View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Don't look now guys... 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Don't look now guys...
...but we have the best O-line in the North. The O-line play by both teams last night was flat-out embarrassing. The best news? We have promising young guys in the pipeline.

September 14th, 2012, 11:30 am
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Re: Don't look now guys...
nothin cracks me up more than seeing the result of team neglecting their O-lines in favor of their skill positions. Brandon Marshall aint so hot now is he?

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 14th, 2012, 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

modninerfan wrote:
nothin cracks me up more than seeing the result of team neglecting their O-lines in favor of their skill positions. Brandon Marshall aint so hot now is he?
Was he ever? I think he's the active leader in drops for WRs

September 14th, 2012, 4:06 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

TheRealWags wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
Was he ever? I think he's the active leader in drops for WRs

I'd take him on this team in a heart beat lol

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 14th, 2012, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

modninerfan wrote:

LOL. He had 24 yards yesterday. I wish I could bring up some of my posts from 3 months ago when I easily predicted that the Marshall pickup wouldn't mean much if the Bears didn't do anything to fix their O-line. Forte just suffered a high ankle sprain yesterday. Their offense is average, and if they play a team with a shutdown CB, their offensive is a joke.

September 14th, 2012, 4:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

hell I'd take that one two punch of CJ and MArshall any day! lol

September 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
...but we have the best O-line in the North. The O-line play by both teams last night was flat-out embarrassing. The best news? We have promising young guys in the pipeline.

Let's please not get to carried away with our O-line. They appear to be playing a little more consistently and slightly better than last year so far. The penalties are way down and Cherilus had a solid game last week; that's all great! But there's still 15 games left and they're not nearly good enough to stifle the elite defences. Not pass OR run blocking. They're certainly not good enough (or deep enough) yet to satisfy me.

September 15th, 2012, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

thelomasbrowns wrote:

Let's wait until late tomorrow night to make that call, shall we? :roll:

September 15th, 2012, 6:18 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Our O line is a much better group than they get credit for, this is the third year of them all playing together and the second in front of a "real" quarterback.

I really got geeked last week when they brought Riley Reiff in and Joquie Bell in the heavy set package. Would LOVE to see that tomorrow night again.

September 15th, 2012, 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I.E. wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Let's wait until late tomorrow night to make that call, shall we? :roll:

Right here. lol

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 15th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

We have the same guys as last year and the year before. We know what we're gonna get--good pass protection, mediocre run blocking. I'm not saying we're world beaters, just the best line in the North. I realize that's not saying much.

September 16th, 2012, 9:26 am
Pro Bowl Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
We have the same guys as last year and the year before. We know what we're gonna get--good pass protection, mediocre run blocking. I'm not saying we're world beaters, just the best line in the North. I realize that's not saying much.

The O line was great tonight - for what they are - they gave up two sacks and gave Stafford time. I listened to the game on the radio and was surprised how many times I heard "Stafford drops back, pocket holds".

Coverage was damn good, and they gave it their all - Very happy to have the O line that we do - See Jay Cutler

September 16th, 2012, 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

Ferris wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

The O line was great tonight - for what they are - they gave up two sacks and gave Stafford time. I listened to the game on the radio and was surprised how many times I heard "Stafford drops back, pocket holds".

Coverage was damn good, and they gave it their all - Very happy to have the O line that we do - See Jay Cutler

Yup--I stand by my original assertion.

September 17th, 2012, 12:32 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Ferris wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Yup--I stand by my original assertion.

+1

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 17th, 2012, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Although I think they did well, they pretty much only faced a 4 man rush the entire game, and at some points just a 3 man rush. One of the sacks came off a 3 man rush. Taking that into consideration I think they did a crap job run blocking. Which made it difficult for stafford (and most other QB's we face) to throw.

September 17th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next