View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Lions vs. Rams week 1 predictions thread. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions vs. Rams week 1 predictions thread.
BillySims wrote:
You can't see any advantage to us when we stretch them out into nickle and dime so that they have to put 2 or 3 of those rookie DB's on the field at the same time? Watkins may be an upgrade. But, he is a Rookie and will get schooled against our D-line.

Is there an advantage? Yes. But St. Louis will have the same advantage against our defense. Bill Bentley ring a bell? Jonte Green? And at this point I'd take any rookie on their roster over Amari Spievey. And Calvin might end up being covered by Jenkins at some point, but for the most part you can just about guarantee that Finnegan has that assignment, along with whoever is asked to provide the double team. Once we go into a three or four receiver package, yes, I'd give us pretty good odds against them. But in a base defense against our base offense, they are in pretty decent shape.

As for their rookie guard, I agree that he's got a wake up call coming. But it still doesn't change the fact that Watkins seems to be a better player than who they had last season at guard.

Billy, all I'm saying is that everyone thinks that the Lions are going to simply roll over this Rams team like they did last year. It may not turn out to be all that easy. We are missing our two best defensive backs, we won't have our two best running backs and a couple other of our players are still nursing some nagging injuries. If the Lions win big, great. But I wouldn't count on another blowout.

September 8th, 2012, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

Well, what have you got to say now about how the Lions were going to destroy the Rams? I told you it wouldn't be that easy. Yes, if Stafford would have played better and if there wouldn't have been some drops it may have been a slightly wide margin of victory. But you better get used to this team being in closer games against what you consider to be powder puff opposition.

September 9th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
Well, what have you got to say now about how the Lions were going to destroy the Rams? I told you it wouldn't be that easy. Yes, if Stafford would have played better and if there wouldn't have been some drops it may have been a slightly wide margin of victory. But you better get used to this team being in closer games against what you consider to be powder puff opposition.

Agreed

DJ-B wrote:
27-14 as the Lions spend more time then they would agaisnt a better team to try and establish a running game. It isnt as close as the score Indicates.

Almost nailed it without the Pick 6. Jeff Fisher is a great coach (part of the reason why schwartz is good), andit was way way way closer than i expected (again due to the Ints)... so I'm just glad the Leos didnt lose the game.

September 9th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:

You win some. You lose some. So, I was wrong. It's happened before. It will most certainly happen again. I am so broken up over this I think I'll end my life because of it.

September 13th, 2012, 6:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I didn't see the game, ( we are in the process of moving and I forgot the game was on until it was long since over.)

So, I don't know the particulars of what happened in it.

But, I do find it funny that you care so much about my predictions. I am not a prophet. My predictions are nothing more than guesses based on match ups that I expect to tilt the game one way or another. Same as anyone else does.

September 13th, 2012, 6:50 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
I didn't see the game, ( we are in the process of moving and I forgot the game was on until it was long since over.)

But, I do find it funny that you care so much about my predictions. I am not a prophet. My predictions are nothing more than guesses based on match ups that I expect to tilt the game one way or another. Same as anyone else does.

FORGOT THE GAME WAS ON!?!?!?!?!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 13th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

FORGOT THE GAME WAS ON!?!?!?!?!

Yeah. Moving tends to make you lose your mind sometimes. LOL. I lost track of what day it was. LOL.

September 13th, 2012, 8:15 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:

Wow :shock: Pretty vain, are we? My post wasn't directed at you personally, but all those people who were predicting a blowout by the Lions.
new_Eyecrazy.gif

September 17th, 2012, 8:48 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Wow :shock: Pretty vain, are we? My post wasn't directed at you personally,

You addressed me personally by quoting me. Vanity would be if I were to reply to you when you quoted no-one. But, you quoted me. Therefore, you were indeed directing your post directly to me. That's what you are doing when you quote someone.

September 18th, 2012, 11:48 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:

BillySims wrote:
You addressed me personally by quoting me. Vanity would be if I were to reply to you when you quoted no-one. But, you quoted me. Therefore, you were indeed directing your post directly to me. That's what you are doing when you quote someone.

Where in the HELL in my post did I quote you above?

September 19th, 2012, 8:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

BillySims wrote:

My bad, I misread the post in question. But, anyhow, I was the main guy calling for a blowout and your post was the very next in line after one of my posts and for some reason I saw it as you quoting me. I'm sorry.

September 19th, 2012, 7:46 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

My bad, I misread the post in question. But, anyhow, I was the main guy calling for a blowout and your post was the very next in line after one of my posts and for some reason I saw it as you quoting me. I'm sorry.

Billy, you weren't the only one who said the Lions would destroy the Rams. It seemed like most folks were predicting at least a ten point victory for the Lions. However, to be fair, we did have a discussion in the thread about it, so I can understand where you might think I was directing it at you. Just to be clear, in instances where I am directing my comments to an individual, I usually post their quote and then show my response.

No apologies necessary. Simple misunderstanding. We're good.

September 19th, 2012, 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3