View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions 
Post Re: Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions
And I'll add... It looked a helluva lot closer than it was. SF owned us all day. There was never a time when we had momentum or it looked like we were going to win. We didn't dominate one quarter of that game, and at no time did it look like we were going to sustain anything that was going to give SF trouble.

September 17th, 2012, 2:31 pm
Varsity Captain

49ers wrote:
I'm picking the 49ers, and I hate to say it to you guys, but I don't even think the score will be close; A 49ers win by 14 points or more is what I expect.

Mine wasn't bad. I was close on the score (damn late td). But I was right. The game wasn't close, basically. I fear playing the Vikings at Minn more than I did the Lions at home. Damn turf.... upset waiting to happen.

September 17th, 2012, 9:44 pm
League MVP

49ers wrote:
49ers wrote:
I'm picking the 49ers, and I hate to say it to you guys, but I don't even think the score will be close; A 49ers win by 14 points or more is what I expect.

Mine wasn't bad. I was close on the score (damn late td). But I was right. The game wasn't close, basically. I fear playing the Vikings at Minn more than I did the Lions at home. Damn turf.... upset waiting to happen.

you were one third down stop from going to OT pal, it looked like the 49ers were in control but it was a close game

September 17th, 2012, 9:52 pm
Varsity Captain

The Legend wrote:
you were one third down stop from going to OT pal, it looked like the 49ers were in control but it was a close game

That's not even true. I guess you're assuming that the 49ers would play a relaxed defense and allow the Lions to score a TD and a 2-point conversion without much of a fight. One third down stop, one long drive, and one 2-point conversion away... not that close imo.

Packers fans said the same crap last week. All sportscasters acknowledging a complete domination on the Lions, and not because the Lions are weak. This is a damn good football team.

September 17th, 2012, 10:59 pm
Heisman Winner

49ers wrote:
The Legend wrote:

That's not even true. I guess you're assuming that the 49ers would play a relaxed defense and allow the Lions to score a TD and a 2-point conversion without much of a fight. One third down stop, one long drive, and one 2-point conversion away... not that close imo.

Packers fans said the same crap last week. All sportscasters acknowledging a complete domination on the Lions, and not because the Lions are weak. This is a damn good football team.

One possession away. You sound so arrogant it's not even funny. While the game was completely dominated by the 9ers, the score was very close. The 9ers COULDN'T put the knock out blow to the Lions.

September 17th, 2012, 11:36 pm
League MVP

49ers wrote:
The Legend wrote:

agree that the 49ers are a very good football team but it was still a close game. yes i made an assumption but at least im not throwing away the reality that the Lions hung around in that game all the way til the onside kick. heck, you even dismissed the lions TD as if it was a garbage time score. harbaugh was calling timeouts, intense as ever in those moments right up until kyle williams recovered that kick. at least he knew it was a close game...

go ahead, tell me you d be comfortable if stafford and CJ had the ball with 5 minutes to go down a score - i still dont believe you

anyway, congrats on the win and I wish the Lions had taken it but you might want to check the date on the super bowl bc they dont hand out the trophy in september

September 18th, 2012, 2:00 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

this is the first time in about 13 games I didnt "predict the game" because I found nothing encouraging about this matchup. I'm a giant lion homer and for the first time since the Staff infection, I fully 100% thought we would lose for sure. I am surprised at how it happened though. I knew SF would D-up CJ but I'm concerned that Young sr, Burleson, Scheff did absolutely nothing. That was our only chance to win. Someone who is not a star needs to step up and at this point, I'd almost rather see Ryan Broyles in there instead of Titus. We need someone to "get open". What we are asking Calvin Johnson to do is not realistic. When Stafford learns that, we will be much better and so will Calvin

The running game has looked better than I thought and Leshoure could be a back that can finally make people respect our run game a little more but our 2 & 3 WRs need to start earning more shots.

September 18th, 2012, 2:24 am
RIP Killer

I cannot believe Titus just simply gave up running that route when that was as clear a TD as they could sniff on the day.

September 18th, 2012, 4:20 am
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
I cannot believe Titus just simply gave up running that route when that was as clear a TD as they could sniff on the day.

I agree. I about pulled my hair out when I saw that. He needs to grow up and step up. NOW.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 18th, 2012, 9:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If Broyles is healthy, I don't see how he could possibly be any worse than what Titus Young has been so far. I really hope we can get him on the field soon. If Titus does'nt want to be out there than phuck him. We need everyone to buy in if we want to compete in the playoffs year in and year out.

September 18th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
49ers wrote:
The Legend wrote:

agree that the 49ers are a very good football team but it was still a close game. yes i made an assumption but at least im not throwing away the reality that the Lions hung around in that game all the way til the onside kick. heck, you even dismissed the lions TD as if it was a garbage time score. harbaugh was calling timeouts, intense as ever in those moments right up until kyle williams recovered that kick. at least he knew it was a close game...

go ahead, tell me you d be comfortable if stafford and CJ had the ball with 5 minutes to go down a score - i still dont believe you

anyway, congrats on the win and I wish the Lions had taken it but you might want to check the date on the super bowl bc they dont hand out the trophy in september

Yeah. they can have this one. I would rather win when it matters. IN THE PLAYOFFS. LOL.

September 19th, 2012, 12:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I agree. I about pulled my hair out when I saw that. He needs to grow up and step up. NOW.

I bet Schwartz kicks him in his junk this week in practice. LOL.

September 19th, 2012, 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6