View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 49ers 
Team MVP

Post Re: 49ers
Is it bad that I didnt get on any football news sites today because i figured the Niners, especially Anthony Davis, would still be running their trash talking mouths? Or is it just common sense? Sure enough, now Im hearing that Staley and Davis are running their mouths. Im sorry, but I have never hated a team so much. I hate the team, the fans, the organization, the city, the Golden Gate Bridge, every gas station in San Fran, every bird that flies in San Fran.... Everything. I hate them. Hate is such a strong word, which is why im so proud to use it.

I do respect the 2 or 3 fans on here (except 5x49ers), because they are good to talk football with.

And I will admit that the Niners are a great team. AWESOME defense. Insanely disciplined blocking. Gore plays like hes 23 years old, very good. They have a great coach (even though hes a tool).

But i just am getting sick of seeing an article, like on PFT, about maybe the Lions having a dinged up player, and then having a Niners fan come on and talk trash. It gets old. Real old.

Good job with the win, your a great team. But man do I hate them. Sorry.

Go Lions

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 17th, 2012, 7:56 pm
RIP Killer

modninerfan wrote:
The lions are really the only team they do this to. The last time I've heard them get into a twitter or media war was Vernon Davis and Darnell dockett a couple years go. Your comment is based solely between two teams and two games and doesnt reflect our team accurately... and hope all you want but 0-14 isnt gonna happen. Please dont mistake me as somebody talking up his team because we won, I legitimately love analyzing games and stats.

I think the 49ers are a team that is frustrated by how the media represents us. When we actually do get coverage it comes with a demeaning slant. They're still all acting surprised like we came out of nowhere, or that its weird seeing a defense beating all these Offensive powerhouses. Apparently our tactics are old and inferior, who woulda thought we could win so many games??? :roll: Our offense takes the brunt of this, and when they face a D-line that touts itself as the best they should be proud of the fact they handled them well.

Welcome to our world. How does it feel?

The actions of one or two players DURING THE COURSE OF PLAY are grabbed and run with by the media, and the Lions and their coach are made out to be dirty, rotten cheaters.

The difference is, the things that happened with Suh, Pettigrew, etc. happened in the heat of battle, and at a time when the officiating was questionable, at best (New Orleans and Green Bay games were jokes). Your players are mouthing off well beyond the game. In my eyes, that's a big difference. I never heard the Patriots mouthing off that much after a victory when they were winning Super Bowls galore. I don't mind a little talk before the game, or even during the game when emotions are running high. But what is done, is done. As I said, now it sounds as if your guys are just strutting around like peacocks, trying to defend the fact that Smith got planted a few times.

I don't believe the 49ers will lose the remaining games on the schedule. In fact, I didn't really have a big problem with them until Anthony "Baby" Davis and Joe "Wah, Wah" Staley opened their yaps. But now, I hope they get crushed.

As for Harbaugh...yes, he showed a bunch of class last night after the game. I think he and Schwartz were determined not to relive last years debacle. Shiano and Coughlin took the spotlight off their end of game handshake. But, as I said, I find it interesting that there were more than a few 49ers fans calling our team dirty, when in fact it's your guys that can't shut up even after gaining a hard fought win. Lack. Of. Class.

September 17th, 2012, 7:59 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

And I hope this one settles the Avril/Davis tiff... it looks like Avril had Davis by the back of the helmet. Davis in retaliation continued blocking Avril, eventually into the dirt. Two heated players going at it, that is all.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

modninerfan wrote:
And I hope this one settles the Avril/Davis tiff... it looks like Avril had Davis by the back of the helmet. Davis in retaliation continued blocking Avril, eventually into the dirt. Two heated players going at it, that is all.

That photo makes it look like Davis is holding Avril IMO.

September 17th, 2012, 8:12 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

aManNamedSuh wrote:
modninerfan wrote:

That photo makes it look like Davis is holding Avril IMO.

When I played football our coach always said holding chest pads was fair game so long as you remained in front of him, the moment he slips to the side you gotta let go or you'll get called for holding. You know that saying "there is holding on every play" ? Refs wont call that unless Avril tries a rip technique and gets to Davis' side.

this applies to run plays of course, which i'm pretty sure that was

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 17th, 2012, 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Ok Joe... here's that sig. I gotta run so I couldnt make anything fancy, Crabtree won the game ball, Davis had two touchdowns, Gore and Alex had nice games... there really isnt a definitive MVP of this game. Niner fans say it was Alex, but i wouldnt be that cruel to give you alex \:D/

You never responded to my suggestion that we make it a year so if you wanna stick with a month thats cool.

September 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Nope, I Said I'm down for whatever so a year it is. And this will do. Could have been worse :wink:

I'll change it tomorrow when I'm n a pc

September 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

regularjoe12 wrote:
Nope, I Said I'm down for whatever so a year it is. And this will do. Could have been worse :wink:

If we meet in the playoffs, I'd like to put that profile pic on the the table too.

September 17th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

modninerfan wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

If we meet in the playoffs, I'd like to put that profile pic on the the table too.

We'll see. I'm pushin it with the guys having to wear that for the seaon. They may lynch me if I hafta wear it durring the offseason too :shock: :wink:

September 17th, 2012, 8:50 pm
RIP Killer

modninerfan wrote:

Not making any excuses for Avril, but there's a problem with an image like this. Almost certainly there was some stuff going on before this between the two. That's not what's being seen here.

If you were to watch last years game between the Lions and Packers on Turkey Day, you would see what preceeded the stomp by Suh. While I don't condone what Suh did, he was telling the officials about what was being done to him and they never flagged Green Bay. He got kneed in the nuts a couple times, and it wasn't by accident.

So posting an image like this really proves nothing. It's like the officials flagging a guy for punching a guy, but it happens after he's already been punched first. The only thing mentioned is the retaliation, but in reality it is the inital contact that should be punished.

September 18th, 2012, 12:38 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
modninerfan wrote:

Not making any excuses for Avril, but there's a problem with an image like this. Almost certainly there was some stuff going on before this between the two. That's not what's being seen here.

If you were to watch last years game between the Lions and Packers on Turkey Day, you would see what preceeded the stomp by Suh. While I don't condone what Suh did, he was telling the officials about what was being done to him and they never flagged Green Bay. He got kneed in the nuts a couple times, and it wasn't by accident.

So posting an image like this really proves nothing. It's like the officials flagging a guy for punching a guy, but it happens after he's already been punched first. The only thing mentioned is the retaliation, but in reality it is the inital contact that should be punished.

Posting images are very hard to do unless it wasn't going on all game, but this one was on both sides.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 18th, 2012, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Trust me I'm trying to find the video... the pic is obviously a screen shot of somebody's TV or PC, so they have the video. I got this from the 49ers Forum. It was one of those situations where I didnt see any of it during the game till both were planted on the ground.

September 18th, 2012, 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Looks like they were playing football, and?

September 19th, 2012, 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

IT'S OVER! IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Last year, this game was a big deal. This year, it's week 2... no big deal.

Week 3 is coming up. Can we move on?

September 19th, 2012, 11:12 am

49ers wrote:
IT'S OVER! IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Last year, this game was a big deal. This year, it's week 2... no big deal.

Week 3 is coming up. Can we move on?

HEY! Soemone could be wrong on the internets! this MUST be rectified!!!! :wink:

September 19th, 2012, 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next