View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 6:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 49ers 
Author Message
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: 49ers
TheRealWags wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:
5x49er wrote:
one fact remains is your D is the exact same as it was last year. Your LB's is not that good may be the weakest part of your team.

The fact remains offensively and defensively the lions are the same you are very similar to the packers but you dont have an elite QB like rodgers whereas your offense is centered around megatron. Stopping an elite WR is much easier than stopping an elite QB with an aresonal of weapons. The gameplan will be almost the same except megatron will be doubled.

As for the lions D and our O you middle of the field is extremely weak your LB are not athletic enough to keep up with our TE's and frankly you have mismatches all over.


I'm not about to say that a full off-season can drastically change the quality of the D but I'm sure that a full off-season has HELPED our LB corps get more familiar with playing with each ohter and knowing and understanding the scheme. Both Tulloch and Durrant were playing for the Lions for the first time in 2011 and had no off-season program to learn the system or each other's tendancies on the field. Now they have had that experience. I expect them to take a step forward this year. They showed some of that against Steven Jackson already.

And Stafford is not elite? 5,038 yards and 41 TDs sure was a terrible season. If he had been healthy and performing to the same level he did last season for his entire career everyone would be considering him in the same tier as Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Manning. He has a cannon of an arm, he has the best WR in football to throw to and he can put the ball in a window that only CJ can catch it in, he has confidence in his abilities, he's able to shake off bad plays and keep pressing forward, and he's made some incredible comebacks to win games. Other then the afformentioned QBs there isn't a single QB in the league I'd rather have then Stafford.



your waisting your time Disgruntled. This guy knows about as much about foootball as I do about astrophysics.

im bumping him from "not a football guy" to "teenage loudmouth"

LB'r are the weak link on our team? They dont even rate as 3rd worst. Take Calvin out and our O stalls? Gee if it were that simple you'd think someone who gets paid to think like that would have done it by now...

He's one more "intelligent" post from being busted down to "neanderthal" IMO. judging from his posts his best skill is writing on the walls in crayon....


Well said, and I couldnt agree more. He has more than confirmed his lack of knowledge of the NFL. Maybe he can talk "49ers" talk, but he sure as hell cant talk "NFL", because he clearly doesnt know anything more than his own team.
Or, just maybe, he's an opposing team's fan and he's just trying to talk smack (this IS the Smack Board forum, right?)........Looks like he's doing a pretty good job if you ask me :wink:



A Wise man once said "tis better to let people think you a fool, than iopen your mouth and remove all doubt."

Smack talk is an art, and when attempted by people who dont know what they are talking about takes away the fun. You KNOW im a fan of smack talk...I revel in it! Thats not talking smack...he might as well just be saying "your mom" over and over again for all the thought he's put into it.


I know you'd like me to say nicer things, but i can't help it. a duck is a duck bro! I just can't call this one a swan! :wink:


September 13th, 2012, 12:06 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: 49ers
modninerfan wrote:
Good god... Are any of you dudes on the 49ers fan forum? It's up to 126 pages now.

A cool stat I found is that stafford apparently has never beat a team with a winning record


2011
Dallas Cowboys were 2-1 when we beat them last season? Oakland was 7-6 win we beat them?

San Diego was 7-7 (and Rivers was 24-3 in December) when we beat them? Bear's were 2-2 ... Stafford is the reason they didn't have a winning record.

2010
Washington Redskins were 4-3 when Stafford beat them.


That cool stat is apparently not fact checked.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


September 13th, 2012, 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: 49ers
Ferris wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Good god... Are any of you dudes on the 49ers fan forum? It's up to 126 pages now.

A cool stat I found is that stafford apparently has never beat a team with a winning record


2011
Dallas Cowboys were 2-1 when we beat them last season? Oakland was 7-6 win we beat them?

San Diego was 7-7 (and Rivers was 24-3 in December) when we beat them? Bear's were 2-2 ... Stafford is the reason they didn't have a winning record.

2010
Washington Redskins were 4-3 when Stafford beat them.


That cool stat is apparently not fact checked.



I believe they all finished their seasons with losing records, therefore they were losing teams.

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2713
Post Re: 49ers
modninerfan wrote:
Ferris wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Good god... Are any of you dudes on the 49ers fan forum? It's up to 126 pages now.

A cool stat I found is that stafford apparently has never beat a team with a winning record


2011
Dallas Cowboys were 2-1 when we beat them last season? Oakland was 7-6 win we beat them?

San Diego was 7-7 (and Rivers was 24-3 in December) when we beat them? Bear's were 2-2 ... Stafford is the reason they didn't have a winning record.

2010
Washington Redskins were 4-3 when Stafford beat them.


That cool stat is apparently not fact checked.



I believe they all finished their seasons with losing records, therefore they were losing teams.


Cowboys, Oakland, San Diego and the Bears were 8-8 at the end of the season. That isn't a losing season. It's not a winning season either, but it's still misleading.


September 13th, 2012, 1:40 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: 49ers
njroar wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Ferris wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Good god... Are any of you dudes on the 49ers fan forum? It's up to 126 pages now.

A cool stat I found is that stafford apparently has never beat a team with a winning record


2011
Dallas Cowboys were 2-1 when we beat them last season? Oakland was 7-6 win we beat them?

San Diego was 7-7 (and Rivers was 24-3 in December) when we beat them? Bear's were 2-2 ... Stafford is the reason they didn't have a winning record.

2010
Washington Redskins were 4-3 when Stafford beat them.


That cool stat is apparently not fact checked.



I believe they all finished their seasons with losing records, therefore they were losing teams.


Cowboys, Oakland, San Diego and the Bears were 8-8 at the end of the season. That isn't a losing season. It's not a winning season either, but it's still misleading.


Ah ok, well my "Losing team" comment can be disregarded, but the original statement still partially stands depending on how you interpret it.

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: 49ers
regularjoe12 wrote:
Well, in all fairness, we didn't prove that incorrect....we didn't exactly stop Gore :wink:


And we were still One Play away (or even a Bad Call some would say) from winning the game.

This year SF is a ton less one-dimensional, and are more balanced than the Lions. should be a GG.


September 13th, 2012, 2:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: 49ers
DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Well, in all fairness, we didn't prove that incorrect....we didn't exactly stop Gore :wink:


And we were still One Play away (or even a Bad Call some would say) from winning the game.

This year SF is a ton less one-dimensional, and are more balanced than the Lions. should be a GG.


I think for the most part, both teams have improved their weaknesses... the niners in the passing game and the Lions in the Run Defense game... I still think the lack of a run game and overall defense with be the downfall.

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: 49ers
I don't hold much store in what teams a quarterback beats or doesn't beat, because quarterbacks don't do it alone. Saying that Stafford didn't beat a winning team is equal to saying the Lions didn't beat a winning team, and that's not true. A win is a win. I don't see any fans of any NFL teams willing to give back wins because they came against rotten teams. If that were the case, the 49ers would have to give back their fair share from last year as well.

What it boils down to (in my opinion) is that fans of other teams just aren't accustomed to viewing the Lions in a winning light. It's always the same lame excuses ('they cheat', 'if not for Calvin', 'it was a fluke', etc.). They are having trouble adjusting to the idea that the Lions are realistic playoff contenders with a good, young core of players who will only improve. It scares them. And as such, they lash out in unreasonable fashion sometimes.

Ten wins don't come as a result of a fluke. One player doesn't save a team. And the Lions aren't cheaters. The fought hard to win their games, and were just a few seconds away from beating SF last season. But that doesn't matter for this weekend. Last season only mattered last season.

Too few people give credit to continuity on a football team. Returning 21 of 22 starters is looked at in a positive light for all levels of football other than the NFL. I don't understand why. It can't be measured, but it's of the utmost importance to be able to return the same people to the same scheme. Most of the time that formula will mean a greater chance at success.

It should be a really good game. Let's try to enjoy it without acting like a$$es to each other.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 13th, 2012, 2:59 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 49ers
Now what I dont understand, and I mean this with all due respect, is that all the pre-game talk from these Niner fans is what the LIONS weaknesses are, but Im having difficulty understanding what THEY believe the Niners weaknesses are. Now please dont tell me you think your team is perfect. Because that would be the biggest laugh of this thread.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


September 13th, 2012, 3:29 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: 49ers
kdsberman wrote:
Now what I dont understand, and I mean this with all due respect, is that all the pre-game talk from these Niner fans is what the LIONS weaknesses are, but Im having difficulty understanding what THEY believe the Niners weaknesses are. Now please dont tell me you think your team is perfect. Because that would be the biggest laugh of this thread.



I think the weaknesses on the Lions are more glaring than the niners...

Whats our Weakness?.. our WR's are all sufficient, no megatron of course but Crabtree and Moss look sharp along with Manningham. Our QB would probably be it, and he has looked pretty darn efficient over the last year. He's no Stafford, but I think he's in the Flacco/Dalton range of QB which is good enough to win. He's not as big a liability as everybody thinks. Our Defense has no holes... Sopoaga is a stud, Willis is a stud, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, Carlos Rodgers are all studs.

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: 49ers
modninerfan wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Now what I dont understand, and I mean this with all due respect, is that all the pre-game talk from these Niner fans is what the LIONS weaknesses are, but Im having difficulty understanding what THEY believe the Niners weaknesses are. Now please dont tell me you think your team is perfect. Because that would be the biggest laugh of this thread.



I think the weaknesses on the Lions are more glaring than the niners...

Whats our Weakness?.. our WR's are all sufficient, no megatron of course but Crabtree and Moss look sharp along with Manningham. Our QB would probably be it, and he has looked pretty darn efficient over the last year. He's no Stafford, but I think he's in the Flacco/Dalton range of QB which is good enough to win. He's not as big a liability as everybody thinks. Our Defense has no holes... Sopoaga is a stud, Willis is a stud, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, Carlos Rodgers are all studs.



and with all due disrespect to that douchebag of a coach of yers! :twisted: I still say Singeltary can put together one HELLUVA defense. why isnt he a coordinator somewhere? i dont get that...


September 13th, 2012, 5:52 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: 49ers
regularjoe12 wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Now what I dont understand, and I mean this with all due respect, is that all the pre-game talk from these Niner fans is what the LIONS weaknesses are, but Im having difficulty understanding what THEY believe the Niners weaknesses are. Now please dont tell me you think your team is perfect. Because that would be the biggest laugh of this thread.



I think the weaknesses on the Lions are more glaring than the niners...

Whats our Weakness?.. our WR's are all sufficient, no megatron of course but Crabtree and Moss look sharp along with Manningham. Our QB would probably be it, and he has looked pretty darn efficient over the last year. He's no Stafford, but I think he's in the Flacco/Dalton range of QB which is good enough to win. He's not as big a liability as everybody thinks. Our Defense has no holes... Sopoaga is a stud, Willis is a stud, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, Carlos Rodgers are all studs.



and with all due disrespect to that douchebag of a coach of yers! :twisted: I still say Singeltary can put together one HELLUVA defense. why isnt he a coordinator somewhere? i dont get that...


Singletary was by far the worst coach to ever work for this franchise, He assembled talent but that guy had no X and O skill whatsoever. He was strictly motivational. Harbaugh plays mind games... he'll call plays to antagonize a particular player, then when that player gets frustrated and angry he exposes him for a TD. I've never seen anything like it, he is brilliant really. The dude is fudge nuts. If he werent my teams HC I'd probably hate him too lol

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: 49ers
I'm on a phones so I don't want to quote, but I want to respond. If I learned that alex smith had never beaten a team with a winning record, I would be scared, and lions fans would definitely let me know how bad that is. So to hear nobody worry about that is odd.

Niners biggest weakness? I guess you'd have to say qb... but only because he throws for 200 yards a game instead of 300. Depth at outside lb is also a concern as an injury would be fatal at that spot. Honestly, this is the best team we have had since our last super bowl run in 94.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


September 14th, 2012, 12:36 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 49ers
Looks like Jed York is just as big of a douche bag as Harbaugh. F the Niners and their whole organization. No respect to any of them except the the few fans in this thread.

Sorry, but Jed York HAD to say something didnt he? I bet he thinks hes funny, like hes the first person to make a hand shake joke. What a damn loser.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


September 14th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: 49ers
kdsberman wrote:
Looks like Jed York is just as big of a douche bag as Harbaugh. F the Niners and their whole organization. No respect to any of them except the the few fans in this thread.

Sorry, but Jed York HAD to say something didnt he? I bet he thinks hes funny, like hes the first person to make a hand shake joke. What a damn loser.



I miss something???? :shock:


September 14th, 2012, 3:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.