View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Lions Vs. Tenessee? 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.

We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?

Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.

This team if we play like we have, there is no way in hell we could play with Bears, Packers, hell Vikings looked good. I guess I should say I haven't lost faith in them yet, but I can say this they have to play A LOT better.

Remember how good the special teams looked throughout the first two games, then fell apart vs Tennessee? Unexpected things happen, and I think Schwartz will go deeper into detail of his team than he ever had and solve our issues ASAP. Hopefully we can send our message against Minnesota. One thing I know for sure is that our defense has underperformed.

September 25th, 2012, 10:42 am
League MVP

Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.

We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?

Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.

This team if we play like we have, there is no way in hell we could play with Bears, Packers, hell Vikings looked good. I guess I should say I haven't lost faith in them yet, but I can say this they have to play A LOT better.

Remember how good the special teams looked throughout the first two games, then fell apart vs Tennessee? Unexpected things happen, and I think Schwartz will go deeper into detail of his team than he ever had and solve our issues ASAP. Hopefully we can send our message against Minnesota. One thing I know for sure is that our defense has underperformed.

unexpected things? the special teams was bad all preseason. they havent had a decent punter around here in years. this wasnt unexpected it was a matter of the inevitable breaking through, the law of averages catching up to us. the unexpected was the 1st two weeks where the kick coverage was reasonable.

people are blaming the defense but really how many points did they give up? they gave up just 2 big plays really and a total of what 23 points in the game where we score 41? in the first 2 games the defense was better than the offense. special teams and strange coaching lost this game. one draft can land you a punter and a return man - the lions FO just doesnt seem to be concerned about a team thats been bad on ST throughout this coaching staff's regime.

September 25th, 2012, 1:17 pm
Butkus Award Winner

The Legend wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:

unexpected things? the special teams was bad all preseason. they havent had a decent punter around here in years. this wasnt unexpected it was a matter of the inevitable breaking through, the law of averages catching up to us. the unexpected was the 1st two weeks where the kick coverage was reasonable.

people are blaming the defense but really how many points did they give up? they gave up just 2 big plays really and a total of what 23 points in the game where we score 41? in the first 2 games the defense was better than the offense. special teams and strange coaching lost this game. one draft can land you a punter and a return man - the lions FO just doesnt seem to be concerned about a team thats been bad on ST throughout this coaching staff's regime.

You have a point; we can definitely use a good punter. I just hope we don't take the Jacksonville approach and get one in the third round.

September 25th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Modmin Dude

They need another punter considering as Graham is hurt.
A couple of options:
Quote:
Bills give Brian Moorman the boot
Posted by Mike Florio on September 25, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT

Sean Powell eventually won.

Back in May, the undrafted rookie said he wanted to learn as much as he could from veteran punter Brian Moorman. And then take Moorman’s job.

Per multiple reports, the Bills will be releasing Moorman. Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills will be re-signing Powell.

Graham explains that the Bills decided to make the change because Moorman had “shaky games with directional punts.” But Powell, according to Graham, was also weak in that area.

The good news for Moorman is that, as a vested veteran, he’ll be entitled to receive the full amount of his $1.425 million base salary as termination pay. And he’ll also be able to join a new team, get paid, and keep the money from both teams.

Moorman, a Pro Bowler who is perhaps known for getting blown up by Sean Taylor in Hawaii, will likely land elsewhere, eventually. Even if he doesn’t, he’ll still get $83,823.53 per week for the next 14 weeks.

The move could be an unpopular one on the locker room. Veteran tailback Fred Jackson said via Twitter, “WTF??? Released Mooreman??? For What??“

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-boot/
MLive wrote:
Ben Graham's calf injury may force Detroit Lions to sign another punter
By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on September 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM

ALLEN PARK -- On his first punt of the game last Sunday, Detroit Lions' Ben Graham injured his calf. According to coach Jim Schwartz, Graham suffered the injury stepping into the kick, limiting its distance, and more importantly, significantly decreasing the hang time.

Because the punt was a low line drive, it allowed the Tennessee Titans to set up a trick play. Return man Darius Reynaud fielded the ball then threw a backward pass across the length of the field to teammate Tommie Campbell, who returned it 65 yards for a touchdown.

With Graham sidelined, veteran place kicker Jason Hanson took over the punting duties, doing an admirable job in the interim. On three punts, Hanson averaged 39.3 yards with a long of 46. It was his first time working in the role since 2003.

Graham's status is unclear for the Lions' upcoming game against the Minnesota Vikings. If he's unable to go, the team doesn't plan to go into the contest with Hanson working both jobs.

"He's the backup punter in the game," Schwartz said. "He wouldn't go into the game as the punter."

That could leave the Lions looking for an option on the free agent market. The team did some homework on the position earlier this month, working out five unidentified players.

It's also possible Detroit turns to a familiar face in its time of need. Nick Harris was spotted leaving the team's practice facility on Monday. He spent eight seasons with the Lions before he lost his job to rookie Ryan Donahue in training camp last season.

Schwartz declined to comment on if the team had signed Harris.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river

September 25th, 2012, 2:17 pm
Modmin Dude

aaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddd Nick Harris is back in the fold...

September 25th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:

Agree

The Legend wrote:
people are blaming the defense but really how many points did they give up? they gave up just 2 big plays really and a total of what 23 points in the game where we score 41?

Disagree - Ten was Averaging 11ppg before us. We were expected by many to Roll over them by 2 Touchdowns. The DL had mediocre pressure, appeared lackluster in all aspects and as we saw the DBs were atrocious when it counted. This is against a mediocre QB with (IMO) average receivers. While we did stop CJ2k I would rather have seen him run for 100+ and niether of the 2 60+ yd touchdowns happen.

The Legend wrote:
in the first 2 games the defense was better than the offense. special teams and strange coaching lost this game. one draft can land you a punter and a return man - the lions FO just doesnt seem to be concerned about a team thats been bad on ST throughout this coaching staff's regime.

Agreed but also Blame D. The O had a much better game other than Pett and Conservative Playcalling until the 4th quarter (common trend). Def agree about us not being concerned about bad ST. We ALWAYS lose the Field Position game.

September 25th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

DJ-B wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Agree

The Legend wrote:
people are blaming the defense but really how many points did they give up? they gave up just 2 big plays really and a total of what 23 points in the game where we score 41?

Disagree - Ten was Averaging 11ppg before us. We were expected by many to Roll over them by 2 Touchdowns. The DL had mediocre pressure, appeared lackluster in all aspects and as we saw the DBs were atrocious when it counted. This is against a mediocre QB with (IMO) average receivers. While we did stop CJ2k I would rather have seen him run for 100+ and niether of the 2 60+ yd touchdowns happen.

The Legend wrote:
in the first 2 games the defense was better than the offense. special teams and strange coaching lost this game. one draft can land you a punter and a return man - the lions FO just doesnt seem to be concerned about a team thats been bad on ST throughout this coaching staff's regime.

Agreed but also Blame D. The O had a much better game other than Pett and Conservative Playcalling until the 4th quarter (common trend). Def agree about us not being concerned about bad ST. We ALWAYS lose the Field Position game.

Tennessee was averaging 11ppg because the offensive line hadn't meshed yet. They replaced both guards and center, so they were spotty the first two games. They were still spotty in the run game.

In the pass game, Tennessee did what I bet every team we face will do, throw quick short passes. Except the two deep passes (which were both mistakes by Coleman and Wendling) the average pass was 9 yards. Locker didn't need long passes. The LB's couldn't drop deep into coverage because of CJ2k. They would have had them contained, except Coleman went for the ball instead of the tackle on Cook's TD and Wendling dove late infront of Washington probably anticipating a tipped ball instead of going for the tackle. But even with the 61 and 75 yard completions, Locker's average was only 13 yards.

The scheme might be an issue, but it's hard to get pressure on 3-step drops. Durant wasn't 100% so Levy was in on coverage and that's not his strong suit. Injuries have effected how they're playing D and I agree, it's not good right now. Gunther needs to figure out a way to offset the short drops, because Ponder will do the same thing.

September 25th, 2012, 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4