View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 49ers 
Fair Weather Fan

Post 49ers
Tuff game for you guys on the road easy win for us :cheers:

September 9th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: 49ers
When the Lions offense is clicking its literally not stopable.

I don't expect the Lions to win, but I think they have a decent chance.

September 9th, 2012, 11:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

5x49er wrote:
Tuff game for you guys on the road easy win for us :cheers:

welcome to lionbacker, i hope your not a doosh. the game will be a tought one but if our QB comes to play, you guys wont be able to keep up. 9ers gotta be the favorite right now tho

September 10th, 2012, 12:24 am
Team MVP

KillWill- Hes definitily a douche, listen to how he sounds. Plus hes a Niners fan. Go home.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 10th, 2012, 8:33 am

Getting very excited about this game. We have a lot of great pieces--our run defense looks much more stout than last year, for example. But if Jonte Green plays, we might as well chock this up as a loss.

September 10th, 2012, 8:37 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Getting very excited about this game. We have a lot of great pieces--our run defense looks much more stout than last year, for example. But if Jonte Green plays, we might as well chock this up as a loss.

This. This is EXACTLY why the Lions made a mistake in releasing Justin Miller and keeping Green. I don't think any other team would have claimed Green if they had waived him. He is the second coming of Travis Fisher....run with the guy but NEVER TURN YOUR FREAKIN' HEAD AROUND to find the ball!!

Green has not progressed one iota in his pass coverage ability since the first pre-season game. In fact, I would go so far as to say he's regressed. Justin Miller may not have his size, but Miller would have at least known enough to turn around and find the ball.

Hopefully Drayton Florence will be up to par with the defensive scheme and can force Green to the bench.

September 10th, 2012, 8:50 am

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

This. This is EXACTLY why the Lions made a mistake in releasing Justin Miller and keeping Green. I don't think any other team would have claimed Green if they had waived him. He is the second coming of Travis Fisher....run with the guy but NEVER TURN YOUR FREAKIN' HEAD AROUND to find the ball!!

Green has not progressed one iota in his pass coverage ability since the first pre-season game. In fact, I would go so far as to say he's regressed. Justin Miller may not have his size, but Miller would have at least known enough to turn around and find the ball.

Hopefully Drayton Florence will be up to par with the defensive scheme and can force Green to the bench.

My hope is that they were (wrongly) underestimating St. Louis, and sat Houston with the intention of getting him ready for SF.

September 10th, 2012, 8:53 am
Team MVP

I was thinking the same thing Lomas. Hopefully Houston is back this week. Gonna need him.

I tell ya, the Lions better stay disciplined in their gap assignments, cuz Gore looked pretty darn quick yesterday and one guy out of place could be big gains for Gore and the Niners.

Suh, Fairley, and Williams (AND Hill) each had good games yesterday, definitily gonna need that to continue.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 10th, 2012, 9:31 am
Pro Bowl Player

The Lions looked past the Rams to this game IMO. This game is the closest thing the Lions will have to a superbowl this season. I expect the game to come down to a couple things.

1. Can the Lions keep the 49er's rushing attack under 100 yards? last year they had 203 yards rushing. AND If they can this forces Alex Smith to throw more, which is a good thing if the pass rush can get off on him like they did last year. Smith passed for 111 yards last year.

2. Can Matthew Stafford be more surgical? last year he was 28/50 for 293 yards. And can the Lions Oline protect him better? 5 sacks and 11 QB hits last year

The Lions match up very well against the 49er's, but we will need to get Houston and Delmas back, and get a better effort from the run game than we seen last year. Really liked the package where they brought in Riley Reiff as a TE, with Joique Bell. Would like to see more of those creative sets.

Go Lions

September 10th, 2012, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
kdsberman wrote:
KillWill- Hes definitily a douche, listen to how he sounds. Plus hes a Niners fan. Go home.

What the f is up with his username?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 10th, 2012, 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Lions2SB2 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

49er 5x Super Bowl champs would be my guess

September 10th, 2012, 11:48 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
TheRealWags wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

49er 5x Super Bowl champs would be my guess

Makes sense I guess.. anyways, Lions will give them a run for there money.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 10th, 2012, 11:54 am
Profile WWW

Ferris wrote:
The Lions looked past the Rams to this game IMO. This game is the closest thing the Lions will have to a superbowl this season. I expect the game to come down to a couple things.

1. Can the Lions keep the 49er's rushing attack under 100 yards? last year they had 203 yards rushing. AND If they can this forces Alex Smith to throw more, which is a good thing if the pass rush can get off on him like they did last year. Smith passed for 111 yards last year.

2. Can Matthew Stafford be more surgical? last year he was 28/50 for 293 yards. And can the Lions Oline protect him better? 5 sacks and 11 QB hits last year

The Lions match up very well against the 49er's, but we will need to get Houston and Delmas back, and get a better effort from the run game than we seen last year. Really liked the package where they brought in Riley Reiff as a TE, with Joique Bell. Would like to see more of those creative sets.

Go Lions

3. Do not have Bobby Carpenter on the field in a crucial 4th and goal situation.

I agree with what you say and I did'nt realize the stats were that lopsided but when you break it down like that, I'm a little encouraged that the game was so close. Stafford needs to bring his A game though. We need to get TDs not Fgs

September 10th, 2012, 12:31 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Killwill25 wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Go Lions

3. Do not have Bobby Carpenter on the field in a crucial 4th and goal situation.

I agree with what you say and I did'nt realize the stats were that lopsided but when you break it down like that, I'm a little encouraged that the game was so close. Stafford needs to bring his A game though. We need to get TDs not Fgs

Our Oline has been pass protecting much better, and SF's weakness is spreading them out. GB couldn't because their Oline didn't get Rodgers any time. He couldn't get deep. I can't believe i'm saying this, but we're better suited to pass protect than GB was against SF. If they bring the TE closer to chip the ends, Stafford should be able to find the holes as long as he's on target better than yesterday and we minimize the drops. Another thing I never thought I'd say is we're stronger at LB then GB in pass protection and against the run. Them starting a rookie at LB is going to hurt them this year. That's a bigger hole in GB's defense than they needed when trying to improve on 32nd.

I just don't see the blowout many are predicting. It's a winnable game.

September 10th, 2012, 12:49 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Line = 6.5 points
njroar wrote:
I just don't see the blowout many are predicting. It's a winnable game.

I agree! I don't see this as a blowout game either. It's certainly winnable.

The early Vegas line has San Francisco favored by 6.5 points.

September 10th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next