View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Titans 
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Titans
allenslions wrote:
dom fudge up.coach went apeshit on him after the game.

Good.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 23rd, 2012, 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

allenslions wrote:

Its pretty odd that a guy can play in pretty much every game for 10 years and not get any recognition or pro bowls. It's because he has been part of the problem for the last 10 years. He makes rookie mistakes and is an a**hole. Please tell what you guys see in him?

September 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm
1st Round Pick

Killwill25 wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Its pretty odd that a guy can play in pretty much every game for 10 years and not get any recognition or pro bowls. It's because he has been part of the problem for the last 10 years. He makes rookie mistakes and is an a**hole. Please tell what you guys see in him?

Nothing..

September 23rd, 2012, 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Rough week... I think I'm gonna go drink

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 23rd, 2012, 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

OMG! Wow. I shut the Internet radio off when the score was 27-41. Holy cow!

Why...why would you not just do the safe thing and kick the damned field goal? Make the Titans offense try another drive.

September 24th, 2012, 1:00 am
Varsity Captain

kdsberman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
We play Minnesota next week, who is 3-0 and just beat San Fran, who we couldnt do anything against offensively last week. This team has got to step it up about 9 or 10 notches.

Queens are 2-1. Just saying. Lost to the Colts. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/ ... ta-vikings

Other than that agree with everything.

Heartbreaking loss today. Effing heartbreaking.

September 24th, 2012, 2:07 am
League MVP

DeadHeadLion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
We play Minnesota next week, who is 3-0 and just beat San Fran, who we couldnt do anything against offensively last week. This team has got to step it up about 9 or 10 notches.

Queens are 2-1. Just saying. Lost to the Colts. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/ ... ta-vikings

hah, why does it say i wrote that - that was kdsberman

September 24th, 2012, 8:02 am
Team MVP

My mistake...2-1.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 24th, 2012, 9:07 am
Varsity Captain

Lions2SB2 wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Good.

+1. Every person in the world KNEW we were trying to draw them offsides...except apparently our 10 year veteran center who thought we might sneak it in in OT, with the game on the line, with a backup QB in, and a backup RB.
Dom, you undersized douche, you suck.

September 24th, 2012, 9:49 am
1st Round Pick

Falkes wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Good.

+1. Every person in the world KNEW we were trying to draw them offsides...except apparently our 10 year veteran center who thought we might sneak it in in OT, with the game on the line, with a backup QB in, and a backup RB.
Dom, you undersized douche, you suck.

I just want to hear Dom cut today. Would really make my day actually!

September 24th, 2012, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I was pissed about it too, but come on...you're going with a back up QB who had been playing for less than a quarter. These kinds of miscommunications happen. As others have said, we shouldn't have even been in the situation to begin with.

September 24th, 2012, 12:18 pm
Modmin Dude

This happened to me...went to commercial..WTH???
PFT wrote:
DirecTV apologizes for going to commercial on Lions’ Hail Mary
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 24, 2012, 7:21 AM EDT

The Lions sent Sunday’s game against the Titans into overtime with a 46-yard Hail Mary touchdown on the final play of regulation. And DirecTV sent some viewers to commercial at the worst possible time.

Just as Lions receiver Titus Young was catching the deflected pass and falling into the end zone, the game went to a commercial for some viewers who were watching the game on DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket feed.

“I don’t have all the details, but it was our error. We sincerely apologize to you and all the viewers who missed the TD,” DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer told me via email, after I inquired about the game cutting out on my own TV.

This isn’t the first time a game has mistakenly been taken to a commercial break while live game action was going on, but this is about the worst possible time it could have happened. Fans who pay for the Sunday Ticket package expect to be able to see every play, and this was a bad example of that not happening.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hail-mary/

PFT wrote:
12-yard error fuels Titans’ game-winning drive
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT

The NFL has been lucky, so far. No specific bad call by the replacement officials directly has resulted in a team losing a game that it should have won.

But there have been several calls that helped draw a dotted line to victory to a team that otherwise could have lost.

The most glaring mistake came on Sunday, when the replacement officials — aided by the non-replacement replay official and by a non-replacement league supervisor who is now in the booth — gave the Titans 12 extra yards on the opening drive of overtime, which resulted in the field goal that eventually won the game.

Peter King of SI.com explains what happened in Monday Morning Quarterback. The Titans had the ball on their 44. A pass from quarterback Jake Locker to tight end Craig Stevens resulted in a flag for unnecessary roughness on a hit from Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch. The officials also ruled that Stevens had caught the ball for a 24-yard gain, but on replay the call was overturned.

And when it was time to sort everything out, the officials marked off the penalty against Tulloch not from the Tennessee 44 — but from the Detroit 44.

The extra 12 yards gave the Titans a first down at the Detroit 29 instead of the 41. The Titans earned one more first down before the drive petered out, but there’s no way to know what would have happened if the Titans didn’t get the extra 12 yards.

The fact that the Lions had a chance to tie or win, which culminated in a curious decision that resulted in them doing neither, prevents the mistake from being the one that can easily be couched as a game-deciding blunder. The bigger problem is that the mistake happened even though the replay official and league supervisor are regular employees, not replacements.

So why the screw up? We suspect that everyone involved in game management is feeling a ton of pressure and stress, which can be the breeding ground for blunders.

Or maybe the locked-out officials are sufficiently skilled to make up for the incompetence of the replay official and/or the league supervisor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-drive/

September 24th, 2012, 3:23 pm
3rd Round Selection

The Legend wrote:
- who was saying that special teams have been good? I think it was UK LIon - please knock on some wood next time. Danny Crossman should be fired tomorrow morning. I dont care that Hanson nailed the long kicks or that we got the onside kick - Hanson s known how to play for a long time. The rest of the coverage guys dont work well as a unit.

Yup, it was my. My apologies to every Lions fan! :oops:

In an effort to reverse things:

1. ST look awful

2. D look awful

3. O look awful

4. We will lose every game from here on in and pick up the No 1 draft slot

(hopefully that gives us a chance!)

September 24th, 2012, 3:28 pm
Varsity Captain

The Legend wrote:
DeadHeadLion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

hah, why does it say i wrote that - that was kdsberman

Honestly; I don't know. Sorry about that lol. I'm just going to blame it on the booze.

September 24th, 2012, 4:52 pm
Junior Varsity

thelomasbrowns wrote:
These kinds of miscommunications happen. As others have said, we shouldn't have even been in the situation to begin with.

You make a good point about not having been in the situation to begin with TLB...but miscommunication? What play did Dom think we were running? He was the only person in the entire game...hell maybe the entire stadium that thought we were actually running a play. Yet another metal error. SMH

September 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next