View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 50  Next
 Lions Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions Predictions
Shotty wrote:
10-6, 9-3 from here on with 1 loss to Green Bay and 2 other losses. We will get it right over the bye-week.

Unlike last year when we lost 3 of 4 after the bye (by an avg of 16.66 points). Our coaching staff hasn't show an ability to make adjustments either in game or week to week.

BTW - since you had the Lions losing 3 games all year, shouldn't they really go 12-0 from here on?

October 1st, 2012, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Based on how they have played the 1st quarter of the season... I don't see the Lions having a better record than 8-8. I'd be surprised if it's better than that.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 1st, 2012, 1:59 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If they are 1-5 or 2-4 they start shopping players on short term contracts (Avril, Houston, Levy, Durant, Smith, Williams, Fairley). At least that's what I'd be doing instead of losing some of them in FA or overpaying in FA to retain them or in the case of Fairley just trying to get something for him at this point, he should have been shopped before this past draft.

October 1st, 2012, 3:12 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Pablo wrote:
Shotty wrote:
10-6, 9-3 from here on with 1 loss to Green Bay and 2 other losses. We will get it right over the bye-week.

Unlike last year when we lost 3 of 4 after the bye (by an avg of 16.66 points). Our coaching staff hasn't show an ability to make adjustments either in game or week to week.

BTW - since you had the Lions losing 3 games all year, shouldn't they really go 12-0 from here on?

You can't hold me accountable for not knowing our ST would lose us 2 of our first 4 games; no one knew it would happen.

October 1st, 2012, 4:31 pm
League MVP

Shotty wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Shotty wrote:

You can't hold me accountable for not knowing our ST would lose us 2 of our first 4 games; no one knew it would happen.

thats alright Shotty...he's just ruffling your feathers! :wink: you keep the faith bro, it's nice to see someone not willing to sell the ship because the waters got riough. These guys arn't quite what we thought they were, But Ill be darned if I'mready to give up on em by week 4. Keep the faith brother...if this gets worse we'll need to borrow some of yours! :idea:

October 1st, 2012, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

Without improvements in the obvious areas, I can only see two games that the Lions have ANY hope of winning on the remaining schedule. Jacksonville and Indianapolis. Other than that, if they don't fix the issues and admit the mistakes, then this team is doomed to contend for the first overall pick yet again.

I suspect the team will start playing better, and that a 3 win season won't be what we are staring at in January. However, I realistically don't see this team getting any more than 7 wins on the season based on their remaining schedule.

Just a thought.....is there such a thing as the Madden curse affecting an entire team, rather than just the individual player? It seems like that's the case.

October 1st, 2012, 4:54 pm
Butkus Award Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Shotty wrote:

thats alright Shotty...he's just ruffling your feathers! :wink: you keep the faith bro, it's nice to see someone not willing to sell the ship because the waters got riough. These guys arn't quite what we thought they were, But Ill be darned if I'mready to give up on em by week 4. Keep the faith brother...if this gets worse we'll need to borrow some of yours! :idea:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just hoping for a comeback. I know this team can do it. We get 2 weeks off and return against a beat-up Eagles team straight off a game in Pittsburgh. Just gotta take it one game at a time, and go back to the basics on ST.

October 1st, 2012, 4:55 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
Just a thought.....is there such a thing as the Madden curse affecting an entire team, rather than just the individual player? It seems like that's the case.

Sigh.. the only reason Megatron hasn't be able to do anything is because everyone knows were going to pass. We have no run game and when we do it's gone right away and back to passing we go. It's beyond obvious what we do, and teams are seeing it and shutting us down.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 1st, 2012, 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Shotty wrote:

Put down the bong and walk away. LOL.

October 1st, 2012, 7:10 pm
Veteran General Manager

Shotty wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Shotty wrote:

You sound like Hillary Clinton when confronted with how many small businesses her policies would have bankrupted. " I can't be held responsible for every under-capitalized business in America."

October 1st, 2012, 7:14 pm
RIP Killer

Lions2SB2 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Sigh.. the only reason Megatron hasn't be able to do anything is because everyone knows were going to pass. We have no run game and when we do it's gone right away and back to passing we go. It's beyond obvious what we do, and teams are seeing it and shutting us down.

Oh right...as opposed to last seasson when everyone knew we were going to run and throwing to Calvin was such a BIG surprise to opposing defenses.

](*,)

October 2nd, 2012, 3:18 pm
Stadium Announcer

I dont care if they put 11 guys on calvin every play you must chuck a few up to him deep every play. He will come down with some just like last year.

October 6th, 2012, 11:51 am
RIP Killer

ZAndrews81 wrote:
I dont care if they put 11 guys on calvin every play you must chuck a few up to him deep every play. He will come down with some just like last year.

Absolutely wrong. With Calvin so heavily covered, other players have to step up and make plays. He's not our only receiver. His numbers don't matter, at all. I could care less if Calvin catches 16 TD passes in a season, or just one. If teams want to take him away from our plan, then Stafford MUST use his other receivers, and those receivers need to do their job and find the open spots. Linehan needs to develop some additional plays where Calvin is going to pull the coverage either up or push it back, depending on where he goes, and open up other spots on the field. Lastly, the running game needs to be developed further. Right now our running plays number right around 8 or 10 different plays. I rarely see a trap run, or any sort of an iso (since we don't have a full back). We could put a TE in motion for an iso play. We haven't used Logan in the backfield that much. He's our speed threat, or our screen threat.

We have options to Calvin. They either aren't being used, or aren't doing their jobs. Team sport. Remember that.

October 8th, 2012, 9:34 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
ZAndrews81 wrote:

Absolutely wrong. With Calvin so heavily covered, other players have to step up and make plays. He's not our only receiver. His numbers don't matter, at all. I could care less if Calvin catches 16 TD passes in a season, or just one. If teams want to take him away from our plan, then Stafford MUST use his other receivers, and those receivers need to do their job and find the open spots. Linehan needs to develop some additional plays where Calvin is going to pull the coverage either up or push it back, depending on where he goes, and open up other spots on the field. Lastly, the running game needs to be developed further. Right now our running plays number right around 8 or 10 different plays. I rarely see a trap run, or any sort of an iso (since we don't have a full back). We could put a TE in motion for an iso play. We haven't used Logan in the backfield that much. He's our speed threat, or our screen threat.

We have options to Calvin. They either aren't being used, or aren't doing their jobs. Team sport. Remember that.

AND not to mention the more you "chuck it up to Calvin", the more hes gonna get his mid air most likely by multiple defenders. Hate to see him get yanked out of a game or multiple games due to injury.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 8th, 2012, 9:56 am
Stadium Announcer

Obviously 11 guys an Calvin, I was  exaggerating. However do you think that teams scheme to stop Fitz? Their only offensive player. Does he still get his shots? The thing about Calvin is even when he's covered he's not. Stafford said that was his hardest adjustment. Did he not get double covered last year? You want the ball in your best players hands. We have other weapons on paper but so far this season I'm unimpressed. Nate is doing ok but young Pettigrew and Scheff(when he has played) have struggled heavily. I remember the preseason Stafford to Calvin were eating teams up, now that wasn't against real defenses but it's like linehan said if calvins covered go elsewhere. We aren't pushing the ball down the field like we had so much success with last year.

October 8th, 2012, 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 50  Next