View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 49ers 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: 49ers
Another thing to remember about last season's game, was we were missing Justin Durant. Bobby Carpenter isn't Durant, and it was him that dropped deep that allowed that 4th down pass for the win. I like our LB corps much better with a healthy unit this year. Your LBs are still better, but I think our unit healthy isn't going to give up 140 on the ground this year. It's not going to be a cakewalk for either team.

September 12th, 2012, 9:55 pm
Fair Weather Fan

kdsberman wrote:
49ers wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
5x49er wrote:
take away Calvin and you have nothing but we will see is it sunday yet :arrow:
Yup, this guy has just confirmed he knows nothing about football. Nothing. These are the kinds of people Id like to have a one on one conversation with on the phone, that way when I ask them a football related question, they dont have all sorts of time to look up the answer like they can on a message board.

Should I search all the "stop Frank Gore and the 49ers have nothing" comments that this forum posted last year? :P

Hey we make inaccurate predictions too. Just ask how many of us said that drafting Aaron Curry in 2009 would do this team better than drafting Stafford.

Those comments last year were before the Niners got Moss, Manningham, Jacobs, etc. And before another full year of the Niners putting together a good offense. I would still say last year that if they stop Gore, they have a good chance. Things are different this year. Much different. But this 5x49er guy SHOULD know what the offense is capable of, even without Calvin, yet he still posts BS like that. Thats all im sayin.

Calvin Johnson will get his yards. He had over 100 vs us last year. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he does that again. The man is a beast, period. But other than that, your offense doesn't really scare me. Titus Young, Nate Burleson, and Pettigrew are good players, but overall, your WR core isn't as good as GB and our secondary contained them. Now, DET front 4 is better than GB with 3 studs (Suh, Fairley, and Vanden Bosh). Our O-line will have some trouble, but those guys aren't great at run defense, so I see a big running day with PA passing.

September 12th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Fair Weather Fan

njroar wrote:
Another thing to remember about last season's game, was we were missing Justin Durant. Bobby Carpenter isn't Durant, and it was him that dropped deep that allowed that 4th down pass for the win. I like our LB corps much better with a healthy unit this year. Your LBs are still better, but I think our unit healthy isn't going to give up 140 on the ground this year. It's not going to be a cakewalk for either team.

one fact remains is your D is the exact same as it was last year. Your LB's is not that good may be the weakest part of your team.

The fact remains offensively and defensivly the lions are the same you are very similar to the packers but you dont have an elite QB like rodgers whereas your offense is centered around megatron. Stopping an elite WR is much easier than stopping an elite QB with an aresonal of weapons. The gameplan will be almost the same except megatron will be doubled.

As for the lions D and our O you middle of the field is extremelly weak your LB are not athlethic enough to keep up with our TE's and frankly you have mismatches all over.

September 12th, 2012, 10:21 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I think that Stafford has proven several times already that he can spread the ball around. We don't need Calvin strictly to catch the ball. He also serves as an effective decoy and he does a great job blocking downfield. Stafford has very good vision and accuracy and Calvin opens up the field for Stafford to use it. It's not like every play is a 20 yard pass to Megatron. Does he play a HUGE role in our offense. Yeah, he does. But he is not the entirety of our offense. He is far from the only piece.

September 12th, 2012, 10:36 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

5x49er wrote:
njroar wrote:

one fact remains is your D is the exact same as it was last year. Your LB's is not that good may be the weakest part of your team.

The fact remains offensively and defensivly the lions are the same you are very similar to the packers but you dont have an elite QB like rodgers whereas your offense is centered around megatron. Stopping an elite WR is much easier than stopping an elite QB with an aresonal of weapons. The gameplan will be almost the same except megatron will be doubled.

As for the lions D and our O you middle of the field is extremelly weak your LB are not athlethic enough to keep up with our TE's and frankly you have mismatches all over.

Stafford threw for 5000 yards. CJ got 1700 of them. Arithmetic.

September 12th, 2012, 10:45 pm
Varsity Captain

njroar wrote:
Stafford threw for 5000 yards. CJ got 1700 of them. Arithmetic.
49ers wrote:
non-Lions fans see your team as one-dimensional through 1 player (CJ) the same way non-49er fans see our team with Gore... (we all) know that to be incorrect

See? It's going to happen, like it or not.

I wonder how many other WRs have roughly 33% of their QBs passing yards last year.

Just looked it up: Cruz was near 33%. As was Wes Welker. Steve Smith too. Actually, lots of WRs were. Larry Fitzgerald was over 40% with his two QBs.

So if CJ = All of Lions offense, then it would be the same for just about every other team in the league and their #1 WR as well.

Stopping CJ != Stopping the Lions. (!= means "does not equal"... for you non-coding homosapians).

September 12th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Geez, Given the escalation between the 49er's guys and the Lions fans I'd say we are about to play some football.

Sunday at the Stick I won't be but a spectator to a game I've been dying to see for a year now.

All I know is Alex smith is a little league team, Matthew Stafford is the New York Yankees. Alex Smith is the tebid off brand generic soda, and Matthew stafford is the classic Coke! I'm going with Classic coke (and Yes I stole that line from Breaking Bad).

Down 24 points in the second half, I still like our chances. All the stats, accolades, and records in Lions history are all but out the window, yet so many people worry that Stafford can't deliver. I don't think the Lions can beat the 49er's on Sunday, I think Stafford can.

I am willing to eat crow if need be and if Alex Smith were comparable to a Joe Montana, I'd be worried. But I think he is more comparable to Joey Harrington. I would be more afraid of the 49er's with Jeff Garcia at the helm. Just sayin.

Go Lions!

September 13th, 2012, 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

49ers wrote:
Stopping CJ != Stopping the Lions. (!= means "does not equal"... for you non-coding homosapians).
LOL :shock: Is it wrong that I didn't need the translation? :nerd: :paranoid:

September 13th, 2012, 9:49 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
49ers wrote:
LOL :shock: Is it wrong that I didn't need the translation? :nerd: :paranoid:

I must confess........i did! #-o Im about as tech savy as a handicaped squirrel on Holiday in Amishland

September 13th, 2012, 9:56 am
All State

5x49er wrote:

The fact remains offensively and defensively the lions are the same you are very similar to the packers but you dont have an elite QB like rodgers whereas your offense is centered around megatron. Stopping an elite WR is much easier than stopping an elite QB with an aresonal of weapons. The gameplan will be almost the same except megatron will be doubled.

As for the lions D and our O you middle of the field is extremely weak your LB are not athletic enough to keep up with our TE's and frankly you have mismatches all over.

I'm not about to say that a full off-season can drastically change the quality of the D but I'm sure that a full off-season has HELPED our LB corps get more familiar with playing with each ohter and knowing and understanding the scheme. Both Tulloch and Durrant were playing for the Lions for the first time in 2011 and had no off-season program to learn the system or each other's tendancies on the field. Now they have had that experience. I expect them to take a step forward this year. They showed some of that against Steven Jackson already.

And Stafford is not elite? 5,038 yards and 41 TDs sure was a terrible season. If he had been healthy and performing to the same level he did last season for his entire career everyone would be considering him in the same tier as Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Manning. He has a cannon of an arm, he has the best WR in football to throw to and he can put the ball in a window that only CJ can catch it in, he has confidence in his abilities, he's able to shake off bad plays and keep pressing forward, and he's made some incredible comebacks to win games. Other then the afformentioned QBs there isn't a single QB in the league I'd rather have then Stafford.

September 13th, 2012, 10:05 am

DisgruntledFan wrote:
5x49er wrote:

The fact remains offensively and defensively the lions are the same you are very similar to the packers but you dont have an elite QB like rodgers whereas your offense is centered around megatron. Stopping an elite WR is much easier than stopping an elite QB with an aresonal of weapons. The gameplan will be almost the same except megatron will be doubled.

As for the lions D and our O you middle of the field is extremely weak your LB are not athletic enough to keep up with our TE's and frankly you have mismatches all over.

I'm not about to say that a full off-season can drastically change the quality of the D but I'm sure that a full off-season has HELPED our LB corps get more familiar with playing with each ohter and knowing and understanding the scheme. Both Tulloch and Durrant were playing for the Lions for the first time in 2011 and had no off-season program to learn the system or each other's tendancies on the field. Now they have had that experience. I expect them to take a step forward this year. They showed some of that against Steven Jackson already.

And Stafford is not elite? 5,038 yards and 41 TDs sure was a terrible season. If he had been healthy and performing to the same level he did last season for his entire career everyone would be considering him in the same tier as Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Manning. He has a cannon of an arm, he has the best WR in football to throw to and he can put the ball in a window that only CJ can catch it in, he has confidence in his abilities, he's able to shake off bad plays and keep pressing forward, and he's made some incredible comebacks to win games. Other then the afformentioned QBs there isn't a single QB in the league I'd rather have then Stafford.

your waisting your time Disgruntled. This guy knows about as much about foootball as I do about astrophysics.

im bumping him from "not a football guy" to "teenage loudmouth"

LB'r are the weak link on our team? They dont even rate as 3rd worst. Take Calvin out and our O stalls? Gee if it were that simple you'd think someone who gets paid to think like that would have done it by now...

He's one more "intelligent" post from being busted down to "neanderthal" IMO. judging from his posts his best skill is writing on the walls in crayon....

September 13th, 2012, 10:39 am
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:
5x49er wrote:

your waisting your time Disgruntled. This guy knows about as much about foootball as I do about astrophysics.

LB'r are the weak link on our team? They dont even rate as 3rd worst. Take Calvin out and our O stalls? Gee if it were that simple you'd think someone who gets paid to think like that would have done it by now...

He's one more "intelligent" post from being busted down to "neanderthal" IMO. judging from his posts his best skill is writing on the walls in crayon....

Well said, and I couldnt agree more. He has more than confirmed his lack of knowledge of the NFL. Maybe he can talk "49ers" talk, but he sure as hell cant talk "NFL", because he clearly doesnt know anything more than his own team.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 13th, 2012, 11:12 am
Modmin Dude

kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:
5x49er wrote:

Well said, and I couldnt agree more. He has more than confirmed his lack of knowledge of the NFL. Maybe he can talk "49ers" talk, but he sure as hell cant talk "NFL", because he clearly doesnt know anything more than his own team.
Or, just maybe, he's an opposing team's fan and he's just trying to talk smack (this IS the Smack Board forum, right?)........Looks like he's doing a pretty good job if you ask me :wink:

September 13th, 2012, 11:21 am
Pop Warner Rookie

Good god... Are any of you dudes on the 49ers fan forum? It's up to 126 pages now.

A cool stat I found is that stafford apparently has never beat a team with a winning record

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 13th, 2012, 11:33 am
Profile WWW

naw i dont wander to other boards as I myself dontt wanna look like yer buddy there 5X49.

But stafford beat Denver Last year...you dont make the playoffs with a losing record....unless you are in Seattle :wink:

September 13th, 2012, 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next