View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Quick Question 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Quick Question
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Huh? I'd of thought this would have people crawling all over it, guess not!

Haven't seen it yet buddy. Was never really caught up in the hype, and never read the book.

September 19th, 2012, 10:33 pm
QB Coach

I've seen it. I didn't draw any of the conclusions/parallels you did. I just didn't think about real world anything during the movie. It's a fictional story, written for teens/young adults, and I didn't read anything else into it. I can see where you're coming from somewhat, but I didn't have any of those thoughts you described while watching the movie.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 20th, 2012, 1:17 am
Modmin Dude

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I've seen it. I didn't draw any of the conclusions/parallels you did. I just didn't think about real world anything during the movie. It's a fictional story, written for teens/young adults, and I didn't read anything else into it.
Pretty much this.

September 20th, 2012, 10:13 am
QB Coach

No worries, but I wonder if you were to watch it again would you see it as I saw it?

That would be interesting!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 20th, 2012, 2:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

WarEr4Christ wrote:
No worries, but I wonder if you were to watch it again would you see it as I saw it?

Ill let ya know next week. The little woman wants to have a quiet movie night on friday and thats what she wants to watch...and being 8 months prego, whats she wants she gets! :wink:

September 20th, 2012, 3:26 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Not likely, mainly because I don't equate:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
wealthy, do as I say not as I do, homosexual, metrosexual, arts crowd
with
WarEr4Christ wrote:
that is best represented by the "Liberal" crowd today.
Then again, I usually try to stay away from any labels whatsoever.

That being said, looking back on it, I could see where the civilization structure could be analogous to the monarchies of the past:

The Capital, or Central Government - King's castle

wealthy, do as I say not as I do, liberal, homosexual, metrosexual, arts crowd - Royalty and those on the castle grounds

districts were populated by hardworking, families who were just trying to survive, and it was up to them to provide for the needs of the Government - King's subjects

Those who supported the system or lived in the Capital, lived well, those who didn't starved, struggled, and had to offer up their young for "hunger games." - Those living within the Castle walls lived well, while those who didn't starved, struggled and had to make offerings to the King

September 20th, 2012, 3:45 pm

i duuno..... :-k ....
Quote:

seems to fit you pretty well ya hippy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I KID I KID! lol just couldn't miss taking that shot :twisted:

to be honest what you summed up there in your post was pretty much what I am expecting. Some cross between that and the government style you see on "V" (the movie..not the lizard people TV show)

September 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm
QB Coach

Nah, I'm actually from the brown collar, dirty finger nails, knuckle draggin clan, and don't mix well with the pharasaical, education class. I find them to be soft, and proud, and quite frankly feminized, and it rubs me the wrong way. Most of the people I work with associate with that group, and don't watch football because it's too violent. Needless to say, we're on opposite sides of the aisle.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 20th, 2012, 5:23 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
i duuno..... :-k ....
Quote:

seems to fit you pretty well ya hippy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I KID I KID! lol just couldn't miss taking that shot :twisted:
Me? Hippy? hat36.gif I have NO idea what you're talking about, sir! :wink: :lol:

September 20th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Ok I have finally gotten around to checking out the movie, I agree with the earlier statement that it a pretty good movie and well worth watching, but not quite worth the crazy hype that it got.

If I had to compare their lifestyle to anything I would compare it to Rome. The capitol was rich and pampered while the outlying territories would have to fend for themselves and forced to pay tributes for being a conquered people. I saw no references that would lead me to any conservative or liberal agendas....sorry W4C.

September 30th, 2012, 11:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2