View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 49ers 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 49ers
49ers wrote:
IT'S OVER! IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Last year, this game was a big deal. This year, it's week 2... no big deal.

Week 3 is coming up. Can we move on?

Try telling Anthony Davis and Joe Staley that next time. They are the whole reason this thread continued into this realm.

September 19th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Team MVP

You can't tell their fans nothin let alone the actual niners players.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 19th, 2012, 2:34 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
kdsberman wrote:
You can't tell their fans nothin let alone the actual niners players.

So true, like talking to a wall.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 19th, 2012, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

A reporter asked them their opinion of the lions Dline, they answered honestly. Big deal... They didn't go out of their way on twitter to blast your team.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 19th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

modninerfan wrote:
A reporter asked them their opinion of the lions Dline, they answered honestly. Big deal... They didn't go out of their way on twitter to blast your team.

while some of my bretheren are making a big deal about it when it's not...It's still a huge lack of class. after you beat someone all your supposed to say to the public after the game is, they played tough, we did well, we're happy for the win.

both of em showed a severe lack of class. BUT just like the handshake last year, it's over. it's time to move on.

EDIT: my stupid photobucket account locked me out. as soon as I get that straight Il be wearing your sig. Im not balking , I promise

September 19th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Modmin Dude

FWIW:
PFT wrote:
Suh sends it back at Staley after “cheap” comments
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 19, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT

Whether or not Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is dating some person named Lolo Jones is of no interest to me whatsoever.

In fact, if mentioning her name wasn’t helpful to the set-up of a good shots-fired moment, I probably wouldn’t have mentioned her at all.

At the end of an interview Wednesday, Suh was asked about the Jones rumors (which apparently exist), and turned his attention to the 49ers offensive line.

“Ha ha, that’s funny. Real funny. Just like Joe Staley’s comments,” Suh said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

The left tackle said the Lions defensive line was cheap and overrated, after his team’s 27-19 win Sunday night.

“I find it very interesting and laughable sometimes, but it’s not my concern,” Suh said when told of Staley’s comments. “I don’t go against him. The times that, I guess, I have, I’ve never had an issue with him. If he has an issue with me, he knows where to find me.”

As for the Lions line being overrated, Suh replied: “People are going to say what they want to say. Especially, I mean, you get a win, feel like you can talk. Great for you. That doesn’t really mean [expletive] to me.”

Suh has 2.5 sacks in two games, but called it a “very average start.”

“To me, if anything, I’m at where I’m supposed to be, or below,” Suh said. “There’s still things [I can do better]. A lot of mistakes. Things that I can see on the film that I’ve got to be able to adjust and make more plays. I’ve been put in some positions to where I can make plays. I can think back to the first game, I can think back to last game. So there’s still a lot of growth left.”

And if nothing else, there’s always Lolo Jones. Whoever she is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -comments/

September 19th, 2012, 5:38 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
FWIW:
PFT wrote:

Whether or not Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is dating some person named Lolo Jones is of no interest to me whatsoever.

In fact, if mentioning her name wasn’t helpful to the set-up of a good shots-fired moment, I probably wouldn’t have mentioned her at all.

At the end of an interview Wednesday, Suh was asked about the Jones rumors (which apparently exist), and turned his attention to the 49ers offensive line.

“Ha ha, that’s funny. Real funny. Just like Joe Staley’s comments,” Suh said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

The left tackle said the Lions defensive line was cheap and overrated, after his team’s 27-19 win Sunday night.

“I find it very interesting and laughable sometimes, but it’s not my concern,” Suh said when told of Staley’s comments. “I don’t go against him. The times that, I guess, I have, I’ve never had an issue with him. If he has an issue with me, he knows where to find me.”

As for the Lions line being overrated, Suh replied: “People are going to say what they want to say. Especially, I mean, you get a win, feel like you can talk. Great for you. That doesn’t really mean [expletive] to me.”

“To me, if anything, I’m at where I’m supposed to be, or below,” Suh said. “There’s still things [I can do better]. A lot of mistakes. Things that I can see on the film that I’ve got to be able to adjust and make more plays. I’ve been put in some positions to where I can make plays. I can think back to the first game, I can think back to last game. So there’s still a lot of growth left.”

and this is from our KING of cheap shots.... Niners fans have something to be ashamed of IMO...

September 19th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Team MVP

Not being biased, but if Suh went one-on-one with Staley, im pretty sure Suh would destroy him. NOT THAT IT MATTERS.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 19th, 2012, 7:29 pm
RIP Killer

modninerfan wrote:

If their responses don't show a lack of class to you, then so be it. If it were Jeff Backus and Gosder Cherilus saying the same thing about the 49ers defense, I'd be embarrassed for our team to respond like that. And I'm SURE that 49ers fans would be calling them sore losers.

September 19th, 2012, 10:31 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
FWIW:
PFT wrote:

and this is from our KING of cheap shots.... Niners fans have something to be ashamed of IMO...

49ers fans are just flat out stupid.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 19th, 2012, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Lions2SB2 wrote:

Looks like the lions did the pulling to the ground... not the other way around [-X

ImageImage

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

modninerfan wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Looks like the lions did the pulling to the ground... not the other way around [-X

ImageImage

without being able to hear the whistle, it's tough to place fault on the correct person. Was the whistle blown, and the blocking still going on? If so, the 49ers are at fault. If the whistle hadn't blown, then Avril is at fault.

September 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm

bah! it's just 2 guys getting physical is all I see. prolly would have had a call with the real refs, but all in all that play didn't decide the game...nor does it excuse post game garbage mouth on either side.

September 20th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Modmin Dude

MLive wrote:
San Francisco 49ers' postgame banter about Detroit Lions 'pretty silly,' says Kyle Vanden Bosch
By Philip Zaroo | pzaroo@mlive.com
on September 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

You'll have to forgive Kyle Vanden Bosch for not running to his iPad to Tweet a response to Joe Staley after the San Francisco 49ers left tackle called out the Detroit Lions following his team's 27-19 victory last Sunday night.

First, Vanden Bosch doesn't do Twitter.

Second, even if he had a Twitter account, he wouldn't use it to bicker with other players.

"Honestly, I think anything said about an opponent after the game, other than 'They played played hard, they did good,' I think it's silly," Vanden Bosch told Mitch Albom during his weekly interview on WJR 760 Detroit. "I don't know why Joe Staley would say we're overrated. I don't know why players would continue (talking trash after the game). Honestly, when I'm on the football field, I talk all kinds of trash. But once the game's over, I shake everybody's hand. We battled, did our best, and whoever won, congratulations to them.

"But it's stupid to let it carry on, and go back and forth. Really, when it happens, it's not even a fight between men because it's on Twitter, and it's through the media."

Vanden Bosch knows the petty feuds being waged on social media sites, newspapers and TV are more TMZ than MMA. The behavior is something the 33-year-old father could expect from one of his three children.

When 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis used his Twitter account to attack Lions defensive end Cliff Avril after "Handshake-gate" last season, it was a sign of immaturity - a peacock strutting for the rest of the Twitterverse.

It certainly wasn't grown-man behavior.

"It's not something that's handled between men, and it's not a fight," Vanden Bosch said. "It's something you want to get recognition that it's going back and forth. I don't know, I think it's pretty silly."

Email Philip Zaroo at pzaroo@mlive.com or follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/philipzaroo.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river
What KVB said

September 20th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

regularjoe12 wrote:
bah! it's just 2 guys getting physical is all I see. prolly would have had a call with the real refs, but all in all that play didn't decide the game...nor does it excuse post game garbage mouth on either side.

I've already said my piece about the post game, its in poor taste. Not a big deal though. I think the results speak for themselves, the post game comments arent necessary. Had you guys beat us and then retort, "their defense aint poop" I wouldnt like it of course, but I wouldnt get all upset about it. I mean, you guys beat us...

As for the Gif's those are the exact same plays many lions fans were up in arms about... I personally dont think a little shoving after the whistle is worthy of a penalty, but that second gif showing Avril shoving walker's helmet to the ground was over the top. Cracks me up seeing Suh breaking up the near fight, of all people lol.

September 20th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next