View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Travesty of Last Nights Game 

What Should Happen Now?
GB & Fans should suck it up, Refs make bad calls all the time. 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Leave it but Make sure that it is a Reviewable Call for the Future. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Goodell should Overturn the Call giving GB the win. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

The Travesty of Last Nights Game 
RIP Killer

Post Re: The Travesty of Last Nights Game
The Lions have been screwed so many times (think of the CJ 'process of the catch' and what horsesh1t that was), I have ZERO PITY for GB and their douchy fans.

It should have been the end of the game - no INT. The offensive PI was so blantant it was pathetic. Not to mention, Tate does that on damn near every catch.

The NFL needs to fold to these clowns.

FYI - quite a few crews of replacement refs were FIRED from the LFL (lingerie football league) for being complete garbage refs.

September 25th, 2012, 10:46 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

conversion02 wrote:
The Lions have been screwed so many times (think of the CJ 'process of the catch' and what horsesh1t that was), I have ZERO PITY for GB and their douchy fans.

It should have been the end of the game - no INT. The offensive PI was so blantant it was pathetic. Not to mention, Tate does that on damn near every catch.

The NFL needs to fold to these clowns.

FYI - quite a few crews of replacement refs were FIRED from the LFL (lingerie football league) for being complete garbage refs.

Via NFL Network...

Since 2005, in 87 Hail Mary situations, there have been ZERO offensive pass interference calls made.

September 25th, 2012, 11:20 pm
3rd Round Selection

DJ-B wrote:
I refuse to believe this many people are Ok with that call. its got to be the GB hate. If that had happened to the Lions, there would be People here swearing off watching the NFL ever again / Writng Goodell & NFL Nasty Letters etc etc etc. Think Not.. we did the same when CJ got robbed of a TD years ago, and that was a Much more debateable situations than this.

There was a Blatant No Call Followed up by a Terrible Call that then couldnt be Overturned due to lack of Indisputable evidence. If you are Ok with that simply because it was the Packers that got fudge then IMO you arent a Fan of Football, you just want your team to win and enemies to lose whether they earned a Victory or not.

I'm not ok with the call (or either of them - the no offensive PI decision, and the simultaneous catch decision). I think both were wrong, and very badly wrong.

That doesn't make it ok for the GB players to sound off in the way that they have. That was absolutely pathetic. They are professional athletes, who should recognise that the refs (replacement or usual) are not going to get every call right and that sometimes that goes for them (last year vs the Lions for example) and sometimes it goes against them.

An essential part of competition, and taking part in competition, is respecting the referees. If competitors don't do that, even when they get things wrong (and all referees will get things wrong from time to time), the sport simply cannot happen. Early in my rugby playing days I had a terrible call go against me and I sounded off at the referee. It's the only time it's ever happened. I was young and stupid. And I rightly got an absolute shed load of abuse from my more experienced team mates for doing it, even though they all agreed it was a shocker of a decision. They were right, and I'm ashamed to this day that I let the emotion get the better of me - its never happened again. So no way am I going to excuse the GB players for what they have done. Their reaction has been 10x worse than the mistake the refs made.

As for the GB fans, I've got no problem with them sounding off. They don't have the same obligation towards the league or the referees that the players do.

September 26th, 2012, 4:46 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

UK Lion wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
I refuse to believe this many people are Ok with that call. its got to be the GB hate. If that had happened to the Lions, there would be People here swearing off watching the NFL ever again / Writng Goodell & NFL Nasty Letters etc etc etc. Think Not.. we did the same when CJ got robbed of a TD years ago, and that was a Much more debateable situations than this.

There was a Blatant No Call Followed up by a Terrible Call that then couldnt be Overturned due to lack of Indisputable evidence. If you are Ok with that simply because it was the Packers that got fudge then IMO you arent a Fan of Football, you just want your team to win and enemies to lose whether they earned a Victory or not.

I'm not ok with the call (or either of them - the no offensive PI decision, and the simultaneous catch decision). I think both were wrong, and very badly wrong.

That doesn't make it ok for the GB players to sound off in the way that they have. That was absolutely pathetic. They are professional athletes, who should recognise that the refs (replacement or usual) are not going to get every call right and that sometimes that goes for them (last year vs the Lions for example) and sometimes it goes against them.

An essential part of competition, and taking part in competition, is respecting the referees. If competitors don't do that, even when they get things wrong (and all referees will get things wrong from time to time), the sport simply cannot happen. Early in my rugby playing days I had a terrible call go against me and I sounded off at the referee. It's the only time it's ever happened. I was young and stupid. And I rightly got an absolute shed load of abuse from my more experienced team mates for doing it, even though they all agreed it was a shocker of a decision. They were right, and I'm ashamed to this day that I let the emotion get the better of me - its never happened again. So no way am I going to excuse the GB players for what they have done. Their reaction has been 10x worse than the mistake the refs made.

As for the GB fans, I've got no problem with them sounding off. They don't have the same obligation towards the league or the referees that the players do.

I hope we see fines for some of the players! I wont say they dont have a right to be upset, but the regular refs were protected when they screwed the pooch on calls, these guys need the same protection. Fine these twitter junkies the same as they would have been fined last year. Maybe if Rodgers had throw at least 1 td the game wouldn't have come down to this. it takes more than one play to won/lose a game...suck it up GB and take responsability for the poor play the rest of the game!

September 26th, 2012, 8:28 am
Heisman Winner

I've never seen so many people have the same opinion on something as this, and for some reason I don't really think it was clear interception.

Who cares if he had possession at the highest point? When they were going to the ground tate wrapped his hands around the ball which was really smart. They both had it on the ground.

If a player catches the ball in mid air then drops it going to the ground was it a catch? No...

September 27th, 2012, 2:21 pm

hamma77 wrote:
I've never seen so many people have the same opinion on something as this, and for some reason I don't really think it was clear interception.

Who cares if he had possession at the highest point? When they were going to the ground tate wrapped his hands around the ball which was really smart. They both had it on the ground.

If a player catches the ball in mid air then drops it going to the ground was it a catch? No...

when plays are this close there will always be controversy. especially when it decides the game winner. It's one of those times when you just have to go with what was called. what cracks me up is when this Green Bay's reaction to it. that one play may have decided the final score, But a piss poor first half is why they lost, but try getting them to admit that.

September 27th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

From the Refs Thread:

DJ-B wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
njroar wrote:
Until Jennings comes down to the ground with his second foot, he hasn't completed the process of a catch. At that point is where it's ruled a simultaneous catch.

That's not true. "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control".

It cannot be a simultaneous catch if one player had control before the other.

Control is a seperate issue to a catch. Control can be established (in fact, must be established under the catch rules) before a catch is completed. Hence it was possible for the GB player to have control before his feet came down.

As such, if the GB player had control before the Hawks player before their feet came down, it could not be a simultaneous catch.

Ding Ding Ding. The call was incorrect.

THe Media hating on the replacement refs is way over the top and I feel bad for them. The regular refs likely would have had issues with that call also, including the Obiovus PI they said "Should have been called" yet we know they refs have been told not to call PI on Hail Marys (although it wasnt a Hail mary, it was a 24 yd pass -- Remember when Farve was with the Vikings, and he had that game winning pass to the back of the Endzone that was considereded Incredible. That pass was about the exact same distance, was not a hail mary , and you can bet PI woulda been called. There is no such thing as a 24 yard Hail Mary, thats just a long pass).

And of course the league upheld the decision, with the convenient "PI shoulda been called" excuse to defuse the situation. how often does the NFL review a call like that the next day and say "Oops, we fudge up" if they don't have a caveat to it like the "PI shoulda been called so that was the Real issue".

That said, I am glad we have the regular refs back, but the rules (and intermittent enforcement of them) that are just as much if not more of the problem.

I Do agree that any Current NFL Players tweeting crap they couldnt say about the regular refs should get fined the regular amounts. THey are NFL Players and need to act like it. The rest of the world is throwing more than enough Mud around for them anyways.

September 27th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

when plays are this close there will always be controversy. especially when it decides the game winner. It's one of those times when you just have to go with what was called. what cracks me up is when this Green Bay's reaction to it. that one play may have decided the final score, But a piss poor first half is why they lost, but try getting them to admit that.
While I understand what you're saying, no game is won or lost on 1 single play.

September 27th, 2012, 3:24 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

hey now...read till the end!! :wink:

September 27th, 2012, 3:53 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

hey now...read till the end!! :wink:
Well...er....um.... :oops: ](*,) :mrgreen:

September 27th, 2012, 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2