View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bills (preseason game 4) 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bills (preseason game 4)
njroar wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Boz wrote:
Mikey, would be able to trump anyone's offer for him. Don't think they can unless he clears waivers.
They need to keep yhat kid, at least for awile.

Ummm....what are you talking about?? :-k

It's not baseball.. when he's released, he's waived and we can't match. Plus claiming a waived player put them on active roster, which would defeat the process of waiving him to get him on practice squad in the first place.

Also, good effort by Barnes to keep Easley out of endzone on 2pt. Line judge said he was stopped, but was overruled. Replay was close.

OK...still not sure which player is being discussed, and in what regard. Both you and Boz might know, but I'm pretty much in the dark.

August 30th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I agree. With Leshoure not counting as a roster spot due to suspension, I think they keep him at least for the first two weeks. He's shown more than Williams. Only thing that gives Williams a slight edge is knowing the playbook from last season, but Bell's earned the spot.

And he was asking about Jonte Green since you said him making the pick 6 hurt because we couldn't hide him on PS.

August 30th, 2012, 9:49 pm
RIP Killer

Once again, Spievey allows the receiver to get behind him. If a good QB is behind center, that's six points for Buffalo. Worse yet, it was a tight end that got behind him, by two steps.

Spievey just sucks...flat out sucks.

August 30th, 2012, 9:55 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
I agree. With Leshoure not counting as a roster spot due to suspension, I think they keep him at least for the first two weeks. He's shown more than Williams. Only thing that gives Williams a slight edge is knowing the playbook from last season, but Bell's earned the spot.

And he was asking about Jonte Green since you said him making the pick 6 hurt because we couldn't hide him on PS.

Well, I meant if we waived him some team would likely claim him. I don't think he'd clear. But I feel like he's just way too inconsistent, and others are better at this stage. Lacey, Barnes, Houston and Bentley are locks. It's between Miller, Green and Smith. Of the three, Smith is a proven playmaker, but also is a bigger risk taker that gets burned deep at times. Miller isn't a great corner, but has been our best kick returner so far. However, with Smith playing safety, and doing a decent job of it, maybe they keep him and Green, and only keep four safeties and cut Miller, using someone else to return kicks.

Who knows? We'll find out tomorrow.

August 30th, 2012, 9:58 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 0-recap-p4

Recap is up, bring on the real games!

August 30th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

m2karateman wrote:
Boz wrote:
Mikey, would be able to trump anyone's offer for him. Don't think they can unless he clears waivers.

Sorry! I was talking about MJD, Mikey was you, then Ford was supposed to be right after that.
Don't know how I came up with that. Probably alzhimer or Bud Light...lol

Believe it or not, I lost my partial lower plate a couple of days ago and still haven't found it! Gotta be alzhimers or BUD LIGHT! Everybody start looking!

August 31st, 2012, 8:36 am
National Champion

I don't know if Kellen Moore deserves a roster spoot or not, but I hope they can at least get him on the PS.

August 31st, 2012, 10:26 am
RIP Killer

I think Moore would clear waivers without a problem. He's got good touch and accuracy, but anything beyond 30 yards just floats on him. If he had a stronger arm, he'd be a really good pro prospect. But as of now, I don't think another ball club would take him off the wire....unless Dallas were to do it just out of spite for the Nagy thing.

August 31st, 2012, 11:53 am
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
I think Moore would clear waivers without a problem. He's got good touch and accuracy, but anything beyond 30 yards just floats on him. If he had a stronger arm, he'd be a really good pro prospect. But as of now, I don't think another ball club would take him off the wire....unless Dallas were to do it just out of spite for the Nagy thing.

I know it's weird. We have a great starting QB in Matt Stafford, and decent backup in Shawn Hill. I guess I'm just excited about have a 3rd string QB who isn't named Drew Stanton.

August 31st, 2012, 12:42 pm
Veteran General Manager

Boz wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Boz wrote:

Sorry! I was talking about MJD, Mikey was you, then Ford was supposed to be right after that.
Don't know how I came up with that. Probably alzhimer or Bud Light...lol

Believe it or not, I lost my partial lower plate a couple of days ago and still haven't found it! Gotta be alzhimers or BUD LIGHT! Everybody start looking!

It's ok. You have Alzhimers. I have Mad Cow Disease. LOL.

September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Veteran General Manager

Hystrix wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I know it's weird. We have a great starting QB in Matt Stafford, and decent backup in Shawn Hill. I guess I'm just excited about have a 3rd string QB who isn't named Drew Stanton.

And Speaking of Drew Stanton, I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DIDN'T WIN THE COLT'S STARTING JOB!!!!!!!

ROFL.

September 1st, 2012, 11:06 am
National Champion

BillySims wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

And Speaking of Drew Stanton, I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DIDN'T WIN THE COLT'S STARTING JOB!!!!!!!

ROFL.

I think the Colts should start him, just so they can get value out of him..lol...Id better be carful, I might accedintly summon The Stratagy Expert with talk like this.

September 3rd, 2012, 6:56 pm
RIP Killer

Hystrix wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

ROFL.

I think the Colts should start him, just so they can get value out of him..lol...Id better be carful, I might accedintly summon The Stratagy Expert with talk like this.

I'll say this....I'd take Stanton over Moore as our third stringer any day of the week. Stanton has a better arm, is a better runner, and has shown the ability to win.

September 4th, 2012, 11:08 am
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
I'll say this....I'd take Stanton over Moore as our third stringer any day of the week. Stanton has a better arm, is a better runner, and has shown the ability to win.

Not that I want to get in a discussion about Drew Stanton....but if he was any good at all, he'd have gotten a shot here before Stafford arrived. Moore isn't the greatest, but the jury is still out on him. Stanton is just a lousy QB. We already know this.

September 4th, 2012, 12:40 pm
RIP Killer

Hystrix wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Not that I want to get in a discussion about Drew Stanton....but if he was any good at all, he'd have gotten a shot here before Stafford arrived. Moore isn't the greatest, but the jury is still out on him. Stanton is just a lousy QB. We already know this.

Are we talking about a starter or 3rd string QB? Stanton won a few games for us at the end of 2010 that helped build our momentum going into last year - thank you Drew. He brought a nice scrambling ability and as M2K commented, he showed he could lead a team to victory. He isn't a starting level QB in the NFL, but a capable backup.

I'm not a fan of Moore on the 53-man roster from what I saw as I'd rather see another position have an extra spot who can contribute. I'd pick someone up from the scrap heap and put them behind center before I'd give Moore the keys for a game. The Lions FO must be seeing something I'm not.

September 4th, 2012, 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next