View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Don't look now guys... 
Post Re: Don't look now guys...
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Ferris wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
We have the same guys as last year and the year before. We know what we're gonna get--good pass protection, mediocre run blocking. I'm not saying we're world beaters, just the best line in the North. I realize that's not saying much.

The O line was great tonight - for what they are - they gave up two sacks and gave Stafford time. I listened to the game on the radio and was surprised how many times I heard "Stafford drops back, pocket holds".

Coverage was damn good, and they gave it their all - Very happy to have the O line that we do - See Jay Cutler

Yup--I stand by my original assertion.

Your original assertion was a joke. We are possibly the best pass-blocking OL in our division, but we can't run block for crap. So, because we're the best at 50% of what is required of them we're the clear-cut best OL in the division? Sorry, I don't buy it.

And what Modern says is true, they were dropping lineman back in coverage and rushing 3 and STILL getting to us, and when you heard on the "radio" that our OL was holding up, it was generally by SF's design, dropping guys back and rushing 3. Yea, 5 on 3 our OL protects great... Who'd have thought...

September 17th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Ferris wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
We have the same guys as last year and the year before. We know what we're gonna get--good pass protection, mediocre run blocking. I'm not saying we're world beaters, just the best line in the North. I realize that's not saying much.

The O line was great tonight - for what they are - they gave up two sacks and gave Stafford time. I listened to the game on the radio and was surprised how many times I heard "Stafford drops back, pocket holds".

Coverage was damn good, and they gave it their all - Very happy to have the O line that we do - See Jay Cutler

Your original assertion was a joke. We are possibly the best pass-blocking OL in our division, but we can't run block for crap. So, because we're the best at 50% of what is required of them we're the clear-cut best OL in the division? Sorry, I don't buy it.

And what Modern says is true, they were dropping lineman back in coverage and rushing 3 and STILL getting to us, and when you heard on the "radio" that our OL was holding up, it was generally by SF's design, dropping guys back and rushing 3. Yea, 5 on 3 our OL protects great... Who'd have thought...

I thought the pass blocking was solid... we only had 1 sack that wasnt a coverage sack... the other one stafford must have been standing for a good 4 seconds. Its hard to rate the run blocking because we do that against EVERY team. I'm more excited watching this Defense play than the offense, the way they work is a thing of beauty.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
modninerfan wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Ferris wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I thought the pass blocking was solid... we only had 1 sack that wasnt a coverage sack... the other one stafford must have been standing for a good 4 seconds. Its hard to rate the run blocking because we do that against EVERY team. I'm more excited watching this Defense play than the offense, the way they work is a thing of beauty.

We haven't been able to run block for over 4-5 years. It really is a joke how horribly the Lions Management has ignored the offensive line.

I too think we pass block well, but like I said, that's only 50% of their game.

September 17th, 2012, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
modninerfan wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

We haven't been able to run block for over 4-5 years. It really is a joke how horribly the Lions Management has ignored the offensive line.

Original assertion a joke? Let's see, we have Green Bay, Minnesota and Chicago in our division. Which of those o-lines is better than ours?

I'm gonna say "NONE OF THE ABOVE". What's your answer?

September 17th, 2012, 3:16 pm
Heisman Winner

We can't run block because we don't have a fullback....How many teams really run good without one.

Look at the niners, ravens, jaguars, they got a fullback that leads the way. Our run blocking is not really the problem, the hole is there just there isn't anyone to pave the way for the back to finish the run.

September 17th, 2012, 3:26 pm
Modmin Dude

hamma77 wrote:
We can't run block because we don't have a fullback....How many teams really run good without one.

Look at the niners, ravens, jaguars, they got a fullback that leads the way. Our run blocking is not really the problem, the hole is there just there isn't anyone to pave the way for the back to finish the run.
While a FB might help, that's not the only reason the OLine has problems run-blocking; they have problems with it because the OLine is comprised of pass-blockers; tho they did just draft a run blocker in the 1st round, now he just has to get on the field.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 17th, 2012, 3:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Actually, for our offense it's 66.6% of the game. :-k

September 17th, 2012, 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2