View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next
 Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity. 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity.
m2karateman wrote:
How about this statement for all to follow:

Believe what you wish to believe, and don't force your belief on others. In the end, death will give us the truth.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 12th, 2012, 10:02 am
m2karateman wrote:
How about this statement for all to follow:

Believe what you wish to believe, and don't force your belief on others. In the end, death will give us the truth.

Reminds me of the infamous quote in Boondock Saints:

"We will send you to whatever God you choose..."

September 12th, 2012, 12:25 pm
League MVP

FAN -Friggin - TASTIC movie!!!!!!!!!

September 12th, 2012, 12:36 pm
QB Coach

Wags beat me to it in the other room, so I moved it myself.....

Quote:
Sure, lets go there....

First, I can think of much more egregious sins than taking a bit out of apple.

Secondly, if if my son did something pretty awful - I'm not taking his perfect everlasting life and turning it into sin, pain and a death sentance. If you want to speak "Truth" - well the simple truth is a "loving father" wouldn't respond in this manner.

Third, you mean to tell me that no Christian man has ever killed his son for disrepspecting his faith or his family? (if you would like me to post link after link of such acts I'm happy to do so)

Fourth, remember when our loving God told Abraham to kill his son Isaac? (even if this is just a test, how cruel can you be?)

Fifth, its hard to believe that any "loving father" knowingly puts his children in harms way.

Sixth, if his "son" indeed did "redeem" all of mankind - wouldn't we go back to the same point we were at prior to the sin? Because after all this redemption I don't think we live near perfect eternal lives.

Seventh, well lets just say it isn't so simple after all. If it was, we would all know him and not need to believe in anything.

I've got a lot more points, but I'll let you rebuttal these first. Plus, this is a thread about politics isn't it?

1. The apple isn't the point and never was..... Who's to say it was an apple? The rebellion of doing what they were told NOT to do was the issue. And if you read CAREFULLY in Genesis 3 you will see where lucifer said, "Did God REALLY say?" He sowed deception with his statement, and Eve, who had previously walked with God in the Garden along with Adam, began to question God's word. She had the proof that you and others seek and still doubted, due to the deception of lucifer, and that severed the relationship.

2. The relationship was broken, God chose to restore it, but that does not mean that things go back to the original. Can a spouse who's had an affair go back to the original level of trust and security of the time prior to the affair? No, a new relationship is forged from forgiveness, and although still apart of the history, the affair is moved past.

3. I will not speak for all Christian men, but let's say it is a safer bet to say that Muslims will kill their offending offspring far quicker than Christians walking by Faith will. I'm DO NOT know this and I'd be interested to know, do Muslims teach forgiveness?

4. Yes it was a test, how far are you or Abraham willing to be obedient? Would you go all the way if required? Abraham was willing and it was acredited to him as righteousness. This was ALSO the precursor for the very thing God would do some few thousand years later with His own son. But He went ALL the way.

See point #2 again...

It is simple, do you accept or not? The difficulty is our willingness to believe; take the first step and see if he doesn't come the remaining 99. BUT you must BELIEVE by FAITH, that Jesus is the Son of God. We've traveled this road before, and I've been on both sides of the fence. Compared to the difficult journey called walking by Faith, this is a cake walk. John the Baptist said it best, "I must become less so that He can become more." In a personal walk with Jesus we will be given an opportunity to become less, and allow him to become more within us, and through us. I make a choice to give up this or that because I love him, not because he requires it. I choose to surrender my will, my desires, my hopes, dreams, and so on in order that I can become more available for his plans for my life. He knows ALL of my days, He knows what my story is about, I only know it scene by scene and can not see the overall picture. That's how I see my life, a process of walking by faith, doing my best to help those around me. Being the best Husband, and father I can possibly be, as well as friend is a lofty goal that I seek to pursue everyday. But that's my story.....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 12th, 2012, 4:58 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Being the best Husband, and father I can possibly be, as well as friend is a lofty goal that I seek to pursue everyday.

We don't need faith to have this common thread bro.

Being husband, father, and friend is more than enough for me and I count my blessing everyday (funny enough, without having to give credit). Throw in a couple of Lions/Wolverine/Spartan wins as a bonus and I'm off the charts...

If I'm a good husband, father and friend and that isn't enough for your God then so be it, I'm fine with it...

September 12th, 2012, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo: Actually this is one of the things I most appreciate about you is your dedication to your boys. In a day and age when relationships are changed as often as a shirt, it is very encouraging to see other men willing to stand for their families. So thank you for that, from one man to another.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 13th, 2012, 5:04 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Pablo: Actually this is one of the things I most appreciate about you is your dedication to your boys. In a day and age when relationships are changed as often as a shirt, it is very encouraging to see other men willing to stand for their families. So thank you for that, from one man to another.

Thanks man, they are my life! As much as we have different beliefs, us Dads gotta be dedicated to our kids. Common ground my friend and thanks for the kind words brother.

Peace out and may God Bless You!

September 13th, 2012, 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
So thank you for that, from one man to another.
*sniff, sniff* Awe, isn't that sweet, looks like we have our very own bromance :shock: :cheers: :wink:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 13th, 2012, 5:07 pm
RIP Killer

Guess I'm stuck being the logical one in the blue with the weird ears. WE4C must be the passionate one who gets all the girls! :lol:

September 13th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

TheRealWags wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
So thank you for that, from one man to another.
*sniff, sniff* Awe, isn't that sweet, looks like we have our very own bromance :shock: :cheers: :wink:

AHAHahahahahaaahaa! Great one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

September 13th, 2012, 5:22 pm
QB Coach

@ Wags: C'mere You! Group hug!!!

Couldn't find the emoticon sorry

September 14th, 2012, 9:00 am
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Then Wags would be.......

Sulu (George Takei)?

September 17th, 2012, 8:31 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Sulu (George Takei)?

Well heelllllllooooooooo! Lol

September 17th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Sulu (George Takei)?
Well heelllllllooooooooo! Lol

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 18th, 2012, 9:46 am
QB Coach

This article caught my attention although I haven't read it all yet, but I did think of Pablo and Eric in reading it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... d%3D207665

September 19th, 2012, 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next