View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 8:05 pm



Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon? 
Author Message
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Maybe he'll turn it around with the next Qb we draft in the first round...


Man, you are a joke.


I love how you just agreed with me in principle on a different thread and you had this epiphany that we would be better off without Nate, KVB and Corey Williams, but we shouldn't have done it last year. I love how it would have been stupid last year (when financially it made much MUCH more sense), but now it will be a good idea next year because you realize what a SH!T product is being marched on the field, and because you now realize what I realized months ago, THIS TEAM NEEDS MORE TALENT, and we're not going to do well until we FINALLY address certain key issues.

But... I'm the joke?

Hahahaha... I guess so, man... I guess so...


September 17th, 2012, 4:31 pm
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
mwill2 wrote:
I swear this forum needs a full time fact-checker.


Sure does M2, and it goes both ways. I just report what I hear, and it's not always right. I don't write a book report and spend hours researching my posts, in fact, I write 90% of this stuff from memory. Occasionally I remember wrong, and occasionally rumors spread as truths...

That said, your point of contention is that 1) Mayhew did pass the Bar (which doesn't help him manage the team, at all), and 2) that Mayhew got a bachelor's degree in management - BIG PHUCKING DEAL.

I don't know how far removed you are from college, but a bachelor's degree is a joke.


September 17th, 2012, 4:36 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
I swear this forum needs a full time fact-checker.


Sure does M2, and it goes both ways. I just report what I hear, and it's not always right. I don't write a book report and spend hours researching my posts, in fact, I write 90% of this stuff from memory. Occasionally I remember wrong, and occasionally rumors spread as truths...

That said, your point of contention is that 1) Mayhew did pass the Bar (which doesn't help him manage the team, at all), and 2) that Mayhew got a bachelor's degree in management - BIG PHUCKING DEAL.

I don't know how far removed you are from college, but a bachelor's degree is a joke.


Laziness is no excuse for dishonesty.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


September 17th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
Quote:
I don't know how far removed you are from college, but a bachelor's degree is a joke



Transalation: Hi Im WJB and Im better than you....


pretty disguting disposition man....90% of all college graduates end up with this or less.....glad to know that they (and myself included) are a joke to you.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 17th, 2012, 5:06 pm
Profile
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
I don't know how far removed you are from college, but a bachelor's degree is a joke



Transalation: Hi Im WJB and Im better than you....


pretty disguting disposition man....90% of all college graduates end up with this or less.....glad to know that they (and myself included) are a joke to you.


If that's how you take it, feel free!


September 17th, 2012, 5:08 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
you tell me how it can read any other way....

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 17th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Profile
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
regularjoe12 wrote:
you tell me how it can read any other way....


I said the degree is a joke, and it is. If you define yourself worth based on your degree, or if you think your worth to me or this site is defined by your degree, so be it! Personally, I disagree.

My bachelor's degree is in Political Science, but it wasn't until I got to grad school that I really STARTED learning anything "real." The same is true for most degrees, they don't teach you what you need to know, they mold your mind to be able to learn your desired field of interest, or to see if you're capable of learning your desired field of interest later. That's it. Off of the top of my head nursing, teaching, and engineering are about the only bachelor degrees that I think are worth a damn. They are about the only degrees that you take what you learned when you learned it and go apply it in your field without needing to be completely trained. Hell... In law school the TELL YOU that they're only teaching you about 30% of what you need to know to become an attorney, and that's a graduate degree!

That said, I've never defined myself as better than anyone on this board because of my degree, my post count, or my profession. Some have attributed all three to me and of me at various points, but what I pride myself most in terms of discussing matters on this site is my track record, period. I put it out there. I let everyone see what I would have done, and not after the fact, during! I don't come on here after the draft and see third rounder that was taken in the 5th and say that I would have drafted him in the 4th. What I do isn't revisionist. I complain real-time and explain what I would do, how I would do it, and why.

The bottom line is that Mayhew had little to no experience when he took the job. He INTERNED with the Redskins in '99... OH BOY!!! We brought him in, made him the VP, promoted him to GM and most on here have anointed him as a God. This is the FIRST YEAR his job was really hard. It's not hard to improve a team that has been neglected for 8 years, it's hard to KEEP improving a team that has talent, it's hard to keep building on a good product, and it's hard to keep the high-priced elite talent you have while acquiring new talent, and it's hard to decide what players to let go for the betterment of the over-all picture. IMO Mayhew dropped the ball BIG TIME last offseason and that cost us BIG.

Players like Tracy Porter and Manningham aren't available every off-season. These were very good players on great teams that have a lot of playoff experience, know how to win, play disciplined football, and were buried on depthcharts and developed for much of their careers, waiting to break out. The Saints drafted great and had late round players that turned into stars that they had to resign. They had MORE talent than what they were paying out and they have a few players that were being paid far too little for what they were capable of, and Porter was one of them, and they flat out couldn't afford him. Instead of recognizing that and capitalizing on it we kept over-paying guys that really weren't doing all that much for us (the opposite of the problem the Saint's had, mind you). We sat on our hands and screwed up BIG and flirted around with guys like Cliff that should have been let go. We failed to "team build" for a player, and that's ridiculous. We failed to get rid of prior players that are hurting this team for no apparent reason at all??? We drafted stupidly, and have virtually the SAME TEAM as last year, with a little more depth, and people are happy... I don't get it...

And the biggest catastrophe of it all is... We absolutely NEED to win now. We need to legitimize our place and prove that last year wasn't a fluke. We need to be a perpetual playoff contender to attract REAL free agents. IMO we were more of an attractive destination than teams like Denver and Chicago, next year I'm not so sure that will be true. We REALLY screwed up last offseason, and I think some on here are just starting to see it now.


September 17th, 2012, 5:28 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
WJB, let me ask you this. And be honest.

Do you think that YOU can run this team better than Mayhew and coach this team better than Schwartz? Yes or No.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


September 17th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2779
Post Re: Do you think S/M/L can build a championship team soon?
Again... show us where we didn't contact Manningham (who also whiffed on a catch last night), Porter or Bush. How do you know that they didn't instead of that they did and they weren't interested? Winning matters and a chance to go to a team with better chances is a consideration. I can agree with you on the Avril situation that it should/could have been done differently because he's our player, but you can't blame a GM for players that we didn't sign when there's 31 other options for them. One player did come out and say he didn't want to come here and that was Cedric Benson. Just because the others kept that mouth shut doesn't mean they didn't feel the same way. You just assume they would have, so it has to be right. You're guessing, yet using that in your "truth" that Mayhew sucks.


September 17th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.