View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ 49ers 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ 49ers
How is it ok for douche bag Davis to tackle a defender 5 yards after a whistle and no flag? Whiner linemen hold on every single play, it's absurd

September 16th, 2012, 10:21 pm
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
How is it ok for douche bag Davis to tackle a defender 5 yards after a whistle and no flag? Whiner linemen hold on every single play, it's absurd

THIS.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 16th, 2012, 10:36 pm
QB Coach

If all our picks aren't secondary next draft I'm finding a new team.

September 16th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

so durant does his best impression of bobby carpenter

September 16th, 2012, 11:18 pm
QB Coach

How is that not the definition of a defenseless receiver? He smashed Titus in the head on that play in the endzone. Offsetting penalties.

September 16th, 2012, 11:24 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
If all our picks aren't secondary next draft I'm finding a new team.

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far, but starting 3 castoffs from other teams in our secondary is a direct reflection on Mayhew's inability to address " GLARING " shortcomings in the back end. Actually I thought the Lions looked flat most of this game. That's on Schwartz. We still have the same weaknesses that we had last year. Mayhew has to do his job and address the deficiencies in the off-season. So for the rest of this season we will win some games, but lose to the play-off caliber teams. Maybe after the wake-up call has slapped him in the face, Mayhew will take a good hard look in the mirror and realize he is the one responsible for this teams shortcomings.

September 16th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Varsity Captain

GG guys. 2-0 is a GREAT feeling. Beating you guys and the Packers is huge. Hopefully you can get some help on defense and match us again in a few months.

September 16th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Pro Bowl Player

49ers wrote:
GG guys. 2-0 is a GREAT feeling. Beating you guys and the Packers is huge. Hopefully you can get some help on defense and match us again in a few months.

Our secondary was really the only glaring hole , and the biggest difference in the game. I really hope not too many here are too bent out of shape, you could have easily blown us out.

And in all honesty if we got the ball back there at the end, I believe Stafford would of found a way to take it to O.T. He always does.

Lions played the best game they could have considering all the missing pieces we had. GG and We will see you all again! Hopefully this year.

September 16th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

nate and titus need to start creating seperation. i really hope to get Broyles in the rotation sooner rather than later because our QB is gonna need a RELIABE safety valve. I really thought that Titus or Nate would except the challenge and could be used like the Giants used Victor Cruz in the NFCC but SF was clearly the better team

September 16th, 2012, 11:59 pm
League MVP

- missed fg + roughing the kicker cost us 7 points
- levy looking better than he has in a while
- durant didnt have his best game
- dl difficulty finding balance bw staying aggressive and getting trapped by sf run scheme
- big 3rd down catches by crabtree sealed it
- thought linehan adjusted well to settle down a rattled stafford but we just dont have that next playmaker to help when cj is getting all the attention. stafford on some throws didnt help.
- badly miss presence of dangerous runner like best compared to last years game.
- thought we d see logan in there for at least 1-2 runs
- avril looked like he was getting abused
- thought that stunting, shifting alignment of dl just prior to snap wouldve been a simple adjustment that lions never did
- 1 or 2 balls that tulloch, levy had shot at intercepting need to be hauled in

- which RB gets cut tomorrow? it looks like its going to be so long for keiland williams...

September 17th, 2012, 12:05 am
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 916-recap2

Recap is up. I'm really surprised it was this close, 49ers never really attacked out secondary for some reason.

Refs - terrible, for both teams - UGH! Watched some of the early games, tough week for the replacements.

Didn't expect a win here, this was about as expected. Need to get Leshoure some action and secondary back.

September 17th, 2012, 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

We were outplayed by the better team. We had some calls that hurt early, the running into the kicker was sketchy. Looked like Akers won an Oscar. The PI in the endzone when they snapped the ball on 0:00. However, I saw just as many missed calls on us. I think it was Peterman face masking Sopoaga on a big play we had. I hope we get a rematch in January. I think Harbaugh may be the best coach in the game today. Alex Smith had an easy day because our dbs were often playing 8+ yards back. Jacob Lacey looked like he didnt wanna get hit anymore at the end of the game. Hopefully Stafford and Co. will get on track next week.

September 17th, 2012, 12:19 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Happy for J. Bell, very disappointed in Titus. Apparently a lot of truth to Schwartz's statements a while back: bad decisions off the field translate to bad decisions on the field.

Bad game for Stafford. Wind was definitely a factor--very few long passes by either team tonight--but Staff missed some easy short throws as well.

For as bad/banged up as our secondary is, I'm glad it came down to an on-side kick. To do that against maybe the top team in football is no small feat.

September 17th, 2012, 12:28 am
Stadium Announcer

Im glad it was close but very disappointed we werent aggressive. I felt like we needed to come out and start slinging it and take some chances. It seemed like run run 3rd n 6 and we werent converting. Thught our running game was very good though for playing san fran.

September 17th, 2012, 12:34 am
Player of the Year - Defense

ZAndrews81 wrote:
Im glad it was close but very disappointed we werent aggressive. I felt like we needed to come out and start slinging it and take some chances. It seemed like run run 3rd n 6 and we werent converting. Thught our running game was very good though for playing san fran.

3rd and 6 is manageable though... the 2 deep plus the swirling wind makes it almost impossible to do anything other than stay with the short game. It was just poor execution when we had the chances. Gotta give credit to the 9ers defense. Our defense held Gore to under 100 for the first time. The secondary wasn't exposed except for Wendling on Davis on the first TD. Lacey was held on quite a bit of plays that went for longer. Last year's secondary would have given up 50+ points.

September 17th, 2012, 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next