View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 49ers 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: 49ers
Pablo wrote:
could these replacement refs be causing the players to get a little more fiesty than usual. It was amazing to see all the OL holding last night not getting called (on both sides). Seems like the OL saw they weren't going to make any calls and just take advantage of it. Things are going to get "chipy" around the NFL if you ask me.

the commentators after the game we saying something similar, only in reguards to Defensive holding on WR's. in their opinions it is not getting called at all and DB's might as well take advantage of it

September 17th, 2012, 1:25 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

chitownlion wrote:
It is amazing that after watching the game last night and again this morning that anyone can consider the Lions a dirty team. There was a team that consistently played after the whistle last night and it was not the Lions. The 49ers Oline was disgusting to watch. Do not respond with their names because I do not care to identify them as such, but #76 could be locked up for some of his egregious violations of both the playing rules and professional conduct. I would love to see someone "accidentally" roll over his knee and end his career (I would send that guy a thank you letter of approval). Not since the 80s Bears teams had I watched such a dirty group of players. There were numerous holding calls that were obvious at the point that were not called on the LT and the FB that I tired of complaining about them. I do think that last night the 49ers were the better team, however after this game I will cheer against them and hope for injury to all their players on a weekly basis. I believe this is bred by the little sh!t head coach they have and would love to meet him one day. I do not normally react to a loss this way, but I was just disgusted with the lack of respect for the game that SF displayed and the ridiculous plays after the whistle. Tell me that I should not react like this all you want, however I know that had I played against players like this (and I did back in my time) I would have taken it upon myself to cleanse the game of some of these cheap shot players. It just really angers me to watch dirty football after the whistle. Tell me about the Lions personal fouls, but most of them were just stupid penalties pushing after the whistle, not dirty plays to hurt other players for no reason. What a pathetic excuse for a francise this is. I really hope they do not go far in the playoffs because this type of play has no place in the NFL.

Lets calm down with the Injure the knee talk... Anthony Davis and Avril were goin at it all night and Avril was playin just as dirty. Its just too players that have it out for each other. Davis doesnt like the Lions, the lions dont like Davis. You wanna blame anybody blame the refs... they are intimidated and letting it get out of hand. I like this style of football anyways, its a throwback to 20 years ago... it doesnt suit the finesse offenses we see out there today.

I couldnt hear the whistle, it was too loud in the stadium. But there were times where I felt like the play went on for too long. One of the Suh sacks had everybody screaming for them to end the play. Alex was stood up, being pushed back and all everybody could see was Suh ready to decapitate him lol. Lets be honest here though, that defensive line has a history of dirty antics, they play incredibly aggressive, I think our O-line just wanted to match the intensity and shut it down.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

So you like an OT tackling a DE 5 yards after a whistle? That's pathetic football and pathetic sportsmanship. It was a pathetic display by a loud mouthed piece of trash. As far as avril playing dirty, you must be talking about the poke to the eye...yeah, I'm sure with hands going everywhere against vernon Davis that he intentionally split the face mask 3 stooges style and poked him right in the eye. Anyone who believes that to be true is a moron.

September 17th, 2012, 2:15 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

conversion02 wrote:
So you like an OT tackling a DE 5 yards after a whistle? That's pathetic football and pathetic sportsmanship. It was a pathetic display by a loud mouthed piece of trash. As far as avril playing dirty, you must be talking about the poke to the eye...yeah, I'm sure with hands going everywhere against vernon Davis that he intentionally split the face mask 3 stooges style and poked him right in the eye. Anyone who believes that to be true is a moron.

his hands shouldnt be anywhere near the facemask. I was at the game, I didnt hear the whistle, all I saw was everybody goin to the ground. You guys are the only ones complaining about it being after the whistle, everyone else was lauding the effort.

From those who watched the game on TV apparently Delanie Walker was kicked.

this was an observation by a beat writer: "How Avril didn't get flagged for such an obvious shove with both hands to the helmet of Walker? I'll never understand. The ref was looking RIGHT AT THEM "

NBD though, the lions D-line always plays this aggressive, cant get upset when you face an O-line ready to do the same thing. They have pride, they arent gonna get bullied around. I dont need to pull up the articles over the past couple seasons calling out the Lions D-line for being dirty. It is was it is so calm down.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

modninerfan wrote:
his hands shouldnt be anywhere near the facemask. I was at the game, I didnt hear the whistle, all I saw was everybody goin to the ground. You guys are the only ones complaining about it being after the whistle, everyone else was lauding the effort.

this was an observation by a beat writer: "How Avril didn't get flagged for such an obvious shove with both hands to the helmet of Walker? I'll never understand. The ref was looking RIGHT AT THEM "

NBD though, the lions D-line always plays this aggressive, cant get upset when you face an O-line ready to do the same thing. They have pride, they arent gonna get bullied around. I dont need to pull up the articles over the past couple seasons calling out the Lions D-line for being dirty. It is was it is so calm down.

Isn't it funny, though, that your two offensive tackles are doing all the talking today? Sounds to me like your team doesn't know how to accept a win against a tough team and just move on. No. They have to continue trash talking.

Time for 49ers fans to look in the mirror and check the team you are rooting for and the character they are showing. Your guys got the win, and they deserved the win. But to continue talking after the game has ended the way Staley and Davis are is just making them sound like poor winners. I hope you go 0-14 the rest of the way, just for their immaturity alone.

September 17th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

m2karateman wrote:
modninerfan wrote:

Isn't it funny, though, that your two offensive tackles are doing all the talking today? Sounds to me like your team doesn't know how to accept a win against a tough team and just move on. No. They have to continue trash talking.

Time for 49ers fans to look in the mirror and check the team you are rooting for and the character they are showing. Your guys got the win, and they deserved the win. But to continue talking after the game has ended the way Staley and Davis are is just making them sound like poor winners. I hope you go 0-14 the rest of the way, just for their immaturity alone.

The lions are really the only team they do this to. The last time I've heard them get into a twitter or media war was Vernon Davis and Darnell dockett a couple years go. Your comment is based solely between two teams and two games and doesnt reflect our team accurately... and hope all you want but 0-14 isnt gonna happen. Please dont mistake me as somebody talking up his team because we won, I legitimately love analyzing games and stats.

I think the 49ers are a team that is frustrated by how the media represents us. When we actually do get coverage it comes with a demeaning slant. They're still all acting surprised like we came out of nowhere, or that its weird seeing a defense beating all these Offensive powerhouses. Apparently our tactics are old and inferior, who woulda thought we could win so many games??? :roll: Our offense takes the brunt of this, and when they face a D-line that touts itself as the best they should be proud of the fact they handled them well.

September 17th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

After HS I played 2 years DII and transferred to a DI school thinking I was good enough to compete at that level. Played tackling dummy until I graduated. After that I played and coached semi-pro (lots of fun and none of the BS last night would have been tolerated in those leagues, we eliminated players that thought they were going to take cheap shots pretty quickly). I was among the last cuts the first year for the Orlando sentinels (arena league). The thing about the Lions Dline playing aggressive is true, however they very seldom if ever play after the whistle. There is a huge difference between playing aggressive and playing dirty. The Oline for the 49ers just played dirty at times and I do not think that should be tolerated. As for the 49er fan that says I should lay off the knee talk, that is the easiest way to eliminate dirtyplayers and is sometimes warranted. It is amazing how when you show a willingness to end a dirty players time on the field how the other players start to play from snap to whistle and not beyond. As for the "throwback", that is usually a way of saying that players of lower skill level resort to this type of play to even the playing field. Sorry, that was not old school intensity, it was just dirty players playing dirty. Maybe the refs had something to do with it, however like most things in life, if a person can get away with something it does not mean they do it. That to me is the difference between a team that plays dirty, like the 49ers, and a team that tries to play within the rules but gets goaded into playing after the whistle. Lastly, show me another time Avril had a play like he did last night. I have not seen it before. Davis on the other hand has gone too (that is the proper use of the word) far before and last night was just another example of his dirty play.

September 17th, 2012, 3:48 pm
RIP Killer

Its just two guys, doesn't mean the whole team is like that. I watched the press conferences and have to give Harbaugh credit - he was pretty classy last night.

I like a little trash talking before, during, and after the game - makes for a good rivalry and good press.

49ers deserved to win (by more than they did actually).

September 17th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Quote:
I think the 49ers are a team that is frustrated by how the media represents us. When we actually do get coverage it comes with a demeaning slant. They're still all acting surprised like we came out of nowhere, or that its weird seeing a defense beating all these Offensive powerhouses. Apparently our tactics are old and inferior, who woulda thought we could win so many games??? Our offense takes the brunt of this, and when they face a D-line that touts itself as the best they should be proud of the fact they handled them well.

Really???? I thought Chris Collinsworth was over the top in his praise for the 49ers. He and Al talked about Smith like he was a great QB and not some guy that is mediocore at best. Not sure what you watched but the NFL network and NBC all made over the 49ers like this team has won something. The comments by the 49er players after the game do not display frustration as much as they show a lack of class. This seems to come from the head coach and is practiced by the players.

September 17th, 2012, 3:53 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

chitownlion wrote:
Quote:
I think the 49ers are a team that is frustrated by how the media represents us. When we actually do get coverage it comes with a demeaning slant. They're still all acting surprised like we came out of nowhere, or that its weird seeing a defense beating all these Offensive powerhouses. Apparently our tactics are old and inferior, who woulda thought we could win so many games??? Our offense takes the brunt of this, and when they face a D-line that touts itself as the best they should be proud of the fact they handled them well.

Really???? I thought Chris Collinsworth was over the top in his praise for the 49ers. He and Al talked about Smith like he was a great QB and not some guy that is mediocore at best. Not sure what you watched but the NFL network and NBC all made over the 49ers like this team has won something. The comments by the 49er players after the game do not display frustration as much as they show a lack of class. This seems to come from the head coach and is practiced by the players.

I'm talking more about the press, I didnt hear Collinsworth praise us as I was at the game, but he has consistently hated on us. there is a thread devoted to him on our board with all his little quips. A lot fans believe he still holds a grudge after we beat him twice in the superbowl. I try not to get wrapped up in it though. It wouldnt surprise me if Al Michaels liked us... really the only TV personalities we dont like is Collinsworth and Jaworski

September 17th, 2012, 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

chitownlion wrote:
After HS I played 2 years DII and transferred to a DI school thinking I was good enough to compete at that level. Played tackling dummy until I graduated. After that I played and coached semi-pro (lots of fun and none of the BS last night would have been tolerated in those leagues, we eliminated players that thought they were going to take cheap shots pretty quickly). I was among the last cuts the first year for the Orlando sentinels (arena league). The thing about the Lions Dline playing aggressive is true, however they very seldom if ever play after the whistle. There is a huge difference between playing aggressive and playing dirty. The Oline for the 49ers just played dirty at times and I do not think that should be tolerated. As for the 49er fan that says I should lay off the knee talk, that is the easiest way to eliminate dirtyplayers and is sometimes warranted. It is amazing how when you show a willingness to end a dirty players time on the field how the other players start to play from snap to whistle and not beyond. As for the "throwback", that is usually a way of saying that players of lower skill level resort to this type of play to even the playing field. Sorry, that was not old school intensity, it was just dirty players playing dirty. Maybe the refs had something to do with it, however like most things in life, if a person can get away with something it does not mean they do it. That to me is the difference between a team that plays dirty, like the 49ers, and a team that tries to play within the rules but gets goaded into playing after the whistle. Lastly, show me another time Avril had a play like he did last night. I have not seen it before. Davis on the other hand has gone too (that is the proper use of the word) far before and last night was just another example of his dirty play.

Congrats on making it to the Orlando Sentinels, thats further than I could have ever dreamed of reaching, I couldnt make it past Varsity HS football. I'm assuming you played on the line correct? I did as well and any lineman knows there is a lot of dirty poop that goes on in the trenches, it doesnt make it acceptable of course but we shouldnt act surprised. I wasnt an aggressive dirty player and maybe that was my downfall... but holding, chop blocking, facemask grabbing, punches to the gut, etc happen. Some unintentional, some out of frustration and some out of redemption. It happens.

I really dont like where this discussion is going. I didnt want to rehash the same old crap, but Suh stomping Deitrich-Smith, Suh throwing QB's to the floor by their helmet, Suh shoving Cutler in the back. Suh was overwhelming voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by HIS PEERS. Anthony Davis didnt even make the list. So I guess my question is, would it be acceptable for a player to intentionally break Suh's knee? I dont think so. Our players dont have a history of playing dirty, the only person complaining about it is you. The fact is it was one game and nobody under any circumstances deserves to be injured... thats bullshit right there.

September 17th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Did you even see the cutler shove? He's a pansy and that shouldn't even have been a penalty. He gave him a forearm (where he extended his arm) to the back between the shoulder blades. Yeah, suh can bench a house, what do you want him to do, jersey tackle?

You supposedly like old school football but you think that's dirty? Wow. Where we're you in the 80's when that's what football was?

September 17th, 2012, 5:25 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

conversion02 wrote:
Did you even see the cutler shove? He's a pansy and that shouldn't even have been a penalty. He gave him a forearm (where he extended his arm) to the back between the shoulder blades. Yeah, suh can bench a house, what do you want him to do, jersey tackle?

You supposedly like old school football but you think that's dirty? Wow. Where we're you in the 80's when that's what football was?

ok now explain the stomp and the 2 preseason beheaddings! lol...he has a point and you're going to have a tough time winning that battle. i thinnk we're doing GREAT this year about not repeating those same mistakes though.

Last edited by regularjoe12 on September 17th, 2012, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 17th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

conversion02 wrote:

I do like it, I dont like it when some of you complain about my team being dirty when your team plays with the same attitude if not worse, but nice job disregarding my other examples.

September 17th, 2012, 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Here's another one I forgot... my point is the reffing was bad on both sides... it wasnt one sided for those who think otherwise.

September 17th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next