View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 3:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
Politico wrote:
Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
By DYLAN BYERS | 9/11/12 4:19 PM EDT

Leading conservative talk show hosts Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham are both arguing that the Republican party will or should be shut down if Mitt Romney loses in November -- an idea that, however hard to believe, gives you an indication of the right wing's dissatisfaction with the Republican party.

"If you can't beat Barack Obama with this record, then shut down the party. Shut it down, start new, with new people. Because this is a gimme election, or at least it should be," Ingraham said on her radio program yesterday. "Election after election, we hire people who have lost previous campaigns, who have run campaigns that have failed, who have messaged campaigns where the message fell flat, and they keep getting re-hired."

Where Ingraham made an argument, Limbaugh made a prediction: The Republicans would fall, but not before blaming the conservative base for their woes and opening a window for a third, more conservative party to take their place.

"If Obama wins, let me tell you what it's the end of: The Republican Party. There's gonna be a third party that's gonna be oriented toward conservatism. I know Rand Paul thinks libertarianism. And I know if Obama wins, the Republican Party is gonna try to maneuver things so conservatives get blamed," he said.

"The only problem is, right now Romney's not running a conservative campaign. But they're gonna set it up to say, 'Well, the right sat home,' or, 'The right made Romney be other than who he is.' They'll try to deflect the blame, but they got who they want."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... tml?hp=r19
Sounds like more talks-how host blather, but could it be true? Is it actually possible that another party could appear? Perhaps the TEA Party goes mainstream???

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 12th, 2012, 10:43 am
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
wait am i reading that right? The GOP is already infighting about what seems to be an inevitable loss?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 12th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2779
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
regularjoe12 wrote:
wait am i reading that right? The GOP is already infighting about what seems to be an inevitable loss?


They're not infighting, they're just pointing out what ifs. And a loss isn't even close to inevitable. Polling is still showing it close or Romney up a few. The polls showing Obama up, if you look at the sampling data, are doing a few things to skew the numbers. It's one of the reason you have to look at the details instead of the overall %.

In the typical breakdown... 32% are Repub, 30% are den and 35% are independent or unaffiliated. Most of the polls are weighing the independent at 5%, so it's giving a completely wrong result. Make sure you look at how many of each they're sampling and check the overall data if you can. CNN got caught not only doing the 5% trick, but also sampling 3 times as many dems in their poll showing Obama up 6 last week and it might have forced the rest to straighten up. Most are now showing Romney or Obama only separated by a single point which is in the margin of error.


September 12th, 2012, 10:59 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
I listened to Rush when he first started about 20 years ago or so. He still spits out the same garbage as does most of the right-wing radio. The problem is that you hear the drones saying the same things. I tend to be pretty right wing, but people you really need to start THINKING for yourselves.

And if they think this is a "gimme" election it shows just how silly these people are. Going against an incumbent president is no "gimme" unless he uttered the "read my lips, no new taxes" line and then added new taxes.

There is such an obvious pattern to the American presidential elections as I have previously pointed out. RR will lose this election (sorry njroar) and the Democratic Lite, err GOP, has gained nothing. Conservatives need to break their blind alliance to the Republican Party and back a party that will reflect their ideals in actions rather than rhetoric.

This isn't going to happen, however, as republican leaning voters continue to cast their vote for Coke/Pepsi more out of spite for the "other candidate" than anything else. Voters say they want change but it is quite obvious they don't have the stomach for it.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 12th, 2012, 11:04 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9865
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
Pablo wrote:
Voters say they want change but it is quite obvious they don't have the stomach for it.


I don't think this is an entirely true statement.

People DO want change. Unfortunately, they want it only for themselves, and not for the general welfare of the country. Also, trying to change the current system would be like trying to turn a cruise ship around in a bath tub. Somehow millions of individuals would have to be convinced, nearly simultaneously, to change the way they've been taught to think about things. Not an easy task, to say the least. The change won't come quickly, it would have to be in small increments. However, that is nearly impossible in an instance where you can only make the change every four years and have limited choices as to what you can change to.

But your post had real merit Pablo, in the fact that on both sides of the ball you have people who aren't so much voting for the person they want in office, but against the party they don't want in charge.

Fixing our government will only come, I fear, through another civil war or revolution of national magnitude.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 12th, 2012, 12:40 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Voters say they want change but it is quite obvious they don't have the stomach for it.


I don't think this is an entirely true statement.

People DO want change. Unfortunately, they want it only for themselves, and not for the general welfare of the country. Also, trying to change the current system would be like trying to turn a cruise ship around in a bath tub. Somehow millions of individuals would have to be convinced, nearly simultaneously, to change the way they've been taught to think about things. Not an easy task, to say the least. The change won't come quickly, it would have to be in small increments. However, that is nearly impossible in an instance where you can only make the change every four years and have limited choices as to what you can change to.

But your post had real merit Pablo, in the fact that on both sides of the ball you have people who aren't so much voting for the person they want in office, but against the party they don't want in charge.

Fixing our government will only come, I fear, through another civil war or revolution of national magnitude.



That's the REAL reason why Franklin insisted on our right to bear arms. hopefully it never needs to come to that...

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 12th, 2012, 12:42 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
IMO there really isnt any difference between the the Dems and Reps. They get us to squabble over the little things like abortion, gay marriage, Marijuana etc, but when it comes to the big topics such as the Economy, War and our Social programs they are really the same thing. Bush had the Patriot Act, no child left behind, etc Obama has continued wars just in a different fashion... ie drone strikes and supporting multiple rebellions in Libya, Egypt and Syria. Obama failed incriminate a single banker. Hell it was a democrat paired with the "genius" Greenspan that started these policies.

I hear so many people say they like Ron Paul but they wont vote for him because of one or two things they disagree with... yet they will turn around and support Obama even though he is a warmongering corporatist just like Bush. Or they will turn around and support Romney even though he's a freedom eliminating, social program supporting flip flopper. You want change? time to face the facts IMO. This two party system is fudge us over.

The dems will say the free market system got us into this problem and thats BS. We've never had a free market system in Modern America, we've had corporations working hand in hand with every administration screwing people over without being held accountable.

/rant

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 13th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
modninerfan wrote:
IMO there really isnt any difference between the the Dems and Reps. They get us to squabble over the little things like abortion, gay marriage, Marijuana etc, but when it comes to the big topics such as the Economy, War and our Social programs they are really the same thing. Bush had the Patriot Act, no child left behind, etc Obama has continued wars just in a different fashion... ie drone strikes and supporting multiple rebellions in Libya, Egypt and Syria. Obama failed incriminate a single banker. Hell it was a democrat paired with the "genius" Greenspan that started these policies.

I hear so many people say they like Ron Paul but they wont vote for him because of one or two things they disagree with... yet they will turn around and support Obama even though he is a warmongering corporatist just like Bush. Or they will turn around and support Romney even though he's a freedom eliminating, social program supporting flip flopper. You want change? time to face the facts IMO. This two party system is fudge us over.

The dems will say the free market system got us into this problem and thats BS. We've never had a free market system in Modern America, we've had corporations working hand in hand with every administration screwing people over without being held accountable.

/rant
Welcome to club, a few of us have been saying this for a while, we even have a thread (prolly several) discussing this very thing, feel free to join in the discussion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16057&p=222426#p222426

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 13th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Rookie
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Modesto, CA
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
TheRealWags wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
IMO there really isnt any difference between the the Dems and Reps. They get us to squabble over the little things like abortion, gay marriage, Marijuana etc, but when it comes to the big topics such as the Economy, War and our Social programs they are really the same thing. Bush had the Patriot Act, no child left behind, etc Obama has continued wars just in a different fashion... ie drone strikes and supporting multiple rebellions in Libya, Egypt and Syria. Obama failed incriminate a single banker. Hell it was a democrat paired with the "genius" Greenspan that started these policies.

I hear so many people say they like Ron Paul but they wont vote for him because of one or two things they disagree with... yet they will turn around and support Obama even though he is a warmongering corporatist just like Bush. Or they will turn around and support Romney even though he's a freedom eliminating, social program supporting flip flopper. You want change? time to face the facts IMO. This two party system is fudge us over.

The dems will say the free market system got us into this problem and thats BS. We've never had a free market system in Modern America, we've had corporations working hand in hand with every administration screwing people over without being held accountable.

/rant
Welcome to club, a few of us have been saying this for a while, we even have a thread (prolly several) discussing this very thing, feel free to join in the discussion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16057&p=222426#p222426



What I've noticed is that this feeling is pervasive across the internet, main stream media and our govt still has a stranglehold on this country. The internet is our last resort for true freedom of speech and discussion. You have blue states and red states but on the internet it doesnt matter. I've visited the Saints forum, this forum, my forum and even the Giants forum. 4 very different regions of the US and the frustrations are the same.

to get back on topic, I think the GOP is merely confused with its identity. As an anti progressive party it will always struggle with its identity, because the people it represents either die off or get left behind. Now that we have this tea party movement I think we're seeing the GOP attempt to redefine itself. Its struggling because the men and woman attempting to join this "constitutionalist" movement have for the longest time been part of the problem themselves. Its a shift from the christian right (George Bush, Mitt Romney) to this Jeffersonian approach with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson that are more popular among young conservatives.

_________________
“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

Image


September 14th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 408
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
If the R party revamped and went to the center, and became the conservative, small government party of Goldwater and Eisenhower (socially libertarian, non-neocon, arms-length on religion... meaning it has no place in American politics) ... I'd become one of the most politically active people you'd ever seen in support of that party.

Correction above... Ronald Reagan appointed Alan Greenspan (I think in '87), after Paul Volker resigned because he was not in favor of the movement to repeal glass-steagall.


September 14th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
When I saw this topic, I had to respond. The problem is that the GOP isn't conservative enough, thus the backlash. When they meet the Democrats/Socialists half-way, they only give us half as much socialism. Therefore, end the reign of the RINOs.

That's what I'm doing. I'm personally doing everything I can to rid those idiots from office. Once we effectively change the GOP from a RINO Party to a conservative one, there will be no doubt whom someone should vote for. Voting Democrat is something that only useful idiots do.
Unfortunately, there's a lot of them addicted to free stuff that the rest of us pay for.

If worse comes to worse, John Galt.

_________________
Image


September 17th, 2012, 5:11 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
slybri19 wrote:
When I saw this topic, I had to respond. The problem is that the GOP isn't conservative enough, thus the backlash. When they meet the Democrats/Socialists half-way, they only give us half as much socialism. Therefore, end the reign of the RINOs.

That's what I'm doing. I'm personally doing everything I can to rid those idiots from office. Once we effectively change the GOP from a RINO Party to a conservative one, there will be no doubt whom someone should vote for. Voting Democrat is something that only useful idiots do.
Unfortunately, there's a lot of them addicted to free stuff that the rest of us pay for.

If worse comes to worse, John Galt.
Hyperbole aside, I'd say as long as you and your cronies are focusing on FISCAL conservatism and leaving the social stuff by the wayside, you could be on to something. If not, it's just more of the same-old, same-old. For the record, care to share what you guys consider RINO? Any chance you could share your entire 'conservative' platform, issue by issue & topic by topic?

EDIT: Oh, and just wondering how your beloved Mr. Ryan, who helped increase the US Debt by his votes, is considered to be a 'true' conservative?

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 17th, 2012, 10:01 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
And this is coming from the guy who supported the socialist led Occucpy movement. If you couldn't tell (and your obvious lack of intelligence withstanding) what a fraud that was, why should any sensible person take anything you say seriously? I'm laughing at you.

It took 50 years for us to get into this hole and it will take 50 years to get out of it. Why dig the hole deeper with another Obama Administration? Of course, according to you, stupid is as stupid does, Nevermind. I don't waste my time with idiots. I laugh at them.

Common sense should prevail in a sensible world, but people like Wags live in an alternate one.
These are the useful idiots I deal with on a daily basis and I mock and ridicule them. Flame on Wags, flame on, while I laugh. If you actually knew how to read the intrernals on polls, you wouln't be gloating. I know how to read polls and Obama is toast. I expect your apology on November 7th. haha.

_________________
Image


September 17th, 2012, 11:53 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
slybri19 wrote:
And this is coming from the guy who supported the socialist led Occucpy movement. If you couldn't tell (and your obvious lack of intelligence withstanding) what a fraud that was, why should any sensible person take anything you say seriously? I'm laughing at you.

It took 50 years for us to get into this hole and it will take 50 years to get out of it. Why dig the hole deeper with another Obama Administration? Of course, according to you, stupid is as stupid does, Nevermind. I don't waste my time with idiots. I laugh at them.

Common sense should prevail in a sensible world, but people like Wags live in an alternate one.
These are the useful idiots I deal with on a daily basis and I mock and ridicule them. Flame on Wags, flame on, while I laugh. If you actually knew how to read the intrernals on polls, you wouln't be gloating. I know how to read polls and Obama is toast. I expect your apology on November 7th. haha.
So, what you're saying is that you don't have an answer and will continually choose to ridicule those who question you. Stay classy Sly, stay classy.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 17th, 2012, 11:58 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
It's ironic that the idiot supporting the raping, vandalizing, Ocuppy movement is insisting that someone else retain class. I really couldn't laugh harder at your ignorance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


September 17th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.