View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Random Thoughts After Week 3 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Random Thoughts After Week 3
Quote:
Just a thought for those who are wondering if Stafford has regressed...

Here's what I really believe the NFL figured out about Stafford. Stafford plays his absolute worst against a 2 deep safety zone defense.

3 weeks into the season every team we faced has played it. They throw in some man but the 2 deep safeties are there. It has been forcing Stafford to dink and dunk.

Hence the running game - The Lions are trying to make teams pay for the 2 deep safety look and have yet to do so - Leshoure and Best together might be the cure. But until Stafford figures out how to beat it, it's getting the better of him.

Thoughts?

Ferris, Stafford has completed 68%, yes that is correct, of his passes this season, for 846 or so yards, 3tds, and 4 ints, 3 of which came in one game. how in the hell can anyone say he as an induvidual player has regressed? if anything its our recievers that have regressed. titus young has been a non factor all season and obviously that completion percentage could be WAAAAAAY above 70% if we could just give pettigrew some stick-em.

September 28th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

millam21 wrote:
Quote:
Just a thought for those who are wondering if Stafford has regressed...

Here's what I really believe the NFL figured out about Stafford. Stafford plays his absolute worst against a 2 deep safety zone defense.

3 weeks into the season every team we faced has played it. They throw in some man but the 2 deep safeties are there. It has been forcing Stafford to dink and dunk.

Hence the running game - The Lions are trying to make teams pay for the 2 deep safety look and have yet to do so - Leshoure and Best together might be the cure. But until Stafford figures out how to beat it, it's getting the better of him.

Thoughts?

Ferris, Stafford has completed 68%, yes that is correct, of his passes this season, for 846 or so yards, 3tds, and 4 ints, 3 of which came in one game. how in the hell can anyone say he as an induvidual player has regressed? if anything its our recievers that have regressed. titus young has been a non factor all season and obviously that completion percentage could be WAAAAAAY above 70% if we could just give pettigrew some stick-em.

I'll go a step further and say that the 2 deep coverage isn't Stafford's problem. The running game would me more effective without Dom and Peterman. That right side of the line (I'm very impressed with Cherilus this season) is causing major havoc in both run game and passing game. The only answer to that 2 deep coverage is to run the ball. That will force the LBs to freeze and opening Pettigrew and Sheff as long as they cut down the drops. That in turn opens up the receivers because the safeties can't leave the TE's unaccounted for. Sheff missing last week hurt.

Titus needs to grow up and keep his head in the game. He's got the talent, but he's not performing up to potential which could be on Linehan in being more creative in the playcalling. Broyles should see more time, but Nate is playing extremely well, so it's hard to get that 4th receiver on the field when the 2TE sets are more of a mismatch against the 2 deep coverage. Broyles ability to get open will get him on the field.

If Leshoure can continue to be effective, that should get the offense flowing again. It might not look as explosive as last year, but it will be more effective if the running game can make teams honest. Stafford will be fine. If anything, I think he's being more conservative after the 3 TDs in week 1. He needs to take his shots.

September 28th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

Where have all the Saints fans gone, that 3 weeks ago were proclaiming that the Saints were headed to the Super Bowl?

September 30th, 2012, 10:23 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
Where have all the Saints fans gone, that 3 weeks ago were proclaiming that the Saints were headed to the Super Bowl?

No Coach and a defense that has to play fair for the first time n 3-4 years. I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

September 30th, 2012, 11:07 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:

Got off the bandwagon

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 30th, 2012, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Just like the bulk of those preseason lions fans...

September 30th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Veteran General Manager

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

No Coach and a defense that has to play fair for the first time n 3-4 years. I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

You and me both. But, there were a whole lot of saints fans on the national radio football shows that were calling in acting all cocky and arrogant that the Saints were going to rise from the ashes and be the 1st team to appear in a Super Bowl that they host.

October 1st, 2012, 5:47 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

You and me both. But, there were a whole lot of saints fans on the national radio football shows that were calling in acting all cocky and arrogant that the Saints were going to rise from the ashes and be the 1st team to appear in a Super Bowl that they host.

Every Super Bowl host says that (except the Lions of course).

October 1st, 2012, 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3