View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 NFC West Is Weak? Check This Out 
Varsity Captain

Post NFC West Is Weak? Check This Out
The NFC West is an NFL-Best 6-2. They've beaten the following teams:

Lions
Packers
Patriots
Cowboys
Seahawks
Redskins

The only 2 losses to the aforementioned Lions (just barely), and the Seahawks who beat the Cardinals. So the best the division could possibly be is 7-1, and they are about 20 seconds away from that.

Weird?

September 16th, 2012, 11:50 pm
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: NFC West Is Weak? Check This Out
Lets not get ahead of ourselves its week 2. 49ers are top 3 in league easy but rams are still bad. Cardinals have no qb. Seahawks are ok. Seahawks and Cards have good deenses and with these refs is a huge advantage they are missing a lot of illegal contact. Id be willing to bet we wont see a WC team from the west.

September 17th, 2012, 12:31 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Well, things turn around quickly in the NFL. No truly weak teams in the West this year, apparently. As a 9ers fan, I'm not sure how'd happy I'd be about that though.

September 17th, 2012, 12:33 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Look at the NFC North, everyone is 1-1, hell Vikings had the best chance to go 2-0 and take 1st place but blew it.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 17th, 2012, 11:47 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Wilson looks like he's the real deal! Dont count Seattle out of anythign this year. The Cards D suprised me. I knew it was fgood but hold Brady to el sqwuatto tells me they are very good. And as far as teh Rams go, they ahve work to to but fisher elevates them a bunch IMO

September 17th, 2012, 12:28 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
regularjoe12 wrote:
Wilson looks like he's the real deal! Dont count Seattle out of anythign this year. The Cards D suprised me. I knew it was fgood but hold Brady to el sqwuatto tells me they are very good. And as far as teh Rams go, they ahve work to to but fisher elevates them a bunch IMO

You drunk? :lol:

Just kidding

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 17th, 2012, 12:52 pm
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

You drunk? :lol:

Just kidding

wha? hic* you three stand still for a minute and say that to my face! Hic*
:cheers:

but seriously Wilson has suprised me big time...and for a 3rd rounder to look as polished as he does this early...wow!. Tell ya what thought, I'd be soooo ticked if I was...awcrap i forgot his name....the guy from GB who went tehre to start. I'd be TICKED if i was him! "Oh no not again" lol

September 17th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

It's too bad the Lions didn't get that trade for Peterson. I would take him over Leshoure+Fairely any day.

September 17th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

I think the AFC East is the weakest... if AZ can get themselves a QB settled they might have something... they are like 9-2 in the past 11 games or something like that.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
It's too bad the Lions didn't get that trade for Peterson. I would take him over Leshoure+Fairely any day.

Problem is, Arizona wanted our original second rounder, which was Titus Young, plus our fourth rounder (we traded it to Seattle to move up and get LeShoure) and our first rounder this year (Reiff). Seattle used the fourth rounder on WR Kris Durham, so let's assume had we kept that pick we would have selected the next guy taken, strong safety Quinton Carter.

Would you be willing to trade Fairley, Young, Carter and Reiff for Patrick Peterson? I wouldn't.

September 17th, 2012, 8:28 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

Problem is, Arizona wanted our original second rounder, which was Titus Young, plus our fourth rounder (we traded it to Seattle to move up and get LeShoure) and our first rounder this year (Reiff). Seattle used the fourth rounder on WR Kris Durham, so let's assume had we kept that pick we would have selected the next guy taken, strong safety Quinton Carter.

Would you be willing to trade Fairley, Young, Carter and Reiff for Patrick Peterson? I wouldn't.

we have kris durham now dont we? im pretty sure he s on our PS. young and fairley are talented chicken.... in my book. i wont count carter since we have durham, that trade essentially is reiff for peterson which i would make. slightly exaggerating but fairley and young are huge disappointments.

September 17th, 2012, 10:30 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

we have kris durham now dont we? im pretty sure he s on our PS. young and fairley are talented chicken.... in my book. i wont count carter since we have durham, that trade essentially is reiff for peterson which i would make. slightly exaggerating but fairley and young are huge disappointments.

Giving up on Fairley and Young is a bit extreme at this point. And remember, when Arizona was asking for our 2012 pick, we didn't know if we would be picking first or 32nd.

Sorry, but Arizona was asking entirely too much for the Lions to move up 8 spots. Peterson looks to be on his way to having a great career, but I don't think overpaying for him would have been a wise move at that point in time. He could have just as easily been a phenomenal bust.

September 18th, 2012, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not convinced that Seattle and Arizona are better teams than Chicago or Detroit. St. Louis is definitely better than Minnesota, and could surprise by getting second place in the NFC West. But Arizona still has some questions behind center, and Seattle has not convinced me that they have improved that much. However, I will say that Seattle has looked better than I thought they would.

September 18th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

m2karateman wrote:
I'm not convinced that Seattle and Arizona are better teams than Chicago or Detroit. St. Louis is definitely better than Minnesota, and could surprise by getting second place in the NFC West. But Arizona still has some questions behind center, and Seattle has not convinced me that they have improved that much. However, I will say that Seattle has looked better than I thought they would.

Seattle has a good D and solid run game... They remind me a lot of the niners of just a few years ago. The lack of a passing game is what creates such doubt among everyone else.

That thrashing they gave Dallas didnt surprise me... they have scary good home field advantage, best i've seen.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 20th, 2012, 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

modninerfan wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Seattle has a good D and solid run game... They remind me a lot of the niners of just a few years ago. The lack of a passing game is what creates such doubt among everyone else.

That thrashing they gave Dallas didnt surprise me... they have scary good home field advantage, best i've seen.

I've been watching them closely since the emergence of wilson ( I LOVE rooting for the little guy) and I'm pretty impressed by them. Unless Chicago's O-Line solidifies soon, Seattle COULD end up with a better record than them. Chicago can be a powerhouse if they can start protecting Cutler though...

September 20th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next