View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Detroit Lions still unsure when S Louis Delmas will return 
Team MVP

Post Re: Detroit Lions still unsure when S Louis Delmas will retu
I hate to just to conclusions, but these days, I dont even include Delmas in the defensive backfield. Whats the point? When someone says, whos the Lions FS? Why would I answer with Delmas?

Sorry, but this position has GOT to be addressed. Remember how we all wanted a DE? LB? OT? I think this is the same, but times 10.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 20th, 2012, 7:53 pm
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
I hate to just to conclusions, but these days, I dont even include Delmas in the defensive backfield. Whats the point? When someone says, whos the Lions FS? Why would I answer with Delmas?

Sorry, but this position has GOT to be addressed. Remember how we all wanted a DE? LB? OT? I think this is the same, but times 10.

i hate to say this but its easy to blame the beat up secondary. i actually think they ve held up fairly well. the biggest problem the Lions have had so far and I hate to say this even more has been the Lions QB. He needs to get back on track and no I dont think he s hurt this time.

September 20th, 2012, 9:36 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
The Legend wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

i hate to say this but its easy to blame the beat up secondary. i actually think they ve held up fairly well. the biggest problem the Lions have had so far and I hate to say this even more has been the Lions QB. He needs to get back on track and no I dont think he s hurt this time.

I don't either, I wonder if it's because of the year he had last year?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 21st, 2012, 12:05 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I am hoping that it isn't a delayed Sophomore slump, being that this is really his REAL 2nd year in the NFL, because he never completed the first two seasons.

The only good news is that it's infectious and seems to be going throughout the NFCN.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 21st, 2012, 8:38 am
Modmin Dude

The Legend wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Its hard to say bc its not clear what kind of surgery Delmas had done. The article said he had tendonitis but that is not a common reason to have surgery in the knee. If he had just a simple knee scope the swelling would probably improve by about 2 weeks post op and I imaging he would be ready to go. If he had more of a meniscus repair, ligament reconstruction, microfracture he would be out much longer and would not be week to week. I suppose its possible he had surgery for patella tendonitis with an open incision. Even with that though I would think he would be back in 6 weeks or so. with mathews clavicle fracture - its a bone that heals reliably and predictably in 6 weeks or so and if they operated on him and are confident in the surgical fixation than they could let him go back before 6 weeks although its with some risk.

I think people want to dump Best bc it is inevitable that another concussion will occur especially with the sport and position he plays. As for Delmas he does seem to be injury prone type of guy but none of his injuries have that chronic nature to them where they are always nagging him or likely to reoccur
Like I said above, 8 MONTHS and still not healed. At his age, he could've had a knee replacement and been ready to play by now ](*,)
his injury last season was to the other knee
My mistake...thought it was same knee, that said this is just another indication he may be Bob Sanders part deux...

September 21st, 2012, 9:50 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
The Legend wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Its hard to say bc its not clear what kind of surgery Delmas had done. The article said he had tendonitis but that is not a common reason to have surgery in the knee. If he had just a simple knee scope the swelling would probably improve by about 2 weeks post op and I imaging he would be ready to go. If he had more of a meniscus repair, ligament reconstruction, microfracture he would be out much longer and would not be week to week. I suppose its possible he had surgery for patella tendonitis with an open incision. Even with that though I would think he would be back in 6 weeks or so. with mathews clavicle fracture - its a bone that heals reliably and predictably in 6 weeks or so and if they operated on him and are confident in the surgical fixation than they could let him go back before 6 weeks although its with some risk.

I think people want to dump Best bc it is inevitable that another concussion will occur especially with the sport and position he plays. As for Delmas he does seem to be injury prone type of guy but none of his injuries have that chronic nature to them where they are always nagging him or likely to reoccur
Like I said above, 8 MONTHS and still not healed. At his age, he could've had a knee replacement and been ready to play by now ](*,)
his injury last season was to the other knee
My mistake...thought it was same knee, that said this is just another indication he may be Bob Sanders part deux...

The fact is, Delmas hasn't been able to stay on the field, and the play out of whoever is lined up next to him has been sketchy at best. We can't move forward relying on Delmas to stay healthy, just like the Lions can't move forward expecting Jahvid Best to miraculously recover and not get hurt again. Both players have shown flashes of potential, but neither can remain healthy enough to contribute in a meaningful way.

It's time to cut the apron strings with both of them and move on. The Lions have to address the safety position, first and foremost, in the upcoming off-season. Spievey is a hot mess when playing back there, Wendling has shown why he's a career backup, despite his good play in pre-season, and Coleman is OK as the backup to Delmas, but is older than what we want. Two safeties are needed, at least one out of the draft. If Delmas can come back, then we'd have quality depth.

September 21st, 2012, 3:31 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I remember freaking out because we didn't draft Lauranaitis. . . That's looking like a pretty good pick right about now

September 22nd, 2012, 12:24 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

In next year's draft, we'll probably be picking after the 16th spot if not after the 20th. Would that be a good time to get a Safety? Either that or with our 2nd round pick? We need to get our own Polamalou.

September 22nd, 2012, 5:25 pm
League MVP

Growler wrote:
In next year's draft, we'll probably be picking after the 16th spot if not after the 20th. Would that be a good time to get a Safety? Either that or with our 2nd round pick? We need to get our own Polamalou.

there s only one Polamalu and he s had a lot of problems with injuries. So who is the Polamalu clone in this year s draft bc I havent seen him. The fact is we d be hard pressed to get someone to come in and be as good as Delmas right out the gate plus we re also going to have some other big needs looming as well. Never mind that if we dont have Delmas, we ll need not 1 but 2 safeties...I ve never heard of moving on from someone bc he wasnt available Week 1-3 of the season. If Delmas can come back by week 6-7 and help stabilize the position I think a lot of opinions on here will change.

September 23rd, 2012, 8:39 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
Anwar Richardson
‏@AnwarRichardson
Hearing that #Lions S Louis Delmas will be back after the bye week
https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/sta ... 2397696000

September 23rd, 2012, 10:36 am
QB Coach

The bye is week 5 right? So we have the Titans today and the Vikes next week, both games we should be able to win. Our D has played pretty well for having nobodies in the secondary so a healthy Delmas would be a huge addition as long as he can stay on the field.

September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 am
Team MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
The bye is week 5 right? So we have the Titans today and the Vikes next week, both games we should be able to win. Our D has played pretty well for having nobodies in the secondary so a healthy Delmas would be a huge addition as long as he can stay on the field.

Ya he will be back after the bye week, but out again starting week 7. Not to be negative but..

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 23rd, 2012, 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2