View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Rams 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Rams
i hope bill bentley is ok

September 9th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Killwill25 wrote:

Seemed like a concussion.

September 9th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Seemed like a concussion.

Confirmed concussion. He was back on the sideline, so hopefully he's back in the mix sooner rather than later.

September 9th, 2012, 5:06 pm
Stats Boy

njroar wrote:
Good teams can win when they play bad, and that's what the Lions did today. It was positively ugly on offense, but the D was solid. And I know people are jumping on Green for that TD, but watch the replay, he covered it as well as you could cover it, it was a great pass. If he can get his head turned he might have had a chance, but it's tough to defend a pass placed like that.

D only gave up 78 yards rushing on 27 attempts (2.8ypc) and 169 yards passing. We rushed for 83 yards in 18 attempts (4.6ypc) and had 346 yards passing.
Calvin looked blanketed all game and still ended up with 6 catches for 111 yards. He was only targeted 7 times.

Ugly game, but as Killer always said... a QB isn't paid for stats.. he's paid for W's. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss anyway.

This ^^^. We have had plenty of moral victories over the years. I'm very pleased with the lack of dumb penalties. It most likely saved this game. I like pretty much all aspects of the game today except for Stafford, and he redemed himself in crunch time. A very untypical Lions win based on the last 15 years. Nice work boys! Just WIN baby...

September 9th, 2012, 5:07 pm
QB Coach

BTW Jim Harbaugh is crazy. Anybody see his reaction to getting a first quarter field goal? Super evil face with spit flying everywhere as he exalted three points.

I really hope we come back strong next week and win.

September 9th, 2012, 5:26 pm
RIP Killer

Ugly win, but I will take it. Recap is up

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 909-recap1

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!

September 9th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
BTW Jim Harbaugh is crazy. Anybody see his reaction to getting a first quarter field goal? Super evil face with spit flying everywhere as he exalted three points.

I really hope we come back strong next week and win.

I saw that and agree, he's a complete wack job........ :roll:

September 9th, 2012, 6:07 pm
NFL Team Captain

Ugly, but a win is a win!

My View:

* Stafford looked very timid in throwing the ball, almost like he was second guessing every throw. I guess the picks will do that.
* Oline did a decent job in creating some run lanes, props to Peterman he had a good game. K.Smith was solid.
* Pettigrew almost owed me a TV. - That dude gets paid to "Catch the Ball" Please have someone tell him that.
* Our Dline is overrated. I hate to say it and I know I'm going to get flamed on this, but we should have just dominated their make-shift oline. We just can't get consistent pressure, not sure if it is the scheme or the talent.
* 21 years and Hanson is the man
* Linebackers played a great game and I thought we did a good job in defending the run.
* Loved the opening drive (minus the pick) and the last drive as well. Wish they all looked like those two.
* I'll take the win, but we got some serious work to do.

GO LIONS!

September 9th, 2012, 6:28 pm
National Champion

I was very discouraged by Staffords performance (the 3 INTs I mean, I liked the final TD :) ). But, hey, a win is a win. We held them to under 200 yards passing, we got 3 Sacks from our D-line, and Kevin Smith out performed Steven Jackson. :mrgreen:

September 9th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Ugly, but a win is a win!

My View:

* Stafford looked very timid in throwing the ball, almost like he was second guessing every throw. I guess the picks will do that.
* Oline did a decent job in creating some run lanes, props to Peterman he had a good game. K.Smith was solid.
* Pettigrew almost owed me a TV. - That dude gets paid to "Catch the Ball" Please have someone tell him that.
* Our Dline is overrated. I hate to say it and I know I'm going to get flamed on this, but we should have just dominated their make-shift oline. We just can't get consistent pressure, not sure if it is the scheme or the talent.
* 21 years and Hanson is the man
* Linebackers played a great game and I thought we did a good job in defending the run.
* Loved the opening drive (minus the pick) and the last drive as well. Wish they all looked like those two.
* I'll take the win, but we got some serious work to do.

GO LIONS!

Dline had 3 sacks and held STL to 4-12 (33%) 3rd down conversion. Also, the offenses are getting up to speed much quicker than the defenses with the contact drill changes to the offseason. I think they'll be ok.

Another fun fact... Stafford has 14 wins... 7 have been come from behind or tie in 4th quarter (1 from tie, 6 down). The real captain comeback.

September 9th, 2012, 6:48 pm
League MVP

I attended the game so there are a few things I ll have to wait to comment on after I watch it on my DVR but just a few things...

- Stafford didnt seem to play much different in the 1st half, then he did in the preseason. He was forcing into reads. Still love the guy, played a great final 8 minutes and was able to move it throughout. Just remember this guy is going to improve and that gets me excited.

- Burleson - some huge catches, thats why we have him.

- Titus Young - still a punk. talented but i think we ll see broyles pass him at some point this season.

- Pettigrew - came up huge in the end but cmon with the dropsies

- Jonte Green - thrown into the fire. I hated the penatly on the punt but he had good coverage on the INT he gave up.

- Levy - some of the plays he made in the 4th qtr albeit on a drive where STL took the lead were impressive. hadnt seen that kind of explosive speed from him in quite a while

- Durant and Tulloch - all over the field

- Coleman - solid in run support

- Secondary in general held up but Bradford missed some wideopen WRs who had majorly burned us.

- Ben Graham - excellent game punting.

- DL need to get some more pressure. They got the 3 sacks and were good vs the run but Bradford had a lot of time.

- K Smith - good game but work on the hands

- OL had some massive push at times

September 9th, 2012, 7:21 pm
RIP Killer

We are a game up on the Pack!

September 9th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The Legend wrote:
- Burleson - some huge catches, thats why we have him.

A lot of good observations and must completely agree with this in particular. Burleson made the two toughest catches of the day, both in heavy traffic and both for 1st downs.

September 9th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
- Titus Young - still a punk. talented but i think we ll see broyles pass him at some point this season.
what did he do?

September 9th, 2012, 8:25 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
what did he do?

Shoved Janoris Jenkins for 15 yards.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 9th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next