View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions
I think one thing being overlooked is the fact that the Niners just had a big time matchup week one against the Pack. It's really tough to match the same kind of energy, effort and intensity in back to back weeks of a long NFL season. I know it's the home opener and it's a Sunday night game yada yada....but if the Lions withstand the initial onslaught and are within a TD by halftime, they grab the lead for good in the second half.

The key matchup IMO is the SF pass vs Detroit secondary. If Detroit can hold their own and turn the ball over then......

Upset baby! 24-21

\:D/

September 13th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Shotty wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Considering Houston plays...

1st quarter, Score is 0-0
2nd quarter, Score is 3-0 Lions going into the half
3rd quarter, 49ers answer back with a FG, but shortly after the Lions score another one of their own, 6-3.
4th quarter, Stafford escapes pressure and finds Calvin in a 1 on 1, bombs it and it's caught inside the SF 20. A few Titus Young catches later, an unexpected KS draw play gets us in for 7. 49ers score with under 2 minutes left, don't recover the onside kick, and the Lions win 13-10, and make a statement that the defense is legit.

Gore is held to 60 yards rushing, 49ers as a whole rush for 105 yards.
Alex Smith throws a pick on our side of the field.
Staff is sacked 3 times, but not once in the 2nd half.

Your crazy, Staff would be sacked more than 3 times if your team is held to only 13 points. between both teams their will be over 30 points scored, I'd bet a name change on that one.

I'm not crazy. I simply am knowledgeable about how good our defense can be when the whole front 7 is healthy, and the secondary is, too, except for Delmas. Remember last year when San Diego was red hot after blowing out Baltimore, then we held them to 10 points? That was because our defense was clicking all game long. Now, our CBs are even deeper this year and more talented. DeAndre Levy and Justin Durant were on a mission against the Rams. Levy made some admittedly uncharacteristic very good plays and Durant was a tackling machine. Not having Delmas will hurt if the 9ers attempt to go deep here and there, but overall I don't see it having a big effect at all. I'd much rather have a more conservative Eric Coleman start this game and keep Delmas resting until he's 100%.

I see Staff having to throw the ball away and into the dirt a lot to avoid sacks or when no one is open and the heat is coming. I just don't see us giving up many points to the 49ers offense. Once we make some good plays against their run game, they'll start becoming predictable on offense. Manningham is barely a good #2 receiver, Moss is fairly washed up but still pretty productive, and Crabtree is inconsistent. VD will get lots of attention, though, so hopefully we can scheme around that.

Anthony Davis and Alex Boone will have their hands full and AS will eat dirt often which will result in lots of pressured throws by him.

As expected, Aldon/Justin Smith will probably make it rough for Stafford, so hopefully JS sees double teams early and often.

13-10 Lions. Trust me, I won't be surprised if we lose, but I will if it's not a close game.

I hate to break it to you, but Anthony davis had a breakout game last year against Suh, he handled him and mocked him like nobodies business. He was limited to two tackles. He also kept Avril to two tackles and no sacks one QB hit. I believe Snyder was our RG last year, he was the weakest link and he did fine. Boone has looked MUCH better. BJ Raji couldnt do anything on him last week. Justin Smith however was on an absolute tear with 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 3 QB hits. I will give you credit, your D is better than GB's Defense but somebody will be scoring over 20 pts.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 13th, 2012, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:

3rd quarter, 49ers answer back with a FG, but shortly after the Lions score another one of their own, 6-3.
4th quarter, Stafford escapes pressure and finds Calvin in a 1 on 1, bombs it and it's caught inside the SF 20. A few Titus Young catches later, an unexpected KS draw play gets us in for 7. 49ers score with under 2 minutes left, don't recover the onside kick, and the Lions win 13-10, and make a statement that the defense is legit.

Your crazy, Staff would be sacked more than 3 times if your team is held to only 13 points. between both teams their will be over 30 points scored, I'd bet a name change on that one.

I'm not crazy. I simply am knowledgeable about how good our defense can be when the whole front 7 is healthy, and the secondary is, too, except for Delmas. Remember last year when San Diego was red hot after blowing out Baltimore, then we held them to 10 points? That was because our defense was clicking all game long. Now, our CBs are even deeper this year and more talented. DeAndre Levy and Justin Durant were on a mission against the Rams. Levy made some admittedly uncharacteristic very good plays and Durant was a tackling machine. Not having Delmas will hurt if the 9ers attempt to go deep here and there, but overall I don't see it having a big effect at all. I'd much rather have a more conservative Eric Coleman start this game and keep Delmas resting until he's 100%.

I see Staff having to throw the ball away and into the dirt a lot to avoid sacks or when no one is open and the heat is coming. I just don't see us giving up many points to the 49ers offense. Once we make some good plays against their run game, they'll start becoming predictable on offense. Manningham is barely a good #2 receiver, Moss is fairly washed up but still pretty productive, and Crabtree is inconsistent. VD will get lots of attention, though, so hopefully we can scheme around that.

Anthony Davis and Alex Boone will have their hands full and AS will eat dirt often which will result in lots of pressured throws by him.

As expected, Aldon/Justin Smith will probably make it rough for Stafford, so hopefully JS sees double teams early and often.

13-10 Lions. Trust me, I won't be surprised if we lose, but I will if it's not a close game.

I hate to break it to you, but Anthony davis had a breakout game last year against Suh, he handled him and mocked him like nobodies business. He was limited to two tackles. He also kept Avril to two tackles and no sacks one QB hit. I believe Snyder was our RG last year, he was the weakest link and he did fine. Boone has looked MUCH better. BJ Raji couldnt do anything on him last week. Justin Smith however was on an absolute tear with 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 3 QB hits. I will give you credit, your D is better than GB's Defense but somebody will be scoring over 20 pts.

I speak truth. If anyone scores 20, it'll most likely be the 49ers. The point is I honestly don't think they will score 20 or more unless Houston plays relatively hurt. Remember, last time we played the 9ers Justin Durant missed the game. He's arguably the most polished tackler on the team, and his backup is who allowed that 4th and 6 TD to lose us the game.

September 13th, 2012, 6:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Virtually every national talk show host seams to be picking the 49ers in part because Stafford had a bad game last week.

WELL, HERE'S A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Stafford will be extra motivated to have a phenomenal game this week. Great QB's tend to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I believe Stafford is a great QB. Not only that. But, I think the Lions will be extra motivated to return the favor from last year.

Lions win. Not a blow out. But, also, not really a close game either.

Det 36
49ers 20

September 13th, 2012, 7:25 pm
Team MVP

modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Funny how the Niners had to always have a TE on the side of Avri/Suh to help that RT out.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 13th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Funny how the Niners had to always have a TE on the side of Avri/Suh to help that RT out.

TYVM. I knew there was something they were doing with the blocking, but I couldn't think of what it was. LOL @ Anthony Davis holding off Suh. Never.

September 13th, 2012, 8:09 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
Virtually every national talk show host seams to be picking the 49ers in part because Stafford had a bad game last week.

WELL, HERE'S A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Stafford will be extra motivated to have a phenomenal game this week. Great QB's tend to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I believe Stafford is a great QB. Not only that. But, I think the Lions will be extra motivated to return the favor from last year.

Det 36
49ers 20

I swear to you; if that happened, the Lions would:

1. Magically have 5,000,000 new fans
2. Have their team looked at COMPLETELY differently from all "analysts".
3. Win the Super Bowl. Let's be honest. If we come to their town and make a STATEMENT, I'll be sold that this is a SB team. Not just SB bound, but a SB winning team.

September 13th, 2012, 8:11 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Det 36
49ers 20

3. Win the Super Bowl. Let's be honest. If we come to their town and make a STATEMENT, I'll be sold that this is a SB team. Not just SB bound, but a SB winning team.

I do believe that this game will play a huge role in how the rest of our season plays out. If we win, the sky is the limit. If we lose, we might not make the playoffs.

September 13th, 2012, 8:19 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Det 36
49ers 20

I do believe that this game will play a huge role in how the rest of our season plays out. If we win, the sky is the limit. If we lose, we might not make the playoffs.

Perfectly put.

September 13th, 2012, 8:29 pm
League MVP

yostevo wrote:
I think one thing being overlooked is the fact that the Niners just had a big time matchup week one against the Pack. It's really tough to match the same kind of energy, effort and intensity in back to back weeks of a long NFL season. I know it's the home opener and it's a Sunday night game yada yada....but if the Lions withstand the initial onslaught and are within a TD by halftime, they grab the lead for good in the second half.

The key matchup IMO is the SF pass vs Detroit secondary. If Detroit can hold their own and turn the ball over then......

Upset baby! 24-21

i disagree, alex smith stunk in last year's game and we still didnt beat em

September 13th, 2012, 8:51 pm
League MVP

modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Shotty wrote:

so the RT Davis was routinely blocking Suh solo? not really, they beat the Lions by running mostly wham and trap plays and using the Lions DL overaggressiveness against them. i watched the 49ers first 5 games and they didnt have those blocking schemes on tape. the lions were outcoached on the line that game and didnt adjust. they werent physically manhandled.

BJ Raji has been a garbage player for over a year now...

September 13th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
yostevo wrote:

Upset baby! 24-21

I understand what happened last year. I'm talking about this year's team.

I feel a little more confident in our run defense this year so I don't think SF's advantage is as wide there. So as long as they hold Alex Smith and his new WR corp in check, I think we have enough to pull off the upset.

September 13th, 2012, 9:07 pm
League MVP

yostevo wrote:
The Legend wrote:
yostevo wrote:

Upset baby! 24-21

I feel a little more confident in our run defense this year so I don't think SF's advantage is as wide there. So as long as they hold Alex Smith and his new WR corp in check, I think we have enough to pull off the upset.

well if thats what you were trying to say it was hard to infer that from your post about SF passing game. its hard to envision someone playing worse than smith did vs the lions last year

September 13th, 2012, 9:13 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
yostevo wrote:
The Legend wrote:
yostevo wrote:

Upset baby! 24-21

well if thats what you were trying to say it was hard to infer that from your post about SF passing game. its hard to envision someone playing worse than smith did vs the lions last year

I think you are a little caught up in the past results. It's not the same matchup. It never is from year to year.

My perception of this year's game is that SF's passing attack is better. I also believe our run defense is better. Having said that, if Detroit can limit SF's rushing attack, the difference in the game will be whether our patchwork secondary contains Smith and his WRs. Capiche?

September 13th, 2012, 10:23 pm
Stadium Announcer

Im gonna predict a lions win by more than one score. I think Stafford has a solid game even against this great D but I think our D shows up big time. I think Suh dominates this game. If the 49ers are committed to pounding the rock I would love to see our D play some 52 or 53. We have the personel to put 3 good Dts out ther at once. Make Alex Smith beat us!

September 14th, 2012, 2:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next