View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Dirty politics GOP style By Juan Williams 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Dirty politics GOP style By Juan Williams
regularjoe12 wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I hate to break it to ya, but a vote for anyone other than R2 is a vote for Obama. I'm not exactly certain this will be a landslide, but I can HOPE, for a CHANGE, but voting 3rd party will doom us to another 4 years of tyranny and I'm not willing to allow that to happen.

Are you, or anyone for that matter, aware that the U.S. government has purchased 1 MILLION rounds of ammunition, and they've done it through Nasa, and some other obscure agencies. It would appear that there is a plan to "put down a rebellion".

You really think romney is anything but obama white?

And your " put down a rebellion idea" is pretty laughable. The first problem is getting soldiers to shoot. You were in the military, would you open fire on an American civilian on American soil? I think not. And the populace is no where near rebellion so you have nothing to worry about there.

Romney is not Obama white. If you look at just the issues and stance without looking at the way to get there, of course they might look the same. The paths are completely different. Romneycare was a state effort vs. a fed effort and it was also done without raising taxes. Obamacare is paid for by the "penalty" which had to be correctly labeled a tax in order to fund it. Even identical cuts in medicare are completely different when you look at how those cuts pay back into medicare. Ryan's initial plan put the money back in the trust, where Obama put the money into Obamacare and then required future legislation by congress to put the money back. Assuming something will get passed in congress is never a smart idea, but it qualifies for the CBO score.

As for for finding troops to follow those orders, just look at New Orleans when they were ordered to confiscate firearms from people not effected by the flooding. There are plenty that are strictly by the book, regardless of constitutionality of it.

But W4C, the ammunition was a budget trick, but was completely transparent. It's homeland security that spread the cost among the places they provide security and take it out of their budgets instead of solely the homeland security budget. It's more cost effective to have it delivered to each place separately instead of one central location then pay for shipping to each location again. The only people uprising in Europe and those that would do so here, would be the unions, and they aren't on the nation's radar. It's basically a budget trick to make it look like they cut spending in homeland security, while increasing those like NASA and others that they want to look like they're growing. The ammo is bought every year.

September 5th, 2012, 9:55 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I hate to break it to ya, but a vote for anyone other than R2 is a vote for Obama. I'm not exactly certain this will be a landslide, but I can HOPE, for a CHANGE, but voting 3rd party will doom us to another 4 years of tyranny and I'm not willing to allow that to happen.

Are you, or anyone for that matter, aware that the U.S. government has purchased 1 MILLION rounds of ammunition, and they've done it through Nasa, and some other obscure agencies. It would appear that there is a plan to "put down a rebellion".
Hmm, I'll defer to Albert on this one:
Quote:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... sK3LDWG.99

September 5th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Modmin Dude

Gotta love Romney's Replublican Party:
Quote:
The real story behind those Ron Paul delegates from Maine
TAMPA, September 2, 2012 – By the time of Marco Rubio’s speech at the Republican National Convention (RNC), rhetoric overload and sore feet had overcome any desire I had to listen. I sat down at a table in the corridor of the Tampa Bay Times Forum. A few minutes later, several young people sat in the other chairs.

One of them was wearing a tee shirt that read, “Texas Remembers the Alamo, and the Maine, and the Oklahoma, and the Louisiana, and the Oregon, and the Massachusetts.”

Those are the other five states in which Ron Paul had majorities one week before the RNC. Together with the three states he actually won (Iowa, Minnesota and Nevada) Ron Paul would have carried eight states had many of those delegates not been unseated at the last minute.

The man wearing the tee shirt was Chris Howe, Ron Paul supporter and alternate delegate from Texas. Rob Hinojosa was a guest and the graphic designer of the tee shirts.

One day before, both had marched out of the RNC along with the Maine delegation and an army Ron Paul’s other delegates chanting “As Maine goes, so goes the nation!”

Howe and Hinojosa went to work on their smart phones and in short order produced Ashley Ryan, 21, the youngest national committeewoman in the history of the Republican Party.

Ryan confirmed that Ron Paul did indeed still have 20 of the 24 delegates from Maine as of the day before the RNC. They had been ready for a fight since learning of a challenge to the delegation a month earlier.

All that has been reported so far is that the delegation was contested on the grounds that the state convention did not follow “parliamentary procedure.” However, the details tell a very different story.

“The contest was filed by current national committeewoman Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette, who was the Romney state director for Maine. Those are well-known Romney supporters. They filed the contest based on the claims that our state convention lacked credentialing and lacked security. The ironic thing about that is that Jan Staples is on the executive committee for the party, so it was her job to plan the state convention. So if there was lax credentialing or if there was lax security, that would have been her fault,” explained Ryan.

Credentialing and security means that the officers of the convention ensure that all inside are who they say they are and that only duly elected delegates are present to vote.

“When they first presented their case to the contest committee, the contest committee found that there wasn’t enough evidence to invalidate the state convention or to rule against the delegates. So, instead of throwing it out like you would in a regular court of law – in a court of law if you sue someone and you don’t have enough evidence your case gets thrown out – in this situation the RNC kicked it down the line for a few more weeks and said we’ll figure it out in Tampa,” continued Ryan.

So, the convention is chaired by a Romney supporter and the national committeewoman in charge of credentialing and security is a Romney supporter. After Ron Paul supporters win a landslide victory, that same committeewoman joins Romney’s state campaign director in filing a contest based upon her own failure to ensure proper credentialing and security. The matter is put before the RNC, who are working hand in hand with Romney’s campaign.

As Ron Paul himself once wrote of the Federal Reserve System, “If that sounds fishy, then you understand it just fine.”

A call on Friday to Ms. Staples' home phone was not returned.

Facing similar pressure, four of the five states agreed to have some of their delegates replaced with Romney supporters, but Maine held out.

“We didn’t agree to anything. We decided that we’d fight until the very end. The Committee on Contests made a recommendation to the Committee on Credentials to take 10 of our delegation off, 10 of our alternates off, so that’s 20 people total, and then the RNC hand-picked 10 delegates and 10 alternates to take their place, obviously who are all Mitt Romney supporters, all hand-picked and for the most part, party insiders” said Ryan.

So who were these unelected delegates? Are they even from Maine?

“These people are from Maine, but the people who chose these people are not from Maine. From what I’ve been told, but I haven’t been able to confirm this yet, our state party paid for them to come down, paid for their travel expenses and their hotel expenses, which a lot of people are incredibly angry about because they worked for months and in some cases years to make sure that they could afford to be here. They saved up over the four years to be able to fly down and now the state party is paying to fly down people who were never elected,” said Ryan

These details lend insight into former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele’s comment to Jon Stewart that the RNC’s treatment of Ron Paul and his supporters was “the height of rudeness and stupidity.”

“Why would you alienate them,” continued Steele, “get on the floor and not let them speak? Let his name go up on the board and let them see the numbers of electoral votes that he received.”

Had all of his delegates been seated, Ron Paul would also have been entitled to a 15-minute, unedited speech.

Apologists for the RNC claim that all of this was done to ensure that the convention came off as a show of unity within the party behind its nominee for president.

One has to wonder, though. What were they really so afraid of?

Tom Mullen is the author of A Return to Common Sense: Reawakening Liberty in the Inhabitants of America.

Read more: The real story behind those Ron Paul delegates from Maine (Video of march from floor) | Washington Times Communities
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
Lies, deceit..great start for "The next POTUS" ](*,)
My question is, what is Romney so afraid of? Why not let the Paul delegates be seated? Why all these back handed, last minute changes?
Pres Reagan would be embarrassed of today's Republican Party [-X
(not too mention he wouldn't even get elected - can't have compromise now can we?)

September 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

It's not compromise when the other side only want you to do what they say. Labeling the republicans as only saying no, isn't even close to accurate. Go look up the book leaks from Bob Woodward's new book. From the outset, this administration locked out the republicans, then when they lost their advantage in 2010, they expected to still get their way. "We have the votes, F--k em," is what Rahm Emanuel said. Compromise is both sides working together so that they can both accept what they come up with. It isn't let's work together and do it our way. Saying no is exactly what was needed. The democrats refused to compromise, yet because they're in the White House and the majority of the media print verbatim what they're told, they aren't looked at as the real block to anything getting done.

Both sides need to work together, but it has to be an equal give from both sides, and in the current environment that just isn't possible.

September 5th, 2012, 10:38 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I hate to break it to ya, but a vote for anyone other than R2 is a vote for Obama.

I hate to break it to ya, but a vote for R2 is a vote for Obama (and visa versa). You are simply perpetuating the system that brought you Obama. A vote for R2 is going to come up a bit short as I've been telling you since this election cycle began - why can't you seem to see this. It brings you 4 more years of Obama and promote the high borrow high spend coke/pepsi two-party system that spits out non-leaders like Obama and Romney.

If you want to continue to spend your daughters future away, I highly encourage you to vote for R2 or Obama - just remember who put us in this mess as it continues to get worse.

Did you see the definition of insanity that Wags posted cause you are living it. There is another phrase, if you aren't part of the solution... Well neither R2 or Obama are part of the solution, they are part of the same problem that has plauged this country for decades now.

WE4C - I have to say you are a perfect microcosm for what is wrong with the electorate and you don't even seem to realize it. Now, lets talk about who is really being deceived here.

September 6th, 2012, 10:14 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Deleted for being argumentative

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Last edited by WarEr4Christ on September 6th, 2012, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2012, 4:46 pm
QB Coach

Deleted for being argumentative

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Last edited by WarEr4Christ on September 6th, 2012, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2012, 4:57 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Warrior...unless you are willing to call Bush a communist you are going to have to retract that statment. The dollar is actually getting stronger now...(slowly)

I really really want to challeng you to open your mind. Obama is NOT the devil. he's an awful pres, but he's not any worse than Bush....and your fooling yourself if you think Romney will be any more than just marginally better.

whats really going to change?

Obamacare? Nope it's based off romneycare
Taxation? Hell Romney is one of the biggest loophole abusers out there so....NOPE
job creation? pretty doubful that a guy who outsources will be able to convince more big corps to open up shop here.

those are the nations BIGGEST concerns.and they are going to remain the same. all your commie retoric is conspiracy theory at best...

what TRUELY changes if Romeny is elected? seriously? no commie talk...no rebellion..no all hell breaks loose fears.

WHAT IMPORTANT CHANGES IF ROMNEY IS ELECTED?

(and you need to look up the libertarian party before you call them liberal. they are what teh republican party is SUPPOSED to be IMO (and Ron Pauls! lol)

September 6th, 2012, 5:04 pm
QB Coach

Maybe this is rudimentary, and maybe I'll be exposed for being naive on this subject but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

If the dollar is getting stronger, I THINK it is only because the Euro and Europe are doing so poorly.

Business: Right now Corporations are REGULATED and TAXED almost to death. It's the redistribution thing. Obama doesn't want America to succeed, he wants her to fall in line! IF we could drill our own oil, and use it, the MB would lose it's largest customer. IF we could drill our own oil, Brazil wouldn't be able to have access to OUR oil reserves, only to drill it and sell it back to us. How many MAJOR spills of the size of the Gulf 2 years ago have you seen in your lifetime? That was proven to be complacency, mfg deficiencies, and much, much more. All of it hampered by the depths of the drilling. We have a clear choice, do we allow a BUSINESS MAN, with a career in building SUCCESSFUL businesses run the Largest Business in the world, OR do we allow a Community Organizer who believes in Entitlement crib to coffin? It's pretty clear to me!

Religiously speaking: The DNC just demonstrated this very week that America is at a tipping point. Contrary to what the talking heads in these threads think, America was found on Religious freedom, freedom of oppression, and much more. Instead of trying to confuse people with terms like "they were deists", these men were active in their faith, and some had no Christian faith at all but were agnostic. I'm thinking Jefferson and Franklin the most noted Deists. They ommitted our heritage as a nation purposefully, and then when they tried to go back and put an adendum back in, it failed miserably, and was an embarassment. So we are at a cross roads, and our choice will determine the path of this country, Obama is correct in that.

Pathways: Obama is not the devil but he's definitely worldly! He has over ridden the Constitution of the United States, or sidestepped it, and now wishes to experiment with it (1/3 of the way through the speech last night when he started talking about FDR). The Constitution is the BASE of this nation. For example: when doing a scientific experiment you have your positive result, your negative result and your middle which is your base. It's the truth that you weigh the other two off of, the term escapes me now, but that's what the Constitution is for this nation. It is our TRUTH, and any law that comes after it is supposed to be weighed against it. If it doesn't infringe or violate that, then it's acceptable, if it does then it's not acceptable and thrown out, (Except for this administration which sidesteps that rule and implements it anyway through Executive Order)

Our fearless deceiver has been caught lying, deceiving, selling out his own people to the Russians on an open mic, and covering up a multitude of deceptions (Fast and furious to say the least). But what can you expect from a man who PROBABLY isn't a legal President anyway. A Birth Ceritificate states father, mother, place of birth, dob, size, weight, race, and so on. A CERTIFICATE of LIVE BIRTH states, "yup that's a baby, and he's alive and in the States!" Why can we not get the ACTUAL records and all of his College stuff? Could it be that he's not an American Citizen and therefore his Presidency is illegal? Show me those records Mr. President!!! I demand it as a Citizen.

I will close with this billboard that is on display down here and it's perfect for this:

"The Navy SEALS took out one enemy of the United States, now in November you have the right to take out another, remember to Vote."

September 7th, 2012, 8:25 am

W4C I'll put it to ya like this,

I have nothing but love and respect for anyone who votes for their favorite candidate. Vote for who you think is best. I dont even have any disrespect if you try and sell your candidate as the best one. (Sly for example never bothered me a bit. he made a choice and was passionate about it and shared with all he could)

I can not stand the concept of "throwing your vote away". The very idea is exactly why we are stuck in a 2 party system right now. both the left and the right want you to believe that if you open up the floor to a 3rd candidate that the devil will win and the country will burn. thats just stupid! they both want you to believe that so they have less compatition. It's a con, nothing less, nothing more.

Vote for who you think is the best, do NOT let fear of "throwing your vote away" dictate your voting.

September 7th, 2012, 9:40 am
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:

I have nothing but love and respect for anyone who votes for their favorite candidate. Vote for who you think is best. I dont even have any disrespect if you try and sell your candidate as the best one. (Sly for example never bothered me a bit. he made a choice and was passionate about it and shared with all he could)

I can not stand the concept of "throwing your vote away". The very idea is exactly why we are stuck in a 2 party system right now. both the left and the right want you to believe that if you open up the floor to a 3rd candidate that the devil will win and the country will burn. thats just stupid! they both want you to believe that so they have less compatition. It's a con, nothing less, nothing more.

Vote for who you think is the best, do NOT let fear of "throwing your vote away" dictate your voting.

Well put.

I hate the fact that most people now a days vote AGAINST a PARTY as opposed to voting FOR a CANDIDATE. If only more people would follow this trend, and I include myself in this as I don't plan to vote for president this year as I can't stand either of the 2 candidates. I don't care/have time enough to look into the 3rd party candidates to find one I like if there even is one out there. I still plan to vote on local issues but that's it. But given the above argument by Joe I may take a closer look at the 3rd party candidates.

September 7th, 2012, 2:28 pm

aManNamedSuh wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Well put.

I hate the fact that most people now a days vote AGAINST a PARTY as opposed to voting FOR a CANDIDATE. If only more people would follow this trend, and I include myself in this as I don't plan to vote for president this year as I can't stand either of the 2 candidates. I don't care/have time enough to look into the 3rd party candidates to find one I like if there even is one out there. I still plan to vote on local issues but that's it. But given the above argument by Joe I may take a closer look at the 3rd party candidates.

To save you a little time i can help steer ya in a couple of directions...

If you find yourself a fan of older school republic philosphy look into the libertarian party. (especially if you are a Ron Paul fan. if you like him this is the party for you)

If you find yourself a little more eco friendly try the green party.

Not sure who is running this election for em, but lets face it they're not going to win THIS election. the goal is to get 5% of the public vote this election so that they get an even share of funding for the NEXT election. so when dealing with 3rd party affiliations you dont have to concern yourself so much with the candidate as much as the party goals. Hopefully one day that 3rd party will give us legit 3rd option for an election for pres. wouldn't that be something!

September 7th, 2012, 2:47 pm
QB Coach

Actually my choice would be a Strong Conservative. The Libertarian party is too Liberal in their stance on drugs, and morality. I'm not asking for a theocracy, I'm asking for a party that will defend the country, it's borders, and allow us citizens to live our lives. The Democrats are big government and intrusive into my life, and do NOT want individualism, nor will they allow me to obtain the highest of my ability that I wish to work towards. KEEP IN MIND I WORK IN INNER CITY, I DEAL WITH INNE CITY HOUSING, and so I HAVE A FRONT LINE VIEW of the age of Entitlement. I see on a daily basis what government dependency breeds, and it's more dependency. The government provides, housing, health care, food, utilities, cell phones, and so why should I have to work? Meanwhile, these same families have the X boxes and movies(bootleg or otherwise), smoke cigarettes, drink the all the alcohol they can handle, breed as many kids as they wish, because there is no incentive to make your own way. I want the ability to make my own way, do for my family to the best of my ability, and raise me family as I see fit.

I'm not totally sold on the Republican party, they just happen to best represent my Conservative values more than any other. If I had to choose a party to associate with it would be a Tea Party Conservative, and until they are strong enough, and big enough to be a Third Party, and NOT absorbed by the RNC, then that's where I'm at.

I signed my name on a contract that allowed you and anyone else to vote for whoever you wish. I would not ask you to do anything else than vote your convictions. BUT, much like Perot did in 92, a third party does draw the more left leaning or Moderate voters away from the righter Conservatives. This weakens the right to some extent which allows a lethal leftist government currently in power, to possibly maintain control. Getting this ILLEGAL PRESIDENT OUT OF OFFICE SHOULD BE THE ONLY FOCUS OF ANY CONSERVATIVE.

The Liberals, and especially BO are a one worlder mentality and as I said, they don't want the USA to be exceptional, they want us to fall in line. Rommey and Ryan are Self AVOWED, and PROVEN to be ANTI-ONE WORLDERS. Romney is a businessman like Perot, and did wonders with his money. He knows how to make it, he KNOWS how to make jobs, and Ryan is a BULLDOG on budgets, and wanting to run this country OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE>

I wasn't really sold on Romney at first, but the more I've heard him, the more I've looked into his character, the more I like him. I was always taught not to judge a book by it's cover, but that doesn't mean you can't make a determination based upon content. If a tree produces bad fruit you cut it down and burn it up. Look at the fruit of the two men vying for our vote!

One: division, divisive rhetoric, large government, controlling policies, extreme regulations, wealth distribution, crib to coffin entitlements, lies and deceit, unmet promises, extreme debt, and more deception. Do as I say not as I do!

Two: transparent to the requirement, family oriented, country oriented, successful businessman, public servant, willing to serve anyone even at his own costs, good friend (according to those around him), truthfull, driven, dedicated, and much more.

If you look at the people around these two men, can you honestly NOT SEE the differences? You know the list, one is inclusive of enemies of the State, and the other is inclusive of strong leaders, and friends.

So please forgive me if you were offended by my reference to a wasted vote, but until the Tea party Conservatives have their own free standing party, a vote for anything else could have the same results as Perot of 92, WHO I VOTED FOR AT THAT TIME. My thinking was who better to run a business than a successful businessman, hmmm, deja vu?

September 7th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Walk On

njroar wrote:
The paths are completely different. Romneycare was a state effort vs. a fed effort and it was also done without raising taxes. Obamacare is paid for by the "penalty" which had to be correctly labeled a tax in order to fund it.

:^o Not even remotely true. Both programs were enabled (not "funded") by a mandate to purchase private insurance. And Romney's statement at the time was (paraphrasing, not quoting) that having health insurance is a personal responsibility. The "penalty/tax/whatever" is only there as an incentive to get people to follow the mandate - it doesn't pay for the program. The mandate's central premise is that forcing healthy people into the private insurance industry pool will enable health insurance complanies to still make money while insuring people who are undesirable otherwise. There is no adequate explanation for Romney's about-face on his health care mandate, other than the fact that the lunatic right doesn't like it. And that is completly ironic, since one of the idea's origins is the ultraconservative Heritage Foundation. It is a major success for both Romney and Obama. And for Republicans, there's hardly ever been a better example of "sour grapes". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

njroar wrote:
Even identical cuts in medicare are completely different, when I'm comparing my preferred candidate to yours.

fixed

September 8th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Walk On

WarEr4Christ wrote:
The Liberals, and especially BO are a one worlder mentality and as I said, they don't want the USA to be exceptional, they want us to fall in line. Rommey and Ryan are Self AVOWED, and PROVEN to be ANTI-ONE WORLDERS. Romney is a businessman like Perot, and did wonders with his money. He knows how to make it, he KNOWS how to make jobs, and Ryan is a BULLDOG on budgets, and wanting to run this country OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE>

I wasn't really sold on Romney at first, but the more I've heard him, the more I've looked into his character, the more I like him.

You might want to think more about the "one worlder" angle. And the American exceptionalism angle. How can you call a guy who doesn't draw any distinction between American investments and labor and non-American investments and labor... some how more in favor of America? His personal and professional record tell a different story than the position you've taken. To Romney, it is already clearly "one world". He clearly views himself as a man above citizenship and country, when it comes to business and personal finance.

September 8th, 2012, 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next