View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions Vs. Tenessee? 
Author Message
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3167
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
49ers wrote:
I think this will be the game that the Lions finally put a full game together. Everyone is going to be scared of Detroit after this one.



I think Stafford at least has to get his mojo working in this game. I still don't know what's been up with him this season. The Titans actually have pretty good players in the secondary but they haven't looked good. I'm also worried that this is the game the Titans o-line puts it together and the other CJ gets at least 100 yards. We should still win but this is a team we should dominate and that's what I'm looking for today. Also, I'm excited to see what LeShoure brings to the table in the regular season.


September 23rd, 2012, 10:53 am
Profile
Red Shirt Freshman
User avatar

Joined: April 8th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Posts: 483
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Is it too early to start talking about the draft? This team doesn't look like a playoff contender.
They looked like the same old Lions of years past.


September 23rd, 2012, 4:33 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: December 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm
Posts: 785
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
why go for it lol


September 23rd, 2012, 4:51 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1129
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
WTF?

There were 4 better opportunities to go for it in regular time when we settled for FG attempts. NOW we get aggressive?


September 23rd, 2012, 4:53 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 767
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
did they have to go for it on that 4th down?


September 23rd, 2012, 4:56 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
gut wrenching loss.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 23rd, 2012, 4:57 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
i hate to say it but i think joe staley was right about our D-line

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 23rd, 2012, 5:10 pm
Profile
Stats Boy
User avatar

Joined: September 9th, 2012, 10:57 am
Posts: 17
Location: Lansing, MI
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.

_________________
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.
~Jack Lemmon


September 23rd, 2012, 6:55 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: WSU
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
fekko2 wrote:
The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.


Young played a fair amount, wasnt as good as KVB. they are playing less aggressive wide 9 and doing better stopping the run. they are getting burned less on the screens and delayed runs in exchange but they arent getting the pressures. its a tradeoff until they learn to read blocks/plays better which they apparently didnt do much of last season.

pettigrew is a jack a..


September 23rd, 2012, 7:41 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
The Legend wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.


Young played a fair amount, wasnt as good as KVB. they are playing less aggressive wide 9 and doing better stopping the run. they are getting burned less on the screens and delayed runs in exchange but they arent getting the pressures. its a tradeoff until they learn to read blocks/plays better which they apparently didnt do much of last season.

pettigrew is a jack a..


Agree. Especially the Pettigrew part.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


September 23rd, 2012, 8:34 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2249
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Run D is pretty solid. It's those 10 yard passes I worry about. It's almost like I don't want us to back them up on 1st and 2nd down because that means there's a burn coming. :cry:

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 23rd, 2012, 9:00 pm
Profile
Stats Boy
User avatar

Joined: September 9th, 2012, 10:57 am
Posts: 17
Location: Lansing, MI
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Like all of you, I'm just so pissed off at them today. We really didn't deserve to even have an overtime shot at this one. I feel like I was watching the "Old" Lions, not what I thought were my new Lions. Even with all the penalties last year, I felt like we had turned the corner. Like we had a new identity. This feels like we put it in reverse and checked out the old familiar places as we backed up into the handicapped parking spot!

The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.

_________________
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.
~Jack Lemmon


September 23rd, 2012, 9:23 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


September 23rd, 2012, 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 649
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?


Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.

_________________
Image


September 25th, 2012, 10:27 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?


Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.


This team if we play like we have, there is no way in hell we could play with Bears, Packers, hell Vikings looked good. I guess I should say I haven't lost faith in them yet, but I can say this they have to play A LOT better.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


September 25th, 2012, 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.