View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Rams 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Rams
That wasn't exactly the 34 - 13 prediction I had , BUT Stafford again managed to cause a near heart failure for me as he has done through out his short career. I am just so glad we have him.

Real test is next week, and if Stafford isn't 100 percent surgical, we are not going to do any better than the packers. Harbuagh did a great job of setting the tone early. Green bay wanted to start fast and he had pulled out all the stops to slow the game down, kinda dirty, but it worked including the challenge (just to set the tone). Hope Shwartz doesn't bring a knife to a gun fight - and forget about a handshake.

September 9th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I cant seem to find WJB's post about the Lions needing to dump Stafford. Cuz I KNOW its gotta be around here somewhere.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 9th, 2012, 8:38 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Ferris wrote:
Real test is next week, and if Stafford isn't 100 percent surgical, we are not going to do any better than the packers. Harbuagh did a great job of setting the tone early. Green bay wanted to start fast and he had pulled out all the stops to slow the game down, kinda dirty, but it worked including the challenge (just to set the tone). Hope Shwartz doesn't bring a knife to a gun fight - and forget about a handshake.

This right here!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 9th, 2012, 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

WE NEED TO START OFF HOT VS S.F. THEY ARE'NT USED TO PLAYING FROM BEHIND.

September 9th, 2012, 9:29 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
WE NEED TO START OFF HOT VS S.F. THEY ARE'NT USED TO PLAYING FROM BEHIND.

Agree. I CAN NOT STAND Jim Harbaugh and want this Lions offense to embarrass that whiny little girl.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

September 9th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Can't really judge the Lions from this game. The rams are absolutely terrible, will be vying for the #1 pick with the Bills.

Run defense looked good but again, can't say with certainty.

Hopefully Stafford got that out of his system. Every great QB has a bad game once in a while.

September 9th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

Pablo wrote:
We are a game up on the Pack!

Heh heh. Enjoy it while it lasts. If the 49ers play as well as they did today at home next week, we'll soon join the Pack. The Lions are going to need to bring their A game next week. Let's hope the 49ers are ready for an after Packer-bashing let down.

September 10th, 2012, 12:09 am
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
Can't really judge the Lions from this game. The rams are absolutely terrible, will be vying for the #1 pick with the Bills.

Run defense looked good but again, can't say with certainty.

Hopefully Stafford got that out of his system. Every great QB has a bad game once in a while.

The Rams aren't that bad. They won't be looking at a #1 pick, guaranteed. However, they'll probably be picking top ten.

The Lions better have a better plan and preparation going to SF next week if they even want to make it competitive. The team seemed lethargic and at times confused against St. Louis. That won't fly against the 49ers, who seemed very well prepared against the Packers.

September 10th, 2012, 8:27 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Apparently Bentley came back to the sidelines after going to the locker room, which is a violation of the "Madden Rule" if he actually had a concussion. I wonder if they violated the rule or if they checked him out and the results were negative.

September 10th, 2012, 9:41 am
Player of the Year - Defense

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Apparently Bentley came back to the sidelines after going to the locker room, which is a violation of the "Madden Rule" if he actually had a concussion. I wonder if they violated the rule or if they checked him out and the results were negative.

He had symptoms, but he tweeted after the game he's fine and everything's ok. The new rules make them take out anyone with symptoms and check them, so hopefully he'll be back at practice tomorrow and playing next week.

September 10th, 2012, 10:51 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

So awesome:

September 10th, 2012, 12:06 pm
Modmin Dude

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Suh awesome:

Fixed :wink:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Suhhhhhh

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 10th, 2012, 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

My brother and I were watching it together yesterday and we were talking about that play. Basically, you KNOW you are strong when you can push a block away with one hand and grab (and hold!) a running back, especially one as strong as Steven Jackson, and take him out of the play. Great game by Suh.

Did anyone see Suh's sack where Bradford saw him coming and he basically (and u cant blame him) thought "Oh Crap" and ducked down to the ground!!

Need another solid game from you next week Suh.

September 10th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Junior Varsity

Lions were lucky to win, although Stafford gave them a few gifts. I don't think we are that much better than the Rams, if at all, based on yesterday's performance. We better hope the Rams aren't picking # 1 overall, cause we will be picking #2.
49ers will pound us into the ground. They got better over the year, we did not.

September 10th, 2012, 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next