View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Travesty of Last Nights Game 

What Should Happen Now?
GB & Fans should suck it up, Refs make bad calls all the time. 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Leave it but Make sure that it is a Reviewable Call for the Future. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Goodell should Overturn the Call giving GB the win. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

The Travesty of Last Nights Game 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post The Travesty of Last Nights Game
Maybe I am an odd bird, but I've always prided myself on integrity. My Co-worker who is a Bears fan said last night was fantastic, and he loved seeing the game end like that because it helps his Bears and hurts the packers.

I cant bring myself to feel like that. As much as I was rooting for Seattle all game, and even as the last pass went up... It was an obvious Interception + Tate Pushed in the back fo a bad Offensive PI call that was not made. For the Replacement refs to miss it when they were right there staring right at it is inexecusable to the point that it makes you wont if there was real tampering with the refs themselves. At the time I was just blown away. Even my wife who doesnt watch much sports, and has just been learning football in the past 3 days (She watched UM-ND game with me asking questions) was watching the 4th Qtr with me last night, and was so proud of herself when on that last play she said "Wow, that was a Nice Interception", and then as the drama unfolded she looked at me and said "What the F$3K is going on, this isnt supposed to be this complicated is it?" and I had nothing to say to her.

GB won the game last night, and as much as it wont happen, the Only thing that could set it right would be for Goodell to do his damn job today and overturn that call. And yes if you are wondering, he does have that authority. He can overrule lasts nights refs, and since it was a game winning call 1 way or the other, he can effectively Give the game to the packers, and he should. He wont, because it makes his replacement refs look even worse, and he is trying to break the refs union, and considering that Game could end up having Major Playoff implications, it basically puts an Astarik next to this entire season unless GB wins out and ends up the NFCs #1 seed anyways (not likel).

I honestly dont even know if i will watch anymore NFL football this season,onent of Fair games and teams Earning it. Just such a Shame.

Also to clear it up for anyone wondering, while the guy upstairs is Not a replacement Ref, he also did not have the authority to do anything about the bad call on the Field. It was up to the 2 dudes (who signaled opposite originally) and the discussion on the field by the Refs. Once it went to the Booth all they could review is if the Pass was incomplete (I.E. touched the ground) and not whose posession it was in. That falls under a Judgement call and the booth doesnt overturn judgement calls. Whether or Not it was a Joint Catch or Interception IS NOT REVIEWABLE.. yet another stupid thing about this whole fiasco.

I for one feel like whatever "Glow" the NFL had left afcter the last Decade of its rise to the top all went out the window in 1 play last night, and the impotency of those who knew how F$#ked up the situation was to be unable to do anything about it.

September 25th, 2012, 12:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
3rd Round Selection

Post Re: The Travesty of Last Nights Game
Bad calls happen.

I think bad calls have increased, thanks to the replacements, but IMO the increase in criticism is way out of proportion to the increase in bad calls.

So I voted for the first option. GB should suck it up. As bad as the call was, the crap they have posted on twitter is worse. The people damaging the integrity of the game more are the players and coaches who think they have the right to treat the officials like sh*t.

September 25th, 2012, 12:31 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

DJ-B wrote:
Maybe I am an odd bird, but I've always prided myself on integrity. My Co-worker who is a Bears fan said last night was fantastic, and he loved seeing the game end like that because it helps his Bears and hurts the packers.

I cant bring myself to feel like that. As much as I was rooting for Seattle all game, and even as the last pass went up... It was an obvious Interception + Tate Pushed in the back fo a bad Offensive PI call that was not made. For the Replacement refs to miss it when they were right there staring right at it is inexecusable to the point that it makes you wont if there was real tampering with the refs themselves. At the time I was just blown away. Even my wife who doesnt watch much sports, and has just been learning football in the past 3 days (She watched UM-ND game with me asking questions) was watching the 4th Qtr with me last night, and was so proud of herself when on that last play she said "Wow, that was a Nice Interception", and then as the drama unfolded she looked at me and said "What the F$3K is going on, this isnt supposed to be this complicated is it?" and I had nothing to say to her.

GB won the game last night, and as much as it wont happen, the Only thing that could set it right would be for Goodell to do his damn job today and overturn that call. And yes if you are wondering, he does have that authority. He can overrule lasts nights refs, and since it was a game winning call 1 way or the other, he can effectively Give the game to the packers, and he should. He wont, because it makes his replacement refs look even worse, and he is trying to break the refs union, and considering that Game could end up having Major Playoff implications, it basically puts an Astarik next to this entire season unless GB wins out and ends up the NFCs #1 seed anyways (not likel).

I honestly dont even know if i will watch anymore NFL football this season,onent of Fair games and teams Earning it. Just such a Shame.

Also to clear it up for anyone wondering, while the guy upstairs is Not a replacement Ref, he also did not have the authority to do anything about the bad call on the Field. It was up to the 2 dudes (who signaled opposite originally) and the discussion on the field by the Refs. Once it went to the Booth all they could review is if the Pass was incomplete (I.E. touched the ground) and not whose posession it was in. That falls under a Judgement call and the booth doesnt overturn judgement calls. Whether or Not it was a Joint Catch or Interception IS NOT REVIEWABLE.. yet another stupid thing about this whole fiasco.

I for one feel like whatever "Glow" the NFL had left afcter the last Decade of its rise to the top all went out the window in 1 play last night, and the impotency of those who knew how F$#ked up the situation was to be unable to do anything about it.

Actually to your bolded, that's wrong. Possession on simultaneous catch is reviewable in the end zone, just not in regular field of play.

September 25th, 2012, 12:37 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
ESPN said it best and I wish NFL would do it. NHL when goals are under review instead of going up top to look at it at the stadium, they go to Toronto (NHL headquarters). NFL needs to start doing this.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 25th, 2012, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:
ESPN said it best and I wish NFL would do it. NHL when goals are under review instead of going up top to look at it at the stadium, they go to Toronto (NHL headquarters). NFL needs to start doing this.

NFL headquarters reviewed it today and said it was a TD.

September 25th, 2012, 12:44 pm
Heisman Winner

njroar wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

While I understand the outrage, I can see how they called it a TD. The defender looked to have "more" possession, Tate did have two arms on the ball too. I look at the call like this, no matter who reffed that game it would have been a debatable call. I lean toward an int in the end but I'm not a ref, replacement or not.

September 25th, 2012, 1:38 pm

njroar wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I'm shocked. :shock:

September 25th, 2012, 1:46 pm

FROM THE REFS THREAD:

DJ-B wrote:
Nobody in the country, including the NFL, the officials on site, Every member of both teams, and Everyone in the world watching that play saw Anything but an Offensive PI that wasnt called and an Interception. The Original official totally F'ed the call, and since a replay requires Indisputable proof they couldnt overturn it.

njroar wrote:
As to the pass interference I'd agree, but that wasn't called. The regular refs rarely make that call, so it's a non-issue in the call.

Could not disagree any harder. If there is an accidental bump, or shouldering someone out of the way, or the Jostling is in the middle of a pack trying to receive the Hail Mary it isnt called. IMO that wasnt even a Hail Mary, it wasnt nearly long enough, and he targeted an area of the Endzone, didnt just throw it up to anyone. On top of that, this wasnt "part of the pile", it was a covered receiver Shoving the player covering him to the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF A REF, and that is called every single time. If it isnt refs should be losing their jobs. Questionable calls can be let go under the premise of "let them play" but Blatant calls that are ignored either show Ineptitude, Favoritism, or potential cheating. Interesting that the same official that didnt call the PI is also the 1 who signaled the TD eh, even though he wasnt the closest official to the ball.

I dont know if its just the Packer hatred coming out, or if you like being a contrarian, but i dont see how any true football fan can come away anything but disgusted about last nights game. I might not even watch another NFL game this year including the Lions I felt so dirty after last night, and I was rooting for the Seahawks. Every Seahawk Player, Fan and Coach should be embarrased about being awarded a Victory they didnt earn. And when this ends up having an impact on the playoff picture later in the year, this issue will be brought back up like a "Black monday" reference over and over ... as it should be.

Unless he goes on to Win Super Bowls, the defining legacy of Russell Wilsons Career will be known as the Only Player in NFL History to Throw a Game Winning Interception.

September 25th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I refuse to believe this many people are Ok with that call. its got to be the GB hate. If that had happened to the Lions, there would be People here swearing off watching the NFL ever again / Writng Goodell & NFL Nasty Letters etc etc etc. Think Not.. we did the same when CJ got robbed of a TD years ago, and that was a Much more debateable situations than this.

There was a Blatant No Call Followed up by a Terrible Call that then couldnt be Overturned due to lack of Indisputable evidence. If you are Ok with that simply because it was the Packers that got fudge then IMO you arent a Fan of Football, you just want your team to win and enemies to lose whether they earned a Victory or not.

September 25th, 2012, 3:39 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
I love GB, but I still think it was a good call. Made my case on the other thread, no sense in making it again.

September 25th, 2012, 3:55 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I love GB, but I still think it was a good call. Made my case on the other thread, no sense in making it again.

the dual catch thing I can somewhat understand... Tate had one hand on the ball as Jennings had two. So in that case its a dual catch.

the Offensive PI was total bullshit. Absolutely blatant.

"Did you push off?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" :?

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 25th, 2012, 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
njroar wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I am talking right after the play happens..

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 25th, 2012, 6:29 pm
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:
njroar wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I am talking right after the play happens..

Well the replay official upstairs is a regular ref with a separate union from the refs association. They're league employees, so they basically have the home office at the game every week.

September 25th, 2012, 6:55 pm
Veteran General Manager

Hey GB, Welcome the Lions fans world. At least the crew that screwed the Packers was a replacement crew. The crew that screwed the Lions was supposedly the professional crew. Funny. We got screwed by a catch that was called a no catch. You got screwed by a no catch that was ruled a catch.

Suck it up. The NFL will adamantly defend the refs call. Even though they know darn well they are wrong. Heck, they applied the wrong rule to the situation to defend the moron ref that over ruled the first refs TD call.

September 25th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Lesson from the game: if you get beat on hail mary, give the other player a great big hug and you'll win.

September 25th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next