View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 9:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 To Tackle or Not to Tackle 
Author Message
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 286
Post To Tackle or Not to Tackle
What can I say other than "KABOOM", Michigan was slaughtered.

If I hand a beer for every arm tackle attemped, we'd all be poop!

Since when is it commonplace for the entire apposing defense before the OLine except for the center even flinches.

The most god awful performance by Michigan that I have ever seen.

1st drinks on me Pablo :cheers: :oops:


September 2nd, 2012, 9:36 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
This will go down as a win in five years when bama gets busted for paying players and they have to forfett all these wins.

Remeber Dee Hart? Rich Rod was all pumped to sign him a few years back and he was supposed to be a stud and the next Steve Slaton. Then RR gets caned and the kid switches to Bama. Now he's their 4th string. Lol.

I wouldn't blame it on Michigan's performance just the raw talent difference. Bama basically has an NFL team.

Of course Al Borgess should stop coaching and go back to something he's good at like eating donuts. Denard can't throw passes more than 10 yards. I don't care if they if they are giving you the long ball, denard can't execute on that play.


September 2nd, 2012, 12:10 pm
Profile
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Blueskies wrote:
This will go down as a win in five years when bama gets busted for paying players and they have to forfett all these wins.

Remeber Dee Hart? Rich Rod was all pumped to sign him a few years back and he was supposed to be a stud and the next Steve Slaton. Then RR gets caned and the kid switches to Bama. Now he's their 4th string. Lol.

I wouldn't blame it on Michigan's performance just the raw talent difference. Bama basically has an NFL team.

Of course Al Borgess should stop coaching and go back to something he's good at like eating donuts. Denard can't throw passes more than 10 yards. I don't care if they if they are giving you the long ball, denard can't execute on that play.


I said it last year and I'll say it again this year, Devon Garner should be our Qb right now, and Denard should be the guy they switched to WR/H-back. Denard is horrible... He's a Qb that can't throw, BRILLIANT!!!


September 2nd, 2012, 1:06 pm
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Just shows how thoroughly RichRod screwed this program. It also shows how far we have to go to get back to Michigan Football. They will get better this year through experience. And should be back close to a level that Michigan is known for by next year.


September 2nd, 2012, 9:28 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 761
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
BillySims wrote:
Just shows how thoroughly RichRod screwed this program. It also shows how far we have to go to get back to Michigan Football. They will get better this year through experience. And should be back close to a level that Michigan is known for by next year.


I heard the same thing when Lloyd was fired too. But this time I believe it...at least a little bit.


September 2nd, 2012, 9:47 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
This will go down as a win in five years when bama gets busted for paying players and they have to forfett all these wins.

Remeber Dee Hart? Rich Rod was all pumped to sign him a few years back and he was supposed to be a stud and the next Steve Slaton. Then RR gets caned and the kid switches to Bama. Now he's their 4th string. Lol.

I wouldn't blame it on Michigan's performance just the raw talent difference. Bama basically has an NFL team.

Of course Al Borgess should stop coaching and go back to something he's good at like eating donuts. Denard can't throw passes more than 10 yards. I don't care if they if they are giving you the long ball, denard can't execute on that play.


I said it last year and I'll say it again this year, Devon Garner should be our Qb right now, and Denard should be the guy they switched to WR/H-back. Denard is horrible... He's a Qb that can't throw, BRILLIANT!!!


Don't forget, Gardner was a RR recruit too. If he was that great at throwing the football, they wouldn't have switched his position.

Honestly, I think that was Denard's best passing performance in his entire college career. In many instances, his receivers were outmatched and not able to get open (though to be fair he overthrew/underthrew guys just as often).

Denard is a talented player, he just has a very specific skillset. You don't use him like Tom Brady -- you're only setting him up for failure. Short passes, spread people out, try to create space. If you aren't going to use him the way he should be used, then bench him.

Overall though I really think looking at this like "wow Michigan is so bad" is the wrong mindset. Michigan will probably win their B10 division or at least be very close to doing so. Mich State went up against a worst Bama team a few years ago and got shredded even worse. The SEC might as well be a completely different league.


September 3rd, 2012, 12:36 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11825
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Boz wrote:
What can I say other than "KABOOM", Michigan was slaughtered.

If I hand a beer for every arm tackle attemped, we'd all be poop!

Since when is it commonplace for the entire apposing defense before the OLine except for the center even flinches.

The most god awful performance by Michigan that I have ever seen.

1st drinks on me Pablo :cheers: :oops:
Worse than Appalachian State? :confused: ](*,)

_________________
Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!


September 4th, 2012, 1:49 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9252
Location: Dallas
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Boz wrote:
1st drinks on me Pablo :cheers: :oops:


I might need one, MSU didn't look any better.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 4th, 2012, 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Blueskies wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
This will go down as a win in five years when bama gets busted for paying players and they have to forfett all these wins.

Remeber Dee Hart? Rich Rod was all pumped to sign him a few years back and he was supposed to be a stud and the next Steve Slaton. Then RR gets caned and the kid switches to Bama. Now he's their 4th string. Lol.

I wouldn't blame it on Michigan's performance just the raw talent difference. Bama basically has an NFL team.

Of course Al Borgess should stop coaching and go back to something he's good at like eating donuts. Denard can't throw passes more than 10 yards. I don't care if they if they are giving you the long ball, denard can't execute on that play.


I said it last year and I'll say it again this year, Devon Garner should be our Qb right now, and Denard should be the guy they switched to WR/H-back. Denard is horrible... He's a Qb that can't throw, BRILLIANT!!!


Don't forget, Gardner was a RR recruit too. If he was that great at throwing the football, they wouldn't have switched his position.

Honestly, I think that was Denard's best passing performance in his entire college career. In many instances, his receivers were outmatched and not able to get open (though to be fair he overthrew/underthrew guys just as often).

Denard is a talented player, he just has a very specific skillset. You don't use him like Tom Brady -- you're only setting him up for failure. Short passes, spread people out, try to create space. If you aren't going to use him the way he should be used, then bench him.

Overall though I really think looking at this like "wow Michigan is so bad" is the wrong mindset. Michigan will probably win their B10 division or at least be very close to doing so. Mich State went up against a worst Bama team a few years ago and got shredded even worse. The SEC might as well be a completely different league.


I don't care who recruited whom. Gardner is the better thrower, period. Further, Denard has proven time and time again that he doesn't show up for the big games, he gets nervous and craps the bed. He should be moved to Hback/WR something similar to what he'd play in the NFL.


September 4th, 2012, 3:56 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Quote:
I don't care who recruited whom. Gardner is the better thrower, period. Further, Denard has proven time and time again that he doesn't show up for the big games, he gets nervous and craps the bed. He should be moved to Hback/WR something similar to what he'd play in the NFL.


I agree. They either should have continued to run the spread-option while he was the QB, or asked him to change position when the coaching staff took over last year. I'm sure they could've gotten a 3 or 4 star pro-style QB to transfer in. This is why I continue to dislike Hoke. He only got the job because he's a Michigan slappy and Harbough turned his offer down, not because he's a tactical genius. If he can win a few Rose Bowls, I'll love him, but for now I remain very skeptical.

But, what's done is done.

I still expect Michigan to win around 9 games and make it to the Capital One bowl.


September 4th, 2012, 8:18 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
TheRealWags wrote:
Boz wrote:
What can I say other than "KABOOM", Michigan was slaughtered.

If I hand a beer for every arm tackle attemped, we'd all be poop!

Since when is it commonplace for the entire apposing defense before the OLine except for the center even flinches.

The most god awful performance by Michigan that I have ever seen.

1st drinks on me Pablo :cheers: :oops:
Worse than Appalachian State? :confused: ](*,)


Never happened. that was just an ugly Utube video that was made up by some Buckeye fan. :-" [-( :^o 8-[


September 4th, 2012, 11:39 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3012
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Robinson shows up for the big game, he did it most of last year leading to what we had. The problem is the OC who has consistently tied this horse up and kept him in the barn.

Their were passes that DR did his freshman and sophomore years that I haven't seen since. Like when he fakes the run and drops a pass over the line, behind the LB's and it gets huge yardage.

They have taken a running QB and tried to change his dynamics that he's played since day one, and make him into a pocket passer. It's not going to work, and they should have adjusted their game plan to fit their talent. Till the OC let's the horse out, Michigan will struggle.

I say, let him run! Run to set up the pass right? His most dangerous weapon is his shiftiness, his running ability, and his ability to sting you with a pass when you think he's going to run. They've anchored him behind the line and wonder why he throws interceptions, and get's caught behind the LOS. DUH! Even I can see it and I'm just a fan.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


September 5th, 2012, 7:56 am
Profile
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
I don't care who recruited whom. Gardner is the better thrower, period. Further, Denard has proven time and time again that he doesn't show up for the big games, he gets nervous and craps the bed. He should be moved to Hback/WR something similar to what he'd play in the NFL.


I agree. They either should have continued to run the spread-option while he was the QB, or asked him to change position when the coaching staff took over last year. I'm sure they could've gotten a 3 or 4 star pro-style QB to transfer in. This is why I continue to dislike Hoke. He only got the job because he's a Michigan slappy and Harbough turned his offer down, not because he's a tactical genius. If he can win a few Rose Bowls, I'll love him, but for now I remain very skeptical.

But, what's done is done.

I still expect Michigan to win around 9 games and make it to the Capital One bowl.


I agree with you completely.




WarEr4Christ wrote:
Robinson shows up for the big game, he did it most of last year leading to what we had.


Uhmmmm BULLSHIT. I guaranty I go to more UofM games than anyone on this board, even students if there are any. I was at Iowa last year when Denard poop his pants, I was at the Sugar Bowl when Denard fumbled something like 4 times, I've watched every UofM/MSU performance and he failed to show up at ANY of them, and I was at Notre Dame last year when Denard got LUCKY and pulled out the come back win.

Denard ALWAYS comes out and over-throws EVERYONE in the first half. He's too nervous and he lets his nerves get the better of him, EVERY BIG GAME. Every single one, hands down. I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks that he shows up and has "good games" against top notch talent, they either don't pay much attention to him, or they're drinking the "Heisman Kool Aid"


WarEr4Christ wrote:
The problem is the OC who has consistently tied this horse up and kept him in the barn.


I somewhat agree with this, but Denard has had fumble trouble and interception trouble his whole career. He simply doesn't take care of the ball well. For that reason it should be Gardner, not Denard that the offense goes through. Denard is electric and he COULD be a good football player, but the offense should not run through him. He's not a leader. He IS a team player, he says all the right things, and he was a gentleman and scholar when Hoke gave Gardner time last year at Qb. That said, true leaders step up to the plate, they're confident, and they show up to big games. Denard's biggest games are his worst games, period, and that's not a leader.


WarEr4Christ wrote:
Their were passes that DR did his freshman and sophomore years that I haven't seen since. Like when he fakes the run and drops a pass over the line, behind the LB's and it gets huge yardage.

They have taken a running QB and tried to change his dynamics that he's played since day one, and make him into a pocket passer. It's not going to work, and they should have adjusted their game plan to fit their talent. Till the OC let's the horse out, Michigan will struggle.

I say, let him run! Run to set up the pass right? His most dangerous weapon is his shiftiness, his running ability, and his ability to sting you with a pass when you think he's going to run. They've anchored him behind the line and wonder why he throws interceptions, and get's caught behind the LOS. DUH! Even I can see it and I'm just a fan.


I don't know why they don't fake the run with Denard more and throw deep. He CAN complete that pass, but the WR HAS to be wide open. If the CB stays home and doesn't bite it will either 1) be picked off, or 2) it will be a jump ball. People underestimate how much the WRs bailed out Denard. This team is going to miss Hemmingway in a bad bad way.

The problem is, you can't "let him run" because that's how teams play him. They're not scared of his arm, because he flat out can't throw. Man coverage on the WRs and gang tackle Denard is how you beat UofM's offense. That's what Bama did and that's what MSU did against us. Neither team respected the pass, and when they geared up against the run we couldn't do squat.



FWIW... I don't see why they don't line Denard up at Hback. He can run the damn ball, everyone knows that, we could split him out wide and use him as a WR, or we can toss it to him and he can throw it. If we had someone in there as Qb the D would be much, much more likely to bite when they saw a pitch, even if it was to Denard. Having Denard at H-back, IMO, just opens up the offense to endless possiblities. The only reason we don't do it is lack of vision, IMO.


September 6th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Scratch the 9 wins.

This is going to be a very long season.


September 10th, 2012, 12:16 am
Profile
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
Blueskies wrote:
Scratch the 9 wins.

This is going to be a very long season.



Again, I can't stress enough that Gardner should be our Qb. I don't get it, at all... And now it looks like we're going to have a freshman/sophmore Qb next year that is a more "traditional" Qb. I don't care if we run the spread or not, but why NOT have a running Qb? 1) we can't seem to defend them, so they have to be doing something right, and 2) the NCAA is not like the NFL. The defenders aren't the same size and the game is much, much slower. In this day and age in the NCAA it seems almost irresponsible to not have a Qb that can pick up a first down with his legs. Even players like Andrew Luck get first downs with their feet. I'd take a guy that can throw over a guy that can run at Qb, but we seemingly have both and just refuse to use him, or rather, we're using him out of position at WR instead...

I don't get it...

And... For the record, if I was Devon Garder and I just watched what Cam Newton and RGIII have done in the NFL and where they were picked in the draft, I'd transfer next year to a college that needs a starting, mobile Qb.


September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.