree that a punter not getting hangtime magnifies that. But good coverage is more important right now.

August 30th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'd love to have Bount, but I can't see TB giving him up. He's too good, too cheap.

They're looking to fill Best's role, not looking for a power back. Think of RBs who can motion out to the slot and make plays in space. Someone like Reggie Bush, for example.

August 30th, 2012, 9:27 pm
RIP Killer

OK, Graham just punted and the Bills had a nice return. Two guys were right there, neither fights through the block. The return guy runs ACROSS THE ENTIRE FIELD UNTOUCHED and turns the corner, juking a Lions player in the process.

Somehow, that is the fault of the punter? Gimme a freakin' break. THAT HAS BEEN THE ISSUE ALL ALONG...THE COVERAGE, NOT THE PUNTER.

August 30th, 2012, 10:02 pm
Walk On

We should have drafted LeMichael James, instead of Ryan Broyles personally.

August 30th, 2012, 11:35 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
OK, Graham just punted and the Bills had a nice return. Two guys were right there, neither fights through the block. The return guy runs ACROSS THE ENTIRE FIELD UNTOUCHED and turns the corner, juking a Lions player in the process.

Somehow, that is the fault of the punter? Gimme a freakin' break. THAT HAS BEEN THE ISSUE ALL ALONG...THE COVERAGE, NOT THE PUNTER.

i didnt watch the game but i agree graham is better w directional punts in general and donahue has the stronger leg. donahue and malone outkicking coverage was an issue all season last year, which got better when graham came along. still graham isnt an outstanding directional kicker, he s decent not anything special. i agree the coverage is part of the problem but these punters can definitely stand to be upgraded. id give graham the edge based on what i ve seen in the preseason (not counting week 4 which i didnt see)

i never said it was all the punter s fault so i dont know why you feel it necessary to make the above post

August 31st, 2012, 12:09 am
League MVP

mwill2 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

They're looking to fill Best's role, not looking for a power back. Think of RBs who can motion out to the slot and make plays in space. Someone like Reggie Bush, for example.

how about dexter mccluster

August 31st, 2012, 12:10 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

mwill2 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

EXACTLY!!! All these guys who said we should've picked up Michael Bush or a similar runner are crazy. Leshoure is going to fill that role. We need a Best substitute.

August 31st, 2012, 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next