View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Our CB Situation 
Team MVP

Post Re: Our CB Situation
wjb21ndtown wrote:
njroar wrote:
Coleman/Wendling is a better safety duo than we put on the field last year when Delmas was out, so as long as Coleman stays healthy we shouldn't have the drop off we saw last season. Delmas is better than Wendling, but if you can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter. He's a free agent after this season, so I think it depends on him staying healthy whether or not they go in a different direction next year.

Delmas isn't even that good when he is healthy. I'd like to see us use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a safety every draft until one pans out, or sign a FA FS/SS. Chris Hope isn't great, but he would have been better than anything we've had for the last few years.

Agree. For the most part at least. I like Delmas, but i wouldnt call him the phenominal player we are always missing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 4th, 2012, 7:16 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
njroar wrote:
Coleman/Wendling is a better safety duo than we put on the field last year when Delmas was out, so as long as Coleman stays healthy we shouldn't have the drop off we saw last season. Delmas is better than Wendling, but if you can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter. He's a free agent after this season, so I think it depends on him staying healthy whether or not they go in a different direction next year.

Delmas isn't even that good when he is healthy. I'd like to see us use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a safety every draft until one pans out, or sign a FA FS/SS. Chris Hope isn't great, but he would have been better than anything we've had for the last few years.

Agree. For the most part at least. I like Delmas, but i wouldnt call him the phenominal player we are always missing.

I'll second that. Delmas supports the run well, but doesn't always make the tackle because he's looking for the bone jarring hit too many times. Coverage wise he's OK, but again he's looking for the highlight reel hit and sometimes misses a chance to simply make a good play and prevent the reception. Delmas is a good starting safety, but his performance is not elite level by any means. However, there is no doubt that the entire secondary plays better when he is in there. That tells me that he is very cerebral and makes sure others are in position when they need to be. No doubt that Spievey appears to be a better player when playing next to Delmas. However, that could be because Delmas was covering up Amari's mistkes.

I can only imagine how good Delmas might be if we had a capable safety playing next to him.

And in regards to being worried about Delmas and his injury history....well, you may as well be equally concerned with Erik Coleman. It's not like he's always healthy either.

September 5th, 2012, 9:10 am
Stats Boy

Just curious since I haven't been able to find it, who are our starting CB's today? Florence, Bently, Jacob?? I think Mayhew did a nice job finding a couple of guys who can help in the last few weeks too btw. Maybe they are not top notch DB's, but more than serviceable from what I've read and upgrades over what we had as well.

September 9th, 2012, 11:59 am
Player of the Year - Defense

fekko2 wrote:
Just curious since I haven't been able to find it, who are our starting CB's today? Florence, Bently, Jacob?? I think Mayhew did a nice job finding a couple of guys who can help in the last few weeks too btw. Maybe they are not top notch DB's, but more than serviceable from what I've read and upgrades over what we had as well.

Bentley and Lacey with Florence at Nickle, but he moves outside and Barnes at dime. I'm sure it'll mix around some today. Green is active as well.

September 9th, 2012, 12:30 pm
Stats Boy

njroar wrote:
fekko2 wrote:

Bentley and Lacey with Florence at Nickle, but he moves outside and Barnes at dime. I'm sure it'll mix around some today. Green is active as well.

Thanks, I thought they would probably mix it up. Florence seems to be the most accomplished of who we have now. I'm assuming he will be the number two next week as he gets up to speed with our scheme...if Houston isn't ready to go that is.

September 9th, 2012, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2