View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 49ers 
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: 49ers
modninerfan wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
That Rams/Lions game is very misleading actually. Stafford had 3 picks, one in the redzone, one for pick 6.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I see this as been a pre-super bowl, because I don't think the NFL really has any two teams so closely related in skill and ability that will come to play. This is like watching the two nastiest bullies on the block from opposite sides coming to handle their business, and we fans are gonna be entertained, I can assure you that. I just hope it's clean! INCLUDING the banter.

Hate to say it but I am more afraid of Lions not playing clean more then 49ers.

It wouldnt surprise me... Lions have a lot of hot headed players. I think the coaches are past the hand shake incident, more so than the players and fans. I do believe both want to kick the poop out of each other on the field though. I'm hoping nothing escalates to the point of penalties or expulsion. I'm surprised nothing happened to Perrish Cox and Jermichael Finley, for those that didnt see the game Cox got a PI on Finley, Finley gets up and starts walking on top of Cox, Cox grabbed his leg, flipped him and stepped on his ankle in retaliation. Finley had me cracking up while he tried to pull a soccer move and act out in pain lol.

I thought Finley deserved it...

I'm looking forward to this game... Last year, you guys looked at us as a measuring stick... That's how I am looking at this game...

I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours... It's time for them to step up and play like they're paid and their reputation... If they do, you guys are going to have your hands full... If they don't, we're in trouble... Makes for an interesting matchup for sure...

September 12th, 2012, 12:26 am
Pro Bowl Player

Murtyle wrote:
I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours... It's time for them to step up and play like they're paid and their reputation... If they do, you guys are going to have your hands full... If they don't, we're in trouble... Makes for an interesting matchup for sure...

This

September 12th, 2012, 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I think an underlying story here will be Moss Vs. Johnson. Burleson is always saying if he could have either he'd take Johnson. I think the better point here is I'd take Stafford over A. Smith anyday!!

September 12th, 2012, 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

Ferris wrote:
Murtyle wrote:
[color=#FF0000]I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours... [/color]It's time for them to step up and play like they're paid and their reputation... If they do, you guys are going to have your hands full... If they don't, we're in trouble... Makes for an interesting matchup for sure...

This

LOL

We HAD the most Pro Bowlers of any team 11

the 9ers are loaded top to bottom our back ups would start on your team

The loins have 1 Super star CJ and he is Special but thats it .

September 12th, 2012, 2:30 am
Rookie Player of the Year

If the Lions line up in mostly the wide 9 like they did against the 49ers last year Gore will likely have a big day again and the Lions will lose. Lets also not forget that Hanson missed that FG at the end of the 2nd quarter that set up the 49ers for a FG. That was a 6 point swing right there. With that said I don't like the match up of the Lions LBs and Ss versus the 9ers O-line, Gore, and Davis.

September 12th, 2012, 8:15 am
Mr. Irrelevant

5x49er wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Murtyle wrote:
[color=#FF0000]I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours... [/color]It's time for them to step up and play like they're paid and their reputation... If they do, you guys are going to have your hands full... If they don't, we're in trouble... Makes for an interesting matchup for sure...

This

LOL

I know its tough for people to keep up with Detroit and since our only Pro Bowler was CJ last year its especially hard for everyday fans so I'll give you a pass for now.... Hopefully you'll receive an education Sunday night...

September 12th, 2012, 8:21 am
Mr. Irrelevant

sweetd20 wrote:
If the Lions line up in mostly the wide 9 like they did against the 49ers last year Gore will likely have a big day again and the Lions will lose. Lets also not forget that Hanson missed that FG at the end of the 2nd quarter that set up the 49ers for a FG. That was a 6 point swing right there. With that said I don't like the match up of the Lions LBs and Ss versus the 9ers O-line, Gore, and Davis.

I'm more worried about the secondary...

September 12th, 2012, 8:32 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

5x49er wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Murtyle wrote:

This

LOL

wow really?
Cj? thats it?

I guess you dont get much in the line of current news, but that stafford guy is pretty good. Pettigrew was one of the top T.E. last year.. If only we a good guy on our d-line that someone has heard of.... ](*,) #-o

September 12th, 2012, 9:29 am
Modmin Dude

Remember this: http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2011/10/1 ... 9ers-lions

Its going to be a good game :idea: :arrow:

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

September 12th, 2012, 10:26 am
RIP Killer

I'd like to hear the stats of team based in the Eastern timezone heading out west for a late Sunday/Monday night game. I've gotta think the road teams don't fare all that well.

September 12th, 2012, 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
I'd like to hear the stats of team based in the Eastern timezone heading out west for a late Sunday/Monday night game. I've gotta think the road teams don't fare all that well.
I've heard that teams traveling to the opposite coast usually don't fare well during the regular scheduled games, but not sure on Sun / Mon / Thurs night games. You'd think that being a night game, they'd have more time to adjust....maybe travel on Thurs / Fri to allow for adjustments / acclimation...

September 12th, 2012, 10:47 am
Varsity Captain

Murtyle wrote:
I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours.

Whoa... I don't think so. I don't think it's even close. QB and WR, advantage Lions. Pretty much everything else, advantage 49ers.

September 12th, 2012, 12:32 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

49ers wrote:
Murtyle wrote:
I think if you asked most people if they'd rather have our stars or your stars, they'd take ours.

Whoa... I don't think so. I don't think it's even close. QB and WR, advantage Lions. Pretty much everything else, advantage 49ers.

Throw in defense line too and I'll agree with you. I think we have a slight edge on you there as well. other than that, I'd KILL for your defense and RB situation.

September 12th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:
Remember this: http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2011/10/1 ... 9ers-lions

Its going to be a good game :idea: :arrow:

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

Man, I hope Cliff or whoever plays DE on Anthony Davis' side gives him the business.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 12th, 2012, 12:46 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

49ers wrote:
Murtyle wrote:

Really? You have the choice of 49ers Dline and the Lions Dline and you're taking the 49ers? Doubt it... You'd be a fool...

49ers are a more rounded team and that is what I am getting at... The Lions are built to be dominant up front on defense and score quickly through the air on offense... We have all of our resources tied up in those 2 areas... If those players in those areas perform like they're supposed to, like what the designers of this team intended, then regardless of how balanced of a team the 49ers are, it simply won't matter... They're supposed to be THAT dominant... If they aren't then SF wins all day...

September 12th, 2012, 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next