View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 49ers 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: 49ers
TIME TO BREAK OUT THE MOVIE TRAILER AGAIN!!!!!

September 10th, 2012, 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Nothing is a lock in the NFL, but your offense has been stopped before and it's not uncommon. Seems like every time we play an offensive powerhouse the fans and the pundits go on and on but how Alex can't keep up with this offense. Let's not forget there are three sides to this game. Everybody likes to say our defense and ST is good but nobody says our D is unbeatable yet it continues to shut everybody down.

And when asked to keep up with the leagues best Alex HAS stepped up to the plate and won... One of them being you guys last year. Alex won't put up 300 yards 4tds because he's not asked to and doesn't have to. It's a different style of game, that is all. The nfl has become so pass happy I think everybody thinks our style of ball is inferior. Then act surprised when we beat teams like the packers and saints... I called niner wins in both games. In all honesty the only teams I'm concerned about are our divisional opponents.

I'm gonna try and keep in mind that I'm on an opponents forum and refrain from stepping out of line, but some comments irk me. You guys obviously know your team better than me, so if anything I said is wrong let me know I'll be happy to debate football.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

modninerfan wrote:
Nothing is a lock in the NFL, but your offense has been stopped before and it's not uncommon. Seems like every time we play an offensive powerhouse the fans and the pundits go on and on but how Alex can't keep up with this offense. Let's not forget there are three sides to this game. Everybody likes to say our defense and ST is good but nobody says our D is unbeatable yet it continues to shut everybody down.

And when asked to keep up with the leagues best Alex HAS stepped up to the plate and won... One of them being you guys last year. Alex won't put up 300 yards 4tds because he's not asked to and doesn't have to. It's a different style of game, that is all. The nfl has become so pass happy I think everybody thinks our style of ball is inferior. Then act surprised when we beat teams like the packers and saints... I called niner wins in both games. In all honesty the only teams I'm concerned about are our divisional opponents.

I'm gonna try and keep in mind that I'm on an opponents forum and refrain from stepping out of line, but some comments irk me. You guys obviously know your team better than me, so if anything I said is wrong let me know I'll be happy to debate football.

Hey ill admit, the Niners have surprised me. Alex Smith does get it done. But what I find odd, and somewhat insulting to teams like the Lions, is you find your divisional opponents the most concerning? The Niners are in such a weak division its insane. You mean to tell me the Rams, Cardinals, and Seahawks make you shake in your boots?

But hey, i suppose if the Niners keep winning, you probably have the right to say whatever you want.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 10th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

kdsberman wrote:
modninerfan wrote:

Hey ill admit, the Niners have surprised me. Alex Smith does get it done. But what I find odd, and somewhat insulting to teams like the Lions, is you find your divisional opponents the most concerning? The Niners are in such a weak division its insane. You mean to tell me the Rams, Cardinals, and Seahawks make you shake in your boots?

But hey, i suppose if the Niners keep winning, you probably have the right to say whatever you want.

No insult intended, I believe the best matchup against us is a good all around defense. If you have a weak D, or a D that has a noticeable weakness such as yours I think the niners are gonna beat you 9/10. Outside of your line the only player that concerns me is Delmas. I don't think the rams are to be feared, but divisional opponents just know us, the are familiar with us. Playing in Seattle is never a lock with that home field advantage, and both teams have good overall defenses with good players in each group (DL, LB, DB's).

In our 4 losses under harbaugh our D fudge up once, the other losses were because of very sold defensiver performances by cardinals, Ravens, and Giants (although giants loss could be a result of them exposing our injured players replacements, something the saints failed to do)

You guys have a good team with a very good passing attack and a very good D line, it's not impossible for you guys to beat us, or win a championship. But as far as matchups go, I think the odds are well in our favor. A difficult win against the rams for you will probably be easy for us. You guys might beat the cardinals handily while we might struggle to beat them in AZ

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 10th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

modninerfan wrote:

You haven't said anything wrong at all. And no defense is unbeatable. You didn't shut down NO, you gave up 32 points. NO commited 5 turnovers. You guys fumbled 3 times, but only lost 1. Most teams with a 4-1 turnover ratio should win. Now i'm not saying I'm not crediting your D with those turnovers, but it's equally mistakes on their part. Fumbles are a matter of lucky bounces with recoveries. You deserved that win, but beating them doesn't make you unbeatable by any measure.

As for GB, yes you did shut them down. Everyone has questioned their OL for the last few years. Rodgers usually has enough time to keep up the pass attack, but your DL didn't give them any time. 22 points wasn't enough to mask their defense. They still have no real pass rush, the middle LB is a rookie and hurt them bad, especially on the Moss TD. That rookie LB also hurts in the rushing game, which is where you really killed them.

If you remember, that's where you killed us too. Take away Gore's 141 yards, and I don't think you're in the position to win on 4th down. But last year's game is the past. You guys won and I congratulated you and the other forum posters that came over. But I think you'll find our run D a little tougher this year. Our DL is healthy and we'll have our full rotation this time. Lojack was hurt and didn't play much, Fairley didn't play and Willie Young was out with a groin injury. Everyone should be fresh. As for our offense, with the 2 TE, 3 receiver set, if you double Calvin, everyone else is in single coverage. I'll take that all day, and I trust our OL more than I trust GB's.

SF definitely has the most complete defense in the NFL. I don't think anyone would argue with that. I don't think your offense is subpar either. I think you have weapons, you just have a different style of offense than Det, GB and NO, etc.. I think Sundays game is going to be intense. If both teams bring their best, I think it'll come down to late game heroics by one side or the other again. Our defense isn't a pushover and you have the running game and TE that have given us fits in the past. We'll see if we fixed that. Our offense has the ability to offset your defense too, so we'll see how they execute this week.

Regardless, it's going to be a fun game :)

September 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Varsity Captain

kdsberman wrote:
But what I find odd, and somewhat insulting to teams like the Lions, is you find your divisional opponents the most concerning? The Niners are in such a weak division its insane. You mean to tell me the Rams, Cardinals, and Seahawks make you shake in your boots?

Division opponents are always the hardest to beat. You guys barely beat the Rams you know, and we gotta play them twice a year. That means they are that much more prepared this year to play us than they were against you. They know us inside and out. The Cardinals and Seahawks HATE us with a passion. They elevate their game 10-fold when they play us. We were flat-out dominated in one of our losses last year, and that was to the Cardinals.

I'm much more scared of an away game vs the Seahawks than I was vs the Packers. Dead honest. I made the comment last year that I thought we would easily beat the Steelers at home, but lose to the Seahawks away, and that nearly happened.

Anyway, I'm going back to hating the Lions now. Screw Schwartz.... I got nothing else... I like Stafford and CJ and Kevin Smith... I do hate Schwartz though.

And I've been with you guys for a full year now. It's the only other team forum I frequently visit. I like it here and the Lions fans are nice & classy. If some idiot Niner fan joins this forum to post smack (like the OP just did), you have my full support to rail on him. That's not cool, and does not accurately represent the 49er fan-base at all.

September 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Lol I have to 2nd 49ers comments, this is the only other forum I actually joined, no idea why I stuck around either.

I think it comes down to detroits d line more than anything else. If they can control our line then they'll have us. Alex can get a little frantic, usually we can counter that with a good running game, I still expect 150 yards rushing between hunter and Gore though. If we don't get that it means Detroit is stacking the box on us which means Alex should be able to pass with ease. If I were the lions my plan of attack would be to control our oline with as few as people as possible and run on us. Seattle nearly beat us by not giving up on the running game no matter what. What makes our D so formidable is that we can control opponents O line with just 4 guys leaving everybody else to cover the pass. I'm excited for this game, I haven't been to a game since the saints playoff game, I have a gut feeling the Stick will be rocking like last year... The fans are pumped after the GB game.

September 10th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

No outdoor crowd is gonna match a dome crowd though. It can't trap the noise like Metrodome or Superdome. Your fans have every right to be loud though. Your team is finally back in relevance and its a good thing for the league.

September 11th, 2012, 12:52 am
Fair Weather Fan

What the f is up with his username?[/quote]49er 5x Super Bowl champs would be my guess[/quote]

You are correct sir

September 11th, 2012, 1:01 am
Butkus Award Winner

modninerfan wrote:
Lol I have to 2nd 49ers comments, this is the only other forum I actually joined, no idea why I stuck around either.

I think it comes down to detroits d line more than anything else. If they can control our line then they'll have us. Alex can get a little frantic, usually we can counter that with a good running game, I still expect 150 yards rushing between hunter and Gore though. If we don't get that it means Detroit is stacking the box on us which means Alex should be able to pass with ease. If I were the lions my plan of attack would be to control our oline with as few as people as possible and run on us. Seattle nearly beat us by not giving up on the running game no matter what. What makes our D so formidable is that we can control opponents O line with just 4 guys leaving everybody else to cover the pass. I'm excited for this game, I haven't been to a game since the saints playoff game, I have a gut feeling the Stick will be rocking like last year... The fans are pumped after the GB game.

100% true. We need to blitz as rarely as possible and trust our LBs to make tackles. Remember, in last year's game Smith threw a pick solely because of all the pressure he was getting. And about the Rams game, it would've been a blowout with them scoring 3-13 points if Stafford didn't throw those picks in the red zone and that ugly pick 6. IMO, that happened because of a lack of preparedness. This game is what lots of Lions were overlooking the Rams because of.

If Lions get steady pressure and total 3+ sacks, we win 23-20.
If not and the 9er offense can run with relative ease, we have no chance.

September 11th, 2012, 6:44 am
Butkus Award Winner

modninerfan wrote:

100% true. We need to blitz as rarely as possible and trust our LBs to make tackles. Remember, in last year's game Smith threw a pick solely because of all the pressure he was getting. And about the Rams game, it would've been a blowout with them scoring 3-13 points if Stafford didn't throw those picks in the red zone and that ugly pick 6. IMO, that happened because of a lack of preparedness. This game is what lots of Lions were overlooking the Rams because of.

If Lions get steady pressure and total 3+ sacks, we win 23-20.
If not and the 9er offense can run with relative ease, we have no chance.

September 11th, 2012, 6:44 am
QB Coach

What I find to be interesting is that through week 1 our Defense is questioned by the other teams. Let's get this straight. FISHER almost beat the Lions, his team executed according to his plan, but FISHER's knowledge of the offense, defense, style, tempo, and well documented players allowed him to get in the head of our team.

Our suspect DB's have actually improved from what I saw, our LB's improved and were able to stuff a run game against a very good RB in Jackson. Our D line got penetration, and really upset the tempo and stopped the Rams.

I think this will be a bruiser game, where both parties will walk away sore as all get out, and only one will win by sheer heroics. You have the advantage of home field and we have an advantage of revenge, but do not think for a moment that Week 1 is a precursor to what you'll see, or at least I hope not. I have to wonder if we overlooked the Rams and saw them as a cake walk that was on the way to the real game next Sunday, and it almost embarrassed the heck out of us.

I see this as been a pre-super bowl, because I don't think the NFL really has any two teams so closely related in skill and ability that will come to play. This is like watching the two nastiest bullies on the block from opposite sides coming to handle their business, and we fans are gonna be entertained, I can assure you that. I just hope it's clean! INCLUDING the banter.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 11th, 2012, 9:07 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
That Rams/Lions game is very misleading actually. Stafford had 3 picks, one in the redzone, one for pick 6.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I see this as been a pre-super bowl, because I don't think the NFL really has any two teams so closely related in skill and ability that will come to play. This is like watching the two nastiest bullies on the block from opposite sides coming to handle their business, and we fans are gonna be entertained, I can assure you that. I just hope it's clean! INCLUDING the banter.

Hate to say it but I am more afraid of Lions not playing clean more then 49ers.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 11th, 2012, 11:07 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:
Division opponents are always the hardest to beat. You guys barely beat the Rams you know, and we gotta play them twice a year. That means they are that much more prepared this year to play us than they were against you. They know us inside and out. The Cardinals and Seahawks HATE us with a passion. They elevate their game 10-fold when they play us. We were flat-out dominated in one of our losses last year, and that was to the Cardinals.

Division opponents are hard to beat only because they know each other so well. As for us 'barely' beating the Rams....only on the scoreboard. The Lions dominated that team all day long. Only one Lion kept it close (Matt Stafford), and in the end, he made up for it. The Rams scheme on defense was very good. But I don't think they took into account that maybe, just maybe, we would run the ball relatively well against them.

49ers wrote:
I'm much more scared of an away game vs the Seahawks than I was vs the Packers. Dead honest. I made the comment last year that I thought we would easily beat the Steelers at home, but lose to the Seahawks away, and that nearly happened.

Which goes to show that the term 'any given Sunday' is accurate. If you look at the teams in your division, they are doormats to the rest of the NFL, pretty much. There's no denying that. Now look at our division and tell me if you can say the same thing. Not. Even. Close. Minnesota...yes. Chicago and Green Bay? Considered among the ten top teams in the entire league.

49ers wrote:
Anyway, I'm going back to hating the Lions now. Screw Schwartz.... I got nothing else... I like Stafford and CJ and Kevin Smith... I do hate Schwartz though.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. As much as you hate Schwartz, we despise Harbaugh. But both of them are the type of coaches that, if they were coaching your team you love them. If not, you hate them.

49ers wrote:
And I've been with you guys for a full year now. It's the only other team forum I frequently visit. I like it here and the Lions fans are nice & classy. If some idiot Niner fan joins this forum to post smack (like the OP just did), you have my full support to rail on him. That's not cool, and does not accurately represent the 49er fan-base at all.

Much appreciated, and right back at you. There are some classless Lions fans out there who got a little bit too worked up over our playoff berth last season. We still have work to do, and playing against SF this weekend will be a really good gauge for our team to know just how far they've come. Hopefully there is no extra curricular activity between the coaches, and it's a hard fought game with little to no injuries for either side.

September 11th, 2012, 12:19 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Lions2SB2 wrote:
That Rams/Lions game is very misleading actually. Stafford had 3 picks, one in the redzone, one for pick 6.

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Hate to say it but I am more afraid of Lions not playing clean more then 49ers.

It wouldnt surprise me... Lions have a lot of hot headed players. I think the coaches are past the hand shake incident, more so than the players and fans. I do believe both want to kick the poop out of each other on the field though. I'm hoping nothing escalates to the point of penalties or expulsion. I'm surprised nothing happened to Perrish Cox and Jermichael Finley, for those that didnt see the game Cox got a PI on Finley, Finley gets up and starts walking on top of Cox, Cox grabbed his leg, flipped him and stepped on his ankle in retaliation. Finley had me cracking up while he tried to pull a soccer move and act out in pain lol.

September 11th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next