View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Random thoughts after week 2 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Random thoughts after week 2
thelomasbrowns wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
We always play the Vikings close, so I'll never take a win against them for granted. Currently they have nothing on the outside--that's what's holding their offense back.

what do you mean "on the outside"? You cant mean WR as that percy harvin Kid is pretty darned good!

Yeah, he's awesome, but he plays more in the slot and at halfback. He's like the good Stefan Logan.

who catches more balls in one game than Logan will catch in his career! lol :wink: they need a true#1 though I will agree with you. why they let Rice go is a puzzle to me.

September 19th, 2012, 1:16 pm
Pro Bowl Player

UK Lion wrote:
So I finished watching the niners game last night, and here are some of my random thoughts from watching the Lions so far. All comments and additional thoughts very welcome (help me understand what's going on, guys!). In no particular order (I did say random):

17. Two games down and our worst ST blunder was Logan running backwards and a hold vs the Rams. That's a massive improvement from last season. To be fair, you could have put my 4 year old daughter on the field and seen a massive improvement (she may be small, but she's aggressive and is intelligent enough to understand the idea of not allowing the returner to get outside), but still I'll take it.

Talking with an avid Lions fan at work, we realized that Hanson's missed field goal -3 points coupled together with the roughing the kicker leading to a touchdown -4 points were the biggest difference in the game. The last touchdown drive Stafford had with a 2 point conversion would have meant OT. A lot of IF's go along with that of course, but the game wasn't far off. We will all feel better after we beat the snot out of one of the leagues door mats Sunday - Trap game -

September 19th, 2012, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Ferris wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
So I finished watching the niners game last night, and here are some of my random thoughts from watching the Lions so far. All comments and additional thoughts very welcome (help me understand what's going on, guys!). In no particular order (I did say random):

17. Two games down and our worst ST blunder was Logan running backwards and a hold vs the Rams. That's a massive improvement from last season. To be fair, you could have put my 4 year old daughter on the field and seen a massive improvement (she may be small, but she's aggressive and is intelligent enough to understand the idea of not allowing the returner to get outside), but still I'll take it.

Talking with an avid Lions fan at work, we realized that Hanson's missed field goal -3 points coupled together with the roughing the kicker leading to a touchdown -4 points were the biggest difference in the game. The last touchdown drive Stafford had with a 2 point conversion would have meant OT. A lot of IF's go along with that of course, but the game wasn't far off. We will all feel better after we beat the snot out of one of the leagues door mats Sunday - Trap game -

I usually don't make excuses when we lose, but what you just said isn't a bad excuse and I was thinking about the same thing. Those things happening differently could've changed the game. I really hope we get to play them again, especially with our secondary healthy.

Also, is it just me or has Hanson been missing FGs against good teams a lot since the 2011 season?

September 19th, 2012, 3:55 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Shotty wrote:
Ferris wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I usually don't make excuses when we lose, but what you just said isn't a bad excuse and I was thinking about the same thing. Those things happening differently could've changed the game. I really hope we get to play them again, especially with our secondary healthy.

Also, is it just me or has Hanson been missing FGs against good teams a lot since the 2011 season?

He is getting old

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 19th, 2012, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Ferris wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

He is getting old

Unfortunately... It might be time by this season's end. His leg has gotten very noticeably weaker. Hopefully we can hit the jackpot with a kicker like the Ravens did with their new kicker.

September 19th, 2012, 4:12 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Ferris wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

He is getting old

Unfortunately... It might be time by this season's end. His leg has gotten very noticeably weaker. Hopefully we can hit the jackpot with a kicker like the Ravens did with their new kicker.

Even Minnesota kicker.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 19th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i really dont trust hanson beyond 40yrds anymore.

September 19th, 2012, 4:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:
i really dont trust hanson beyond 40yrds anymore.

I wouldn't say that. Dude only missed one beyond 50 last year if memory serves me right. He's not the same old hanson that can boot a 65 yarder. but he's no slouch yet either. each year he BEATS his compatition. he's earned the right to be on the team this year and I'm fine with that.

September 19th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Is there anyone that still wishes we had gone with Scott Pioli instead of Mayhew?

September 19th, 2012, 8:13 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Is there anyone that still wishes we had gone with Scott Pioli instead of Mayhew?

Yeah....wjb does. :lol:

September 19th, 2012, 10:26 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Yeah....wjb does. :lol:

No, he wishes we had gone with HIM, not anyone in the business.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 20th, 2012, 5:11 am
Varsity Captain

:cheers: lol

September 20th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2